YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition. (Read 712867 times)

Started by vlad_alucard, August 01, 2020, 01:05:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition.
#61  March 01, 2021, 06:10:40 pm
I ripped all of them, if Grim uploaded them they should be in Sprite Database.
#62  March 01, 2021, 07:01:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome!
To see that some new classic-type content can be availiable to make this great game!
Good job Alex! BTW is it emulated on mame or something ?
#63  March 01, 2021, 07:59:47 pm
    • Argentina
    • mar-c_cruz@hotmail.com
#64  March 01, 2021, 09:14:35 pm
#65  March 01, 2021, 10:44:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#66  May 06, 2021, 08:38:39 am
    • Argentina
Hello guys, I have come to give signs of life, not my absence was not due to the C-virus but I have news about the next month I will have the next build ready. I leave you Screenshots so as not to die forgotten lol

Do not forget to visit the Discord group if you like the project or want to give your contribution to make it grow. https://discord.gg/8rFmArhwBe

Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:
#67  May 06, 2021, 10:45:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED
still high quality work!
Good luck to you.
This project have some specific taste I like...
#68  May 15, 2021, 01:16:13 am
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Nostalgia intensifies!
Miyabi did recreate de SFC SB system. This could be very usefull if him shared the codes.
#69  August 31, 2021, 07:22:04 pm
    • Argentina
Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 06:21:39 pm by vlad_alucard
#70  September 01, 2021, 05:14:37 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
It has been a long time and I have had many rejections between a damn Trojan on the pc and personal and family problems but here is finally the last public build and the best to date. I'm in trouble so I can't give you screenshots so discover the surprises it contains

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2dxhhjmzhyvykhq/DBZ.rar/file

I don't know if it's a false positive or what, but my antivirus doesn't like this game.

A shame because I want to play it! ^^;
#71  September 01, 2021, 05:44:35 pm
    • Argentina
Can take the .exe from another mugen 1.1 and try it? the guys on the discord tells me what is safe
#72  September 01, 2021, 06:23:29 pm
    • Argentina
#73  September 01, 2021, 06:52:24 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is just way to good! Keep going, please!
#74  September 01, 2021, 08:13:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Can take the .exe from another mugen 1.1 and try it? the guys on the discord tells me what is safe

THanks! I will!

Actually, I know you have no bad intention, I was sjust not sure about the file itself since you had PC problems.
But yes, I'm glad I can try it!

Your project is a gem! I'm very glad to see an update!

EDIT : some feedback.
I finally tried the game after my antivirus freakout ^^;

Good :
-Awesome graphics, characters, stages (everything looks in 16 bits spirit)
-No flashy effects or similar stuff that make you out of the restro style.
-Extra characters
-Improved gameplay compared to the source games (amost impossible to do combos)
-intro, win quotes
-japanese voices !!! Thanks so much for not giving this game the horrible english dubbing voices (I can understand some like them)
-all musics (including snes ones) in Buyuu Retsuden/Megadrive style . Who did these musics ? is it some sound fonts edit ?

Bad/not that good :
-What happenend to kid Trunks (both his portrait and ingame sprites are very strange compared to the other characters)
-For some reasons, I feel like the Kai world music (from super butouden 3) is not that good in megadrive style
-With some characters, it's not easy to combo normal attacks (because of push back ?) For some, it's easier (Future Trunks, Dabura...)
-Some special moves connect weirdly (exemple adult Gohan's dive kick, some time kicks nothing after first kick)
-Not sure about the "result" music from HYper dimension. (It's good, but sounds definitly too SNES compared to the other themes)
-I regret the absence of some story mode based on the character selected. (but this is a Mugen problem)
-I suggest the video options to be set to default when you upload the game. (I struggled many minutes to remember how to set that) People not that used to mugen would give up very fast I think (?)

Suggestions :
Aftre playing this game with great roster, and great retro feeling, I felt like... I would like to see Bojack, Broly... alternate swaps of regular character too... I hope you can recover your PC and update again this incredible project.

In 20 years of Mugen, this is one of the very few games that makes me forget for some time I was playing a Mugen game! :)
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:29:47 am by Nedflandeurse
#75  September 02, 2021, 04:09:52 pm
    • Argentina

THanks! I will!

Actually, I know you have no bad intention, I was sjust not sure about the file itself since you had PC problems.
But yes, I'm glad I can try it!

Your project is a gem! I'm very glad to see an update!

EDIT : some feedback.
I finally tried the game after my antivirus freakout ^^;

Good :
-Awesome graphics, characters, stages (everything looks in 16 bits spirit)
-No flashy effects or similar stuff that make you out of the restro style.
-Extra characters
-Improved gameplay compared to the source games (amost impossible to do combos)
-intro, win quotes
-japanese voices !!! Thanks so much for not giving this game the horrible english dubbing voices (I can understand some like them)
-all musics (including snes ones) in Buyuu Retsuden/Megadrive style . Who did these musics ? is it some sound fonts edit ?

Bad/not that good :
-What happenend to kid Trunks (both his portrait and ingame sprites are very strange compared to the other characters)
-For some reasons, I feel like the Kai world music (from super butouden 3) is not that good in megadrive style
-With some characters, it's not easy to combo normal attacks (because of push back ?) For some, it's easier (Future Trunks, Dabura...)
-Some special moves connect weirdly (exemple adult Gohan's dive kick, some time kicks nothing after first kick)
-Not sure about the "result" music from HYper dimension. (It's good, but sounds definitly too SNES compared to the other themes)
-I regret the absence of some story mode based on the character selected. (but this is a Mugen problem)
-I suggest the video options to be set to default when you upload the game. (I struggled many minutes to remember how to set that) People not that used to mugen would give up very fast I think (?)

Suggestions :
Aftre playing this game with great roster, and great retro feeling, I felt like... I would like to see Bojack, Broly... alternate swaps of regular character too... I hope you can recover your PC and update again this incredible project.

In 20 years of Mugen, this is one of the very few games that makes me forget for some time I was playing a Mugen game! :)

Thank you very much for the feedback. Now I will clarify the points that you told me.

With Kid trunks there are two sets of sprites, one created by another user and another original from SB3. You can exchange them at will but the portaits unfortunately I have to improve them since they were handmade by me to preserve the style.

The songs in megadrive style are made by a youtuber who made the 3 butouden in that style. I admit that it is not my favorite, I had found a method to create genesis ost based on midis but it is quite arduous work and when they infected my pc I had to eliminate them with time I will be able to remake them.

The problem of Gohan's kick is not a problem of Gohan but of the enemy char that sometimes the hitbox moves away or moves to a place where the kick does not connect especially small chars, he would have to turn that movement into a grab or do end the move if it fails. to the list of activities for the next update.

Only use music in Hyper Dimension on the victory screens I was going to put the SB1 one but it seemed too short and the game would be silent before the player finishes reading the victory phrase

We have planned a story mode in the discord group but it would be a general one as in hyper dimension if it is done although that part is not going to be done by me

The resolution was with the intention of giving a soft effect to the sprites that do not look more pixelated and increase the retro experience when trying to recreate what would be an old tube TV they are free to change it at will if they do not like it or not it's compatible.
#76  September 03, 2021, 05:18:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#77  October 01, 2021, 02:52:43 am
    • Argentina
Hello everyone, this update is to do a search for volunteers. The next release, rather than focusing on the chars, will be an audiovisual upgrade (don't worry, the retro style remains intact) to bring the stages to the highest quality of detail within the standards, but that's not the problem. I am looking for someone who is interested in collaborating with the music of the project. It can be in SNES or Genesis style and as a last resort Arcade. But the idea would be to have all the music in a single style to give the feeling of being all from a single game and thus give it a more professional touch.

Whoever wants to join is more than welcome. I leave you examples of the new versions of the stages, they are not all but most of them will receive a similar treatment to get the best out of them.

Clarifications on the subject of music I know that there are edits on YouTube that can be useful but I am looking for something more attached that does not feel like an external addition, I am sorry to elaborate a lot on that in a redundant way but it is a very important piece to achieve my goal. I leave greetings to all and to those interested I wait for you in the discord
#78  October 01, 2021, 06:17:12 am
  • I am Alive
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/bardockrevenge
#79  October 01, 2021, 09:08:43 am
  • A.K.A. NED
#80  October 01, 2021, 06:35:22 pm
    • Argentina
congratulations on your project, for me these old games are the best to play

I'm doing a hyper dimension remake

https://www.deviantart.com/bardockrevengedct/art/Hyper-Dimension-Coming-Soon-880109279

and i'm thinking about doing finalbout and ultimate batle 22

if you need any help...

I am the creator of old gokussj2 and majinvegeta ssj2
http://bardockrevenge.rf.gd/chars.html

Wow, it's an honor to meet you. I've played a lot with your chars for a long time, I'm seeing your work in DA. Are you going to make chars with pre-rendered sprites? At the moment my only problem is the ost I have fallen into the need to use those of other non-DB games to maintain the style especially of Sonic with small editions although it is not ideal. The chars still lack Meteors and I would like you to use the HyperDimension ones on my discord. There are two attempts to replicate them but they are more like prototypes of the final Meteors.