YesNoOk

Haohmaru updated (28/11/2020) (Read 19834 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, November 27, 2020, 03:44:46 pm
Share this topic:
Haohmaru updated (28/11/2020)
#1  November 27, 2020, 03:44:46 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Q: There's already a POTS Style Haohmaru out there, just why?
A: This should blow the previous CvSesque versions of Haohmaru out of the water. This character was made taking data carefully into account. The creation process of Haohmaru lead to a discovery that makes movement even more accurate to CvS2. Is there room for improvement? Of course. Some things are lost in translation when you manually convert velocities to turbo, but that may be fixed in the future with some engine upgrades or even more discoveries.

Q: How do I play Haohmaru?
A: Haohmaru requires emphasis on footsies. His mid range is very good so it has a poke oriented nature. This character rewards good fundamentals.

Q: What about Rasetsumaru?
A: Part of the pokey nature of Haohmaru its still there, but Rasetsumaru is more about finding a window to go in. It has short but damaging combos and several combo paths suited for different situations. His corner game is good especially when it has meter, but his mixup potential is very limited and telegraphed.

Q: Where's Genjuro?
A: On the works.

HUUUUGE SHOUT OUTS TO SABOCKEE WHO MADE THAT AMAZING RASETSUMARU STANCE!!!

Spoiler: Updates (click to see content)
Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:45:28 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Haohmaru released
#2  November 27, 2020, 05:47:20 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
my complaint would be that he doesn't finish the entire dialogue in his special intro with Nakoruru, Hibiki and Akuma.
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:57:01 am by Kamui_Kanjai
#3  November 27, 2020, 05:49:12 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes! Great release, testing now!
#4  November 27, 2020, 06:07:01 pm
    • Germany
#5  November 27, 2020, 07:31:13 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Another worthwhile Haoh variation. My feedback and suggestions are:
1. More SS stuff like the enchanced Kogetsu Zan when dashing/running or Zankousen. Hell, you could even throw in his Nuigurumi for a goof.
2. Reflected Projectiles with more than 1 hit only do the 1st hit and pass through P2.
3. 2p for the Level 3 Supers.
4. Having his mouth closed before he talks during his Normal intro.
5. Whatever happened to the Rasetsumaru intro speech from Warusaki and Chazzanova's versions? It fitted him in my honest opinion.
6. Maybe off-topic, but there's this when EX Senpuu Retsu Zan clashes with Rose's Soul Reflect: https://streamable.com/uqem9t
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  November 27, 2020, 09:20:28 pm
    • Germany
1. More SS stuff like the enchanced Kogetsu Zan when dashing/running or Zankousen. Hell, you could even throw in his Nuigurumi for a goof.
Nuigurumi is there as an easter egg. Zankousen really doesn't make any sense in CvSesque gameplay because there's no backhit mechanic. In SS3 its good because you can connect it on backhit opponents consistently (back hit gives you more frame advantage, on SSVSP you connect Zankousen after backhit AB). Also, they only added Zankousen on 3 to compensate for the lose of Flame of the Conqueror WFT, something that CvS2 added back. If you want a telegraphed poke you can use standing Fierce... Or Flame of the Conqueror :P

Shinpuu Kogetsu Zan was on the early draft of Haohmaru but it was discarded early on development. You make it good and there's barely a reason to use regular Kogetsu Zan. You make it the same but with moving and welp... You got CvS2 version.

Moveset is set on stone.

2. Reflected Projectiles with more than 1 hit only do the 1st hit and pass through P2.
Against which characters? Jmorphman's EX Hadouken from Ken gets reflected properly. Haohmaru EX Tornado should go thru reflectors. This could be a bug on how projectiles are coded on the other character (even my own characters) and not Haohmaru itself.

3. 2p for the Level 3 Supers.
Fixed.

I'll look into it.

5. Whatever happened to the Rasetsumaru intro speech from Warusaki and Chazzanova's versions? It fitted him in my honest opinion.
I don't really know, as this is not an edit of Chazzanova's or Waru's, but it might be related to them mixing voice samples from SSVSP and Tenka (different seiyuus). Mine only uses voice samples from SSVSP.

6. Maybe off-topic, but there's this when EX Senpuu Retsu Zan clashes with Rose's Soul Reflect: https://streamable.com/uqem9t
That is on Rose's Soul Reflect ;( the reflector is coded poorly. I did not update her yet because she really needs an overhaul. All of my characters need it because of the recent discovery on CvS2 data, but pre-Terry characters need it even more.
#7  November 27, 2020, 10:40:58 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Nice hearing from ya' brother, waiting for the update. Got some more:
1. Select Screen Small Port is currently defaulted to Rasetsu's palette.
2. A Slash FX Sprite from Dankuu Retsu Zan's startup is missing from the MAX version.
3. No Afterimages on his Rasetsu supers.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8  November 28, 2020, 02:26:36 am
    • Aruba
Nice Job Karma! this Haohmaru is godlike. :D
#9  November 28, 2020, 06:02:57 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-Hien Kiri has no envshake on the hit.
-I'm not sure if my ears are decieving me, but I hear two super jump sound effects on Ougi: Resshin Zan.
-There's no running dust when he starts rushing on Issen.
-The hitspark and guard spark on Ougi: Senpuu Ha is misaligned.

That's all for now. I'm kinda disappointed you didn't give him an EX version like Iori and Terry. But then again, he must not have enough unique moves in other games to warrant one like they do.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  November 28, 2020, 12:44:48 pm
    • Germany
I looked into it and there's actually not a frame for Haohmaru on that position with his mouth close. I thought it was a color separation issue but it isn't :O

1. Select Screen Small Port is currently defaulted to Rasetsu's palette.
Hopefully fixed.
2. A Slash FX Sprite from Dankuu Retsu Zan's startup is missing from the MAX version.
Added.

3. No Afterimages on his Rasetsu supers.
Added.

-Hien Kiri has no envshake on the hit.
Added.
-I'm not sure if my ears are decieving me, but I hear two super jump sound effects on Ougi: Resshin Zan.
Damn, you should be proud of your hearing. I wasn't expecting for people to notice this. It's actually like that on CvS2!
-There's no running dust when he starts rushing on Issen.
Added.
-The hitspark and guard spark on Ougi: Senpuu Ha is misaligned.
Re-aligned, this one is tricky because of the changing hitboxes and visuals.

That's all for now. I'm kinda disappointed you didn't give him an EX version like Iori and Terry. But then again, he must not have enough unique moves in other games to warrant one like they do.
Indeed there's not an alternate moveset that I want to revisit ;(

Thanks y'all for the feedback. Haohmaru was updated.

Spoiler: Updates (click to see content)
Re: Haohmaru updated (28/11/2020)
#11  November 28, 2020, 01:54:56 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Congrats on the release, Karma and thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Just a couple of cosmetic things:
Palette #6 is assigned to Rasetsumaru instead of regular Haoh.
Midnight Bliss animation is not defined in the .air file.

Any other issues I've noticed were already mentioned/fixed.

vyn

#12  November 28, 2020, 03:43:40 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Super high quality as usual, tnx for sharing

MCX

#13  November 28, 2020, 05:27:21 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
He’s so good, congratulations Karma. The bugs that I found were already fixed. If I have some time I Will make more pals to him
#14  November 30, 2020, 02:55:18 pm
I was waiting for him thanks a lot Karma
 ;)
#15  November 30, 2020, 03:08:37 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the comms guys  :sweetheart:

Did a small update following sabockee's feedback. It's very small so you guys can prescind from it if you don't feel like downloading again.

#16  December 03, 2020, 07:29:05 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

yes, haohmaru can have at least 1 minute of combos.

when testing, I found out that Issen still plays regular Haohmaru's win voice instead of a Rasetsu voice clip in Rasetsu's mode.

He also doesn't laugh during the winpose where he drops his sword and laughs. I liked the laugh sound effect Warusaki3 used in his Rasetsumaru, but this is just some bitch nitpick feedback. The top piece of feedback should be the one that should really be taken into consideration.

also, this isn't really feedback, but could Rasetsumaru have separate win quotes from Haohmaru? idk if winquotes are THAT important, but since Haohmaru and Rasetsumaru are completely different people, I thought their win quotes would heavily differ. If this isn't really that important, then ignore this part of the feedback.

anyways, good shit, hopefully you keep up the epic work if 2020 didn't fuck up your schedule yet  = )
#17  December 04, 2020, 05:20:13 pm
    • Brazil
Is Hi Ougi: Tenha Fuujin Zan lvl1 supposed to deal less damage than his HP?
#18  December 04, 2020, 05:43:03 pm
    • Germany
[youtube]https://youtu.be/C4-nnfnyQCs[/youtube]
yes, haohmaru can have at least 1 minute of combos.
Thanks Saltyy <3

when testing, I found out that Issen still plays regular Haohmaru's win voice instead of a Rasetsu voice clip in Rasetsu's mode.
I'll look into it

He also doesn't laugh during the winpose where he drops his sword and laughs. I liked the laugh sound effect Warusaki3 used in his Rasetsumaru, but this is just some bitch nitpick feedback. The top piece of feedback should be the one that should really be taken into consideration.
No, I get you. Off the top of my head there's two voice samples for the same winpose, one doesn't laugh. Its actually from source, when you win it shows a mkesque screen with your next opponent and rolls the winpose with another sample. But it looks plain wrong with the anim, so I'll either get rid of the sample or assemble an anim that makes sense.

also, this isn't really feedback, but could Rasetsumaru have separate win quotes from Haohmaru? idk if winquotes are THAT important, but since Haohmaru and Rasetsumaru are completely different people, I thought their win quotes would heavily differ. If this isn't really that important, then ignore this part of the feedback.
Woops, an oversight on my part, I thought I covered WinQuotes early on development. I'll add some.

Is Hi Ougi: Tenha Fuujin Zan lvl1 supposed to deal less damage than his HP?

Yeah.

#19  December 05, 2020, 07:42:03 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
My computer doesn't suck, but its definitely not great whatsoever. That said, any idea why this Haohmaru would cause tons of lag even when both players are just idling? No matter what opponent or stage I choose, he causes MUGEN to lag. I never have lag with any other character, including Hires chars, and Goku by Wolf_Stak which should cause lag on under par PC's. Based on others videos though, he looks really well made and like a lot of fun.
Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:27:28 am by Toxic Masculinity
#20  December 05, 2020, 10:34:18 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Such amazing work you did KC, on both Haohmaru and Rasetsu. :)