YesNoOk

"AI Patch CvS Haohmaru" by Master Gouken - Updated by HJK/Tee Hee Hee (Read 27821 times)

Started by hjk, September 09, 2007, 09:57:23 pm
Share this topic:

hjk

"AI Patch CvS Haohmaru" by Master Gouken - Updated by HJK/Tee Hee Hee
#1  September 09, 2007, 09:57:23 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
The FAIR version of the Haohmaru Patch by me has been updated.

Be sure to Thank:

Fr33dom87 - for hosting the character

Ken34 - for allowing me to use some of his code

TheUtilityMan - for sharing with me an update that I have now given Haohmaru

Master Gouken/Makkah - Of Course, for putting in all the hardest work in creating this char.

Previews

Haohmaru AI patch vs. Rasetmaru by Warusaki3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYp-ZKVfhWo

Haohmaru AI patch vs. Hibiki by Warusaki3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7V0leRrrEk

[glow=purple,2,300]INFO:[/glow]

Haohmaru FAIR by HJK/Tee Hee Hee:

Haohmaru FAIR is best played at with lifebarset at 200% in the options menu

He performs well in smaler stages and like to get up close if possible.

He has semi-style changes depending on whjat kind of random activation Mugen tends toward at whatever time:
       - Regular - I highly mixed, very aggressive style, in which his distribution of attacks is noticibly varied
       - Resshin Zan - A Rarely occuring Mugen Glitch style in which he may start to overuse that attack
       - Spam Senpuu - A sort of cmmon state where agianst his coding he may spam three or more Senpuu Renssin                    Zans at a distance

[glow=purple,2,300]NOTES:[/glow]
This patch is the one I call 1.0 but I am not sure if it was as good as his .998 Patch (.998 was never released but was in the video against Hibiki)
I have to do some more testing  :S

[glow=red,2,300]MAIN ADVANTAGES OVER THE ACTUAL PLAYER:[/glow]
He has a 3 to 5 tick combo advantage over the actual player, Meaning distances are easier for him to handle while comboing.

Because he's an AI, he is much faster toward his actions than a human.

He can break the get up animation into a roll to prevent cheap corner play from other AIs.

Download the Patch here

http://www.freewebs.com/fr33dom87/hostedstuff.htm

Get the original Haohmaru here

Original Site of Master Gouken:

http://www.mugenguild.net/~mastergouken/
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:54:55 pm by Tee Hee Hee
Re: AI Patch Haohmaru by Master Gouken - Updated by HJK/Tee Hee Hee
#2  September 09, 2007, 10:14:44 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."

hjk

Re: AI Patch Haohmaru by Master Gouken - Updated by HJK/Tee Hee Hee
#3  September 09, 2007, 10:28:59 pm
    • Afghanistan
Thanks for the Feedback Elix ^_^

He has a 3 to 5 tick combo advantage over the actual player, Meaning distances are easier for him to handle while comboing.
What does this mean? He must have the same cancel conditions if this AI patch is to be called 'fair'.

The funny thing is that this is commonplace for most people that code AI and is especially prominent in CvS AI coders.
I call it 'fair' based on the fact that this is common for CvS creations that many creators label "FAIR" as well and to differentiate my patches for the ones qwer shows videos of.

I know to call it completely fair I'd have to remove it, but doing so forces him to run into a ton of problems, besides the ones I already encountered.
There are many combos he cannot definitely complete, because the hittimes do not correspond to the combos I coded so I just had to work with them to keep the char as accurate as possible to the creator.

The AI has set combos unlike the player. To add this to the player would mean the player could create 10 hit combos using basic attacks (mainly crouching attacks).

To remove this from the AI, again, would put the AI at an extreme disadvantage.

Also teh fact that i revealed elements of why my AIs aren't completely equal to the player should say something :beg:. I didn't want to sweep anything under the ru so I made it very clear.

He can break the get up animation into a roll to prevent cheap corner play from other AIs.
You better remove this feature :-\
Oh, and good work :) And very nice character.

Yea, I know I should. I just can't stand it when there are certain chars around that wait till p2's prevstateno = 5120 then launch a priority 7, Hit attack against other chars for the entire match.
It just grinds at me to see it so I add that in for continuation of an actual match and as an extra little challenge feature.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Re: "AI Patch CvS Haohmaru" by Master Gouken - Updated by HJK/Tee Hee Hee
#4  September 10, 2007, 12:35:03 am
Nah, that wasn't a feedback.
Also teh fact that i revealed elements of why my AIs aren't completely equal to the player should say something :beg:.
Yes, it means you did that with some purpose. While this purpose is unclear to me, I also can't understand why do you keep doing this. I mean your AI works. As far as I remember, your "broken" AI patches were supposed to show people how unfair a fair character can become. I suppose people at MFG really don't need your patches just for that, they knew before you and me what "broken" is.
I just can't stand it when there are certain chars around that wait till p2's prevstateno = 5120 then launch a priority 7, Hit attack against other chars for the entire match.
Maybe you should choose already: fair characters or broken characters? If you didn't care for them this thing wouldn't have bothered you. Think about it. Why put normal characters against broken ones and wait for them to win?

hjk

#5  September 10, 2007, 03:26:04 am
    • Afghanistan
Yes, it means you did that with some purpose. While this purpose is unclear to me, I also can't understand why do you keep doing this. I mean your AI works.

My Purpose:

To compete with chars in a completely Broken field :wall: .
If everything were to get balanced I would change my AIed chars completely, but as for now, they still have major disavantages.

I am not H'. My mentality is that I will keep each of the disadvantages the chars I code already have (i.e. AIR speed, Priorities, Vulnerabilities, Combo Disadvantages, etc.) and couple them with coding that further balances the matches given the disadvantages, but still leaves my AIs with elements that should make them less likely to win (a very arguable point though).

The combo tick advantage comes as a more balanced feature because a Human has a choice in what combos they can pull and can easily be cheap with those. I set the AI up to pull set combos to avoid cheap sh@t. The human can still execute these combos, slower yes, but with relatively the same amount of success (tested that  ;) )

As far as I remember, your "broken" AI patches were supposed to show people how unfair a fair character can become.

Qwer's broken AI Patches were meant for that as well but his were the ones that were publicly released.
I'd never allow my EXTREMELY cheap ones to become public.

I suppose people at MFG really don't need your patches just for that, they knew before you and me what "broken" is.

And yet I've seen rant after rant against Reu, but never any analyzing of other chars. If the chars aren't obviously broken, then for some odd reason people don't bother to check. I check, but I'm so far gone that I get MAD about it :omg: , when I really shouldn't.

I just can't stand it when there are certain chars around that wait till p2's prevstateno = 5120 then launch a priority 7, Hit attack against other chars for the entire match.
Maybe you should choose already: fair characters or broken characters? If you didn't care for them this thing wouldn't have bothered you. Think about it. Why put normal characters against broken ones and wait for them to win?

In this case I will choose the 'broken' side of that issue. The char as a whole I wouldn't call broken. My AIed chars are still set up to have the disadvantages and are still highly likely to LOSE rather than win... Test It.

I'm not going to create a completely cheap code in which my char waits for the opponent to attack while my char is in teh "get-Up" phase, and launches priority 7, Hit invulnerable attack calling that CvS/SFA/Capcom accurate... maybe that is BUT, I just don't want to do it.
I would rather allow for some possibility to occur where my char can still be hit rather than dead attacking.

Yea, I'm immature in that I am too obsessed with not allowing my AIs to lose because of some unfair stuff.
I would call myself negatively passionate and even hypocritical to that extent, but to compete with a broken field of chars, I would have to pull 3 stunts as opposed to many more.
I guess what I could do is implement a random trigger for this rolll event to happen instead. I wanted to leave the character, when concerning the player, as accurate to Master Gouken's coding as possible. I would have to ask him if I could implement those same commands (for the roll) for humans as well.

Wait, what?

Not an attack... NOT AN ATTACK, but didn't you love a few chars that are dead broken?

Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:33:27 am by Tee Hee Hee
#6  September 10, 2007, 03:32:37 am
Someone loves watch mode over actual gameplay.

hjk

#7  September 10, 2007, 03:41:19 am
    • Afghanistan
Someone loves watch mode over actual gameplay.

Is that a bad thing ???

I would probably put it like this.
I love playing Mugen... "Kasugano FTW", but I am fatally flawed in the fact that I obsess over AI.

For the longest while I've just been checking and analyzing everything and hav been becoming angry over something that shouldn't run my life.
Admittedly, Mugen has some damn addictive qualities, that go right alongside how communities are set up. Getting mad over Mugen is a terrible flaw that I still possess and have been fighting against for freakin' ever. I hate being game obsessed to any degree and have managed to keep my trap shut, and out of the way of that flaw for a while but it still pops in and out of me when it should be completely gone.

God, its  just frustrating for me to identify and not be able to just completely fix this problem.

Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:54:04 am by Tee Hee Hee
#8  September 10, 2007, 09:07:31 am
I guess what I could do is implement a random trigger for this rolll event to happen instead.
What I can't stand is when you do a jump in on an opponent's wake-up and it completely misses. :sadgoi: This is likely an issue with all your AI patches. That's why I wouldn't bother to keep them, because I prefer to play now rather than watch.
Not an attack... NOT AN ATTACK, but didn't you love a few chars that are dead broken?
I did, but not anymore. :) It bores. And I'm not a tiny bit worried that possibly my Serious Kyo would be pwned by lots of cheap characters. Instead, he will be enjoyable to fight againts.
#9  September 10, 2007, 04:26:34 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I would have to ask him if I could implement those same commands (for the roll) for humans as well.
Meh, knock yourself out.

You can modify whatever it is you need to accomplish what you want. The only problem I'd have is if you released the entire character (and I already know you won't), but patches are fine. :)
Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:40:24 pm by Makkah
#10  September 10, 2007, 04:36:11 pm

Iori kawaii~! ;D

hjk

New #11  September 10, 2007, 05:10:37 pm
    • Afghanistan
I would have to ask him if I could implement those same commands (for the roll) for humans as well.
Meh, knock yourself out.

You can modify whatever it is you need to accomplish what you want. The only problem I'd have is if you released the entire character (and I already know you won't), but patches are fine. :)

Thank You so much Makkah  :sugoi:

I guess what I could do is implement a random trigger for this rolll event to happen instead.
What I can't stand is when you do a jump in on an opponent's wake-up and it completely misses. :sadgoi: This is likely an issue with all your AI patches. That's why I wouldn't bother to keep them, because I prefer to play now rather than watch.

Never thought of that.

I'll probably only implement it for standing states.

I did, but not anymore. :) It bores. And I'm not a tiny bit worried that possibly my Serious Kyo would be pwned by lots of cheap characters. Instead, he will be enjoyable to fight againts.

I was actually referring to the argument we had over 'Accuracy being Cheap' in SNK chars  :D . Those chars in question, in particular, if you still like them, that is  :sugoi:

Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:05:17 pm by Tee Hee Hee