YesNoOk

small modification face sprites jirem (Read 5695 times)

Started by oscar123, April 02, 2022, 08:28:16 pm
Share this topic:
small modification face sprites jirem
#1  April 02, 2022, 08:28:16 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
I have only made a small sprite change of the face of chars jirem from shinobi. I would like you to tell me if you think it is better or worse. I think it is more anime type now.
  old: 

new:

This is Jirem's face in the original game.
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:34:06 pm by oscar123
Re: small modification face sprites jirem
#2  April 02, 2022, 08:37:56 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#3  April 02, 2022, 08:46:22 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
Don't worry, little boy, don't lose sleep over this. I'm sure it has affected you psychologically. I know a good psychiatrist who can help you overcome your fear of names
#4  April 02, 2022, 08:50:33 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Don't worry, little boy, don't lose sleep over this. I'm sure it has affected you psychologically. I know a good psychiatrist who can help you overcome your fear of names

Seems odd strange, but good to know.
#5  April 02, 2022, 09:54:24 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Could you ever speak English correctly?

I swear, is that how you ever speak English properly?

You could have just corrected him politely instead of being a dick over a simple mispel. Plus you're not the greatest example of someone who can "speak english properly".
#6  April 02, 2022, 09:57:19 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
Honestly I think the head on the first one was fine, it seemed more consistent with the rest of the sprite. The shading in Xenoverse seems to be very different since the light source is from the front rather than the top.
#7  April 03, 2022, 06:45:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
jirem

*Jiren

Could you ever speak English correctly?

Excuse my ignorance; is even Jiren an English name or it's you just being stupid at it? Did you want to correct him? that's fine. NO NEED TO BE THAT WAY.

- Óscar:
I think the way the pupil was done in the old version it's more than enough. It's simple and clean. Yours, while trying to be closer to the source game, looks like the eye is looking behind. Take notes of where the light comes from: above and forward, in diagnoal, that's why the pupil was done this way in the old version.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#8  April 03, 2022, 08:00:36 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
The source game? Hyper Dragon Ball Z is the source game.
Jiren also appearing in other, official games doesn't necessarily make any of those games the source of this particular version of him.

As for the new head, the shading really clashes with the rest of the sprite. It should be lit from mostly above, just like the rest of his body. And aside from ignoring the light source, it looks weirdly unfinished.