YesNoOk

Fate/Grand Order (Read 2128329 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#21  August 12, 2015, 10:47:26 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yeah, to update your app you just have to go to QooApp, click on Fate Grand Order and then you'll find the update button at the bottom.

I had to use a command seal for the first time after fighting Kiyohime and Elizabeth Bathory, I took like three NPs, ugh. On the other hand it was a nice investment since that leveled me up, I recovered AP and thus lost more sleep to use it. Yay (And thanks to that, my Tsubame Gaeshi is now LV3, and I'm at 150 Quartz)

Edit: Just so you don't mess up and prepare beforehand with the proper class for each stage:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WI4dKGcwWjn5XpTgfLsK8c0cipRzrWbVpiLGeVr55Ks/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1768996010
Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:18:39 pm by S.D.
#22  August 12, 2015, 11:10:18 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I managed to get through those with little to no problem,but I had nothing to counter Atalanta with as she is an archer as I didn't have Saber then
Also,Shadow Gilgamesh is a fucking bitch,2 resurrections and 7 NPs to take him down,jesus
#23  August 12, 2015, 11:20:08 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
My only Saber is... Saber Lily, sooo...
I just messed up by not using Jeanne's NP before their own, and I was too lazy to quit the app to restart the battle, oh well.
#24  August 12, 2015, 11:25:51 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
My bad,Archers are countered by Lancers and I am yet to get a single lancer.
Got Caligula as a berserker on the free roll and might actually put some exp into him as he looks cool
I just messed up by not using Jeanne's NP before their own, and I was too lazy to quit the app to restart the battle, oh well.
They made her NP a bit too good
#25  August 12, 2015, 11:27:14 pm
No Saber, no Lancer, one Archer.... Arash. Casters and Assassins up the wazzoo, two Riders, one Berserker (Spartacus). Can't get anyone past level 16 (well, it'll be better when I can properly abuse the Cavalry EXP day). That's not really working out great.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:31:24 pm by DKDC
#26  August 12, 2015, 11:30:42 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I see the apk is 37.73 MB, but judging by the screenshots I'm going to assume that the actual size is quite large. Could someone please tell me how much space in total it will take up? I might be able to fit it on my phone. Also big thanks to Byakko for explaining how to install it.
#27  August 12, 2015, 11:36:15 pm
The initial APK download is 37.something MB, but then at launch it downloads some more. I'm not sure how much that takes (I don't think it took a lot more time than the initial download, so probably in the same area, like 50 tops), but after that you can do a data install rather than have the game constantly query the server. This clocks in at... 463MB, quite a bit more (also longer DL time).
Also, like SD said, qooapp appears to be preferable. Go to Qooapp's site, F/GO is on the front page, try to download and it'll ask you to DL the qooapp app (you also can't get it through the Play Store), then go in that app and get FGO on the "front page". From there, you'll be able to do an update without losing the link to your account. Just tried it (it properly replaced the APK I got from apkpure).

Man, when I finally get proper Knight class Servants, I'll fill them with EXP, I've been keeping lots of high EXP cards for them.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:44:23 pm by DKDC
#28  August 12, 2015, 11:47:24 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Let's see, my App is a good, 499MB after the update (That's a lot, way larger than my other two mobage games, FFRK and Terra Battle), also be aware that these apps download a handful of assets on the go so if you don't have a lot of space you'll have to clear the cache data quite constantly (You can always save to a microSD if you have the option to, the minor trade off is reduced performance)

And yeah, Lancers beat Archers, that went past my head. I have Leonidas so I should start to level him up with the daily, I've been too focused on Kojiro (I got Lv4 Tsubame Gaeshi now) I'll probably get more exp cards whenever my AP refills. I guess I could switch my Kojiro for Leonidas for a while to help a bit.
Ditto about Casters and Assassins, and sadly riders aren't very good at the moment.
#29  August 13, 2015, 12:07:17 am
Ah, about the class rock-paper-scissor, I just thought, the dragons in France are Rider-class, I hear there's a lot of Assassin enemies in Rome - that's why they give out a lot of Assassins and Casters right now, right ? So they might be pushing for one class per chapter. Okeanos chapter will probably push for Riders (the pirates and all) facing Casters, London will push for I don't know what, and Jerusalem might push for Sabers given the context (although all the Hassans as well as David and Solomon should be around there). Babylon can be Gilgamesh's home turf, so Archers. And Lancers are left for London (all the Irish guys will come out there because hey, same region), meaning there will be a bunch of Archers.
#30  August 13, 2015, 12:33:53 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yeah, that's why I've been leveling up Sasaki, he just destroys dragons, you can check both triads works in-game and check the specific multipliers in that googledoc. They're definitely trying to make the game a bit easier by pushing servants of one class to deal with trash mobs from a specific map (And then a boss comes out and messes you up). I wonder how things will change since the datamining says there's more classes. Oh well, you can just get a good Berserker and not care about those things, as long as you have proper damage mitigation.
#31  August 13, 2015, 01:46:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ugh. I'm not very phone savvy -_-
It's for Japan only. Allow external / unapproved sources for the apps (it's in the security parameters)
I can't even find this in IOS8.4 at all. I've googled it. I've googled the qooapp thing and everything but I can't find the security options to allow me to run it.

I guess it'd be a stretch to just wait till an English version?
#32  August 13, 2015, 01:50:30 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Download bluestacks on your pc and just play with us over emulator if you can't run the iOS version
#33  August 13, 2015, 01:59:04 am
Ugh. I'm not very phone savvy -_-
It's for Japan only. Allow external / unapproved sources for the apps (it's in the security parameters)
I can't even find this in IOS8.4 at all.
Oh, uh, that's all for Android (qooapp and downloading the APK). I forgot it just got release for iOS - but I assume iOS is also region-locked, and FGO is definitely also Japan-only there. I don't know if the iPhone has any way around the region lock and the region store and if anyone outside Japan can play it on iPhone, so yeah, if there's nothing, the Android emulator on Windows is your best bet, apparently it runs just fine... I reckon there's no iPhone emulator.
#34  August 13, 2015, 02:07:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah. Oh well. I'm sure I wouldn't have messed with it much anyway. I haven't found a game I like to play on my phone yet. Thanks for trying!
#35  August 13, 2015, 02:11:08 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
IIRC you can do it by making a Japanese account and then somehow finding your way around iTunes(I think the game is hosted on there) and getting it
Have you tried pretending to be from nippon yet?
#36  August 13, 2015, 03:51:52 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
http://app.steparu.com/guides/app-store-ios
It doesn't sound that complicated, in case you still want to give it a try.

I think the reason why the game is so huge is all the voice data, every servant has a dozen of voice samples or so, plus all the voiced story segments.
I have a small issue where the app randomly minimizes at mid-battle and it doesn't save my progress so I have to start battles all over again, it could be my phone just being awful and running out of memory though.
#37  August 13, 2015, 08:11:38 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Thanks guys, I think I should be able to fit it in :)
#38  August 13, 2015, 03:28:20 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
i love this games <3... but do you have a solution for red saber?
#39  August 13, 2015, 06:04:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
A solution? Are you fighting her in Rome? I'm not even there yet. Just bring Archers since she's weak to them.

I barely finished the Fafnir fight.
JESUS CHRIST. SO. MANY. DRAGONS.
....Thank you Sasaki.
#40  August 13, 2015, 07:20:25 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Loving a lot of the new servants but eww at that young Iskandar design. Also the fuck at girl Atilla. At least Leonardo has some bit of sense. Her stripperific design is stupid too.
Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:31:50 pm by Mgbenz