YesNoOk

I'm Looking for Beta Testers! (Read 35966 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 22, 2021, 12:05:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: I'm Looking for Beta Testers!
#21  January 24, 2022, 08:53:04 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I was playing Waku Waku 7 for the first time recently and I really liked the mechanic in that game where you could get up attacking (kinda like Tekken), and I decided I want to make it a function of this game, but I can't decide if it should be an Offense Meter thing or Defense Meter. I would think Defense right? Any thoughts?

Also, if I add that I feel like I need one more feature for the other bar to even it out. Right now the meter functions are:

OFFENSE

Offense Drive - Full Bar
EX Move - 1/3 Bar
Guard Crush - 1/4 Bar

DEFENSE

Defense Drive - Full Bar
Guard Cancel Attack - Half Bar
Guard Cancel Dash - 1/4 Bar

So I'm thinking the Wake Up Attack could be 1/3 Defense bar, and whatever I come up for Offense could be a Half bar, so then each meter has a function for 1/4,1/3,Half and Full bar. Maybe something like a Roman Cancel? Or maybe Offense Arts could have two levels? Ideas and thoughts are welcome!

EDIT: I was also thinking about making it so that Defense Drives can be done during the wakeup state (5120)

Roman Cancel for 1/2 Bar could be good and the Wake-Up Attack sounds refreshing, but it depends on how viable Drives would be with the likes of these around.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: I'm Looking for Beta Testers!
New #22  January 24, 2022, 10:15:39 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
That's a good point. Maybe I shouldn't be adding stuff. I already had to adjust meter cost and damage to make them more worth it already, and I still catch myself barely using Defense Drives during my arcade playthroughs. Maybe this stuff can be saved for Last Bout 2, lol. Just gotta get these damn endings done!

EDIT: I also just read that this was kind of an issue in Rumble Fish as well. The wiki I was looking at described the Critical Arts (the equivalent to this game's Maximum Overdrives) like this: "Most characters can rarely afford the 6 bars needed to use this. Practically speaking you are more likely to use the meter in neutral or for other reasons. It is a cool way to win a game though."

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:01:06 am by Sean Altly