YesNoOk

Evil Ryu Updated (31/10/2020) (Read 252288 times)

Started by vyn, May 28, 2014, 05:00:58 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Evil Ryu Updated (31/10/2020)
#1  May 28, 2014, 05:00:58 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Im updating this guy.

He seems to be my most popular character by far with about 8000 downloads counting my link and the m.archive link but looking at his coding made me realize just how badly made he is lol.

Whats on the list:

- Remaking his entire sound file with cleaned up SFIV voice and SFV sound effects.
- New system effects like hitsparks, guardsparks, super, dust, etc.
- Realignment of the .sff
- Im streamlining his .sff and .snd file, hopefully I can reduce his file size to about half, ive reduced 20mbs already.
- Clean up his "hadou" effects, they are more red now (they were yellowish before)
- Remake about 50% of clsn boxes.
- Improve animation timings
- Remake his combos
- Add SFV damage dampener
- Add hitstun decay
- Add powercharge
- Add some sort of V-Trigger
- Change parry for perfect guard
- 1.1 only
- HD big and small portraits
- Reduce his "black & red" effects to only hadou based abilities, the rest will be just black
- New AI
- Power increased to 5000
- Remake his Raging Demon
- Remove his "ralph" super
- Change Hadou combo into Senku Goshoha (gouken´s dash palm attack)
- Change denjin hadoken into shakunetsu hadoken
- Other stuff

Im also thinking of merging his EX moves and Lvl1 supers like in SFV, not sure yet though.

Not much to show since its mostly code and sound so far but here are some crappy Gifs of the new effects and cleaned up shinku hadoken.

Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:56:17 pm by vyn
Re: Ryu
#2  May 28, 2014, 05:05:25 am
  • Niigasan
Evil ryu by infinite has them I believe and good fx and mwrylys evil ryu for fx
#3  May 28, 2014, 05:29:46 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

vyn

#4  May 28, 2014, 05:30:59 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
#5  May 28, 2014, 05:32:53 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Last message modified
#6  May 28, 2014, 05:46:39 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
One of my favorite creators from IMT is back!

Dude I have wondered where you have been for a long time. Awesome screen shots. Wow man so much has changed.

I remember looking at your stuff being Wowed and wishing I could even come close to making things like that.

Now it seems I have gotten close too it. Good to see your back in the game Vyn!
#7  May 28, 2014, 06:24:12 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
The upper body of the stance looks very okay. The shoulders look too wide. Additionally, the reversing the lower body doesn't offer a very good centre of balance.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#8  May 28, 2014, 06:30:45 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh hell yeah! it's great to see you back Vyn! And with Evil Ryu nonetheless

#9  May 28, 2014, 06:39:14 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
That stance looks a lot less intimidating with skinny non-anime style ryu. Either way good luck I suppose.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#10  May 28, 2014, 06:56:32 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Additionally, the reversing the lower body doesn't offer a very good centre of balance.
Agreed. I think if the sprites were edited so that the legs were wider (and not the typical cvs shoto stance) it'd look a lot less awkward. Good to see you back Vyn!
#11  May 28, 2014, 08:34:50 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
One of my favorite creators from IMT is back!

Dude I have wondered where you have been for a long time. Awesome screen shots. Wow man so much has changed.

I remember looking at your stuff being Wowed and wishing I could even come close to making things like that.

Now it seems I have gotten close too it. Good to see your back in the game Vyn!

^ Agreed , Good to see you back bro....
#12  May 28, 2014, 02:28:47 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Holy shit, I am amazed ... this is something I was so sad to see never finished, and finally you're reviving him!  Awesome news brother!

-+-

Edit:

As far as the voice goes, I think the English one sounds more ... gruff I guess would be the word, if it gets  to the point where enough people request it, I would be happy to patch the sound file for you, I've had the voice clips sitting in a folder on my desktop for ages and never really got around to using them ...

Also, any plans on making the HCF+K move part of his move set?
Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:44:15 pm by 【B.S.D.O.】Ness
#13  May 28, 2014, 03:24:08 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Wao.! Vyn's back, amazing. your page will have more updates I always loved that efect on the second picture in your characters for doing a special.
I don't know so much about Mugen code but I edited a litte bit your rock.xD and race too hehehe

Edit: please doesn't put him so strong AI, like you did to violent ken hehe now a days I can't beat your violent ken. one by one.
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:37:58 pm by yaret
#14  May 29, 2014, 09:13:33 am
    • Canada
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#15  May 29, 2014, 07:06:27 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Vyn? I haven't seen you in some years. Welcome back, and I hope this project go's well for you. :yes:

vyn

#16  May 29, 2014, 08:01:16 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Last message modified

tnx bro, il download those

One of ....

tnx bro, ill try not to dissapoint

The upper body of the stance looks very okay. The shoulders look too wide. Additionally, the reversing the lower body doesn't offer a very good centre of balance.

shoulders do seem wide by themselves but i think they look good during transitions (which are the key to make custom stances work IMO), ill post some of those so u guys can see,
legs are a bit awkward indeed although ive always considered the regular stance weird too with the knees pointing one side and the head facing the other but ill try to work it a bit more. I do suck at spriting though.

Holy shit, I am amazed ... this is something I was so sad to see never finished, and finally you're reviving him!  Awesome news brother!

-+-

Edit:

As far as the voice goes, I think the English one sounds more ... gruff I guess would be the word, if it gets  to the point where enough people request it, I would be happy to patch the sound file for you, I've had the voice clips sitting in a folder on my desktop for ages and never really got around to using them ...

Also, any plans on making the HCF+K move part of his move set?

would love to add it, i have to check the sprites and see if theres enough for me to frankensprite one or maybe theres one avaliable?? anyone know?

Anyone knows if there are Evil Ryu sound rips from ssfiv avaliable somewhere? perharps effects too?

What effects do you want?

mostly the shoto energy balls and the black ink effects for specials and ultras.

Vyn? I haven't seen you in some years. Welcome back, and I hope this project go's well for you. :yes:

tnx man

#17  May 29, 2014, 08:12:08 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I believe mwryly made the sprites they're in his Ryu/EvilRyu/MasterRyu in CvS style; obviously credit if used, but they'll do the trick ...
#18  May 30, 2014, 03:39:18 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:43:34 am by yaret
#19  May 30, 2014, 03:55:25 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Welcome back, and good luck Vyn!

vyn

#20  June 02, 2014, 01:50:51 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Worked a lot on him this weekend, sound is 50% sfiv so far and added a few moves, here are the screens, they aint finished yet but good enough for a screenshot. Mwryly did a great job on those axe kick sprites.

axe kick

oni´s misogi special, figured it would be more useful than yet another supermove

lvl 3 shinku hadouken

next ill finish the audio file and start adding ex moves.

Im trying to figure out what system gimmicks to use. My last characters had a ton of stuff like custom combo, parry, focus attack, zero counter, super jump, roll recovery, etc. since im pretty much remaking my template with this guy to something more simple id like to hear some ideas.

So far i think im gonna keep roll recovery and use sfiv revenge mechanics for ultras.
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:56:45 am by vyn