KoF XV (Read 743557 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#281  January 18, 2021, 04:59:08 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
You know, I think this is the single major issue of KoF. Basically the chances of a character appearing are dependant mostly on whether the character can be fit on a team (and sometimes whether the character has something to do plot-wise). This is the main problem with most characters introduced on the NESTS arc onwards, since most of them were made to fill in the extra slot on the four men teams.

That is... fair.

It just sucks cause Shingo's been around forever. I really wanna see him come back. Somehow.

I hope they can find a way to fit him into the plot... assuming other past characters come back from the dead too, like Rugal and Krizalid.
#282  January 18, 2021, 05:26:38 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I can totally see them putting him as DLC.
#283  January 18, 2021, 05:34:20 am
    • USA
To solve the problem with the leftover NESTS characters, perhaps mix them with the EX/Neowave/Maximum Impact/XI secret boss cast who haven't been seen in ages, or even make some of the strikers from the NESTS era playable? Or even FF/AOF characters who haven't gotten the chance of appearing in the series?

SNK "fans":

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I will never, ever get why wanting to see the Maximum Impact (or EX for that matter) casts return is apparently a bad thing.
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:37:50 am by Miru962
#284  January 18, 2021, 06:09:53 am
    • Brazil
You know, I think this is the single major issue of KoF. Basically the chances of a character appearing are dependant mostly on whether the character can be fit on a team (and sometimes whether the character has something to do plot-wise). This is the main problem with most characters introduced on the NESTS arc onwards, since most of them were made to fill in the extra slot on the four men teams.
Is that even required in the story? Can't people just be groups of friends like all other fighting games, so they can drop this stupid team thing?

I will never, ever get why wanting to see the Maximum Impact (or EX for that matter) casts return is apparently a bad thing.
People like to whine, its just that simple.
#285  January 18, 2021, 06:14:21 am
    • USA
It's fine to not like Maximum Impact, more power to you. And it's fine to prefer other characters returning. I mean I personally would prefer other characters to appear over the Maximum Impact roster. I wouldn't MIND if they came back, I just... would prefer other characters.

Some people really don't like those characters and just really don't want to see them come back.

At the end of the day it's fine if it's your personal opinion/preference. I haven't actually seen anyone being like "Maximum Impact is a STAIN and any characters from that game coming back will RUIN THE FRANCHISE", though. That's what I'd call whining, and I haven't seen any of that (here anyways, but I usually miss a lot of obvious shit anyhow).

Anyhoo can we get #ShingoXV trending.
#286  January 18, 2021, 06:24:35 am
    • Brazil
I haven't actually seen anyone being like "Maximum Impact is a STAIN and any characters from that game coming back will RUIN THE FRANCHISE", though. That's what I'd call whining, and I haven't seen any of that (here anyways, but I usually miss a lot of obvious shit anyhow).
Oh, darling, but there has been. You won't believe the whining that happened on this thread over the mere suggestion that Maximum Impact characters could return. I'll maintain what I said before about it, though: if SNK brought forgotten characters such as Mui Mui and Love Heart in KoF XIV, if they brought forgotten characters such as Miss X and Jeanne D'Arc in SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy and if they revived Samurai Shodown while also bringing attention to the also forgotten Last Blade with Hibiki as an upcoming DLC, it is far from unreasonable to expect them to bring at least one character from a forgotten side story such as Maximum Impact.

On a side note, I love how Miss X's ending in SNK Heroines implies that Iori is a tsundere, its my head canon that he is gay for Kyo now, even though that is not an original head canon to have.
#287  January 18, 2021, 06:35:50 am
    • USA
Oh, darling, but there has been. You won't believe the whining that happened on this thread over the mere suggestion that Maximum Impact characters could return.

Can you not "Oh darling" me it comes off as super condescending and it makes you look like an asshole lol and I'm not gonna put up with that.

Additionally, I'm not saying there hasn't been any. I'm saying I haven't seen it. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist or I'm denying it's existence. I just tend to miss shit like that cause I'm an airhead lol
#288  January 18, 2021, 03:01:46 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Is that even required in the story? Can't people just be groups of friends like all other fighting games, so they can drop this stupid team thing?
That's the thing, teams should at the very least make a minimum of sense, otherwise you end with stuff like Iori with the agents in 2001 or some of those random formations from XI. If you're gonna team up characters who aren't know to have any kind of mutual friendship at least they'd need to have something in common or a shared objective (like they did with the Mexico Team in XIV).
#289  January 18, 2021, 04:34:38 pm
  • SNK is life
(B) Your description of Kyo is misplaced from the very beginning.
He was 19 in KOF'94, therefore was NOT a teenager indeed.

Even your generalized perception of TEENAGER was wrong 3 words in from the start of the sentence.

#290  January 18, 2021, 07:32:04 pm
To be faiiiiiiir, there's a cultural thing there because over here you're an adult at 18, so no, 19 isn't a teenager (especially since our word for teenager isn't based on the word "ten"). It's hard to attribute the word in English to someone who's legally an adult. Depends on your language and your law.

That being said, Kyo was absolutely designed as a stereotypical hotheaded cocky teenager in the early years, regardless of your legal word for his age. It's ridiculous to claim otherwise.

Also, last time that discussion came up and I looked that up, I could swear Kyo was like 15 or 16 in the first games, got wrecked by Goenitz before 96 and then held back only one year, then disappeared in 97 and never finished school because of NESTS ? When did the info about him being 19 after 95 come from ??
edit - wikipedia says they just stopped aging at all after 95 so the year numbers are irrelevant.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 07:55:49 pm by Byakko
#291  January 19, 2021, 06:46:20 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
(B) Your description of Kyo is misplaced from the very beginning.
He was 19 in KOF'94, therefore was NOT a teenager indeed.

Even your generalized perception of TEENAGER was wrong 3 words in from the start of the sentence.

My bad.

Where I'm from 19 is a tad too old to be considered a "teen".
You usually go off to college or find work at that age.

Maybe the countries I live in don't coddle up their kids as much.

But like Byakko said, it's a cultural thing I guess. Touché nonetheless.

That being said, Kyo was absolutely designed as a stereotypical hotheaded cocky teenager in the early years, regardless of your legal word for his age. It's ridiculous to claim otherwise.

But, I never said otherwise.

I concur that his design was indeed partly constructed on the basis of his profession.
He was a cool, hot-headed high school student who did nothing but fight.
That was evident in his design.

Unbuttoned jacket.
Rolled up sleeves.
Wears a headband.
Wears gloves.
etc.

I don't wanna bring up old discussions again, but Kyo's design is much more suitable for my own taste. Let's just put it at that ;)
#292  January 19, 2021, 11:33:58 pm
    • Brazil
Where I'm from 19 is a tad too old to be considered a "teen".
You usually go off to college or find work at that age.

Maybe the countries I live in don't coddle up their kids as much.
Or maybe it's because neurologists agree that people's brains are still developing until their early 20s.
#293  January 20, 2021, 01:13:02 am
No, that is 100% not how any country on the planet defines who's a teen and who's an adult. And it 100% shouldn't be how they define it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#294  January 20, 2021, 01:49:33 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, it's always good to follow stupid rules set up by people who have no idea what they're talking about, instead of, you know, actual scientists that study the human brain for years.
#295  January 20, 2021, 02:04:19 am
I really hope you're not saying you don't want people to be considered adults until they're in their early twenties, with all the legal rights and responsibilities that come with being considered an adult. Being an adult and having a right to a place in society equal to everyone else should not have anything to do with your brain being fully formed.
#296  January 20, 2021, 05:11:13 am
    • Brazil
Being an adult [...] should not have anything to do with your brain being fully formed.
If you think there is a better time to be called adult than when your brain is fully developed, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.
#297  January 20, 2021, 05:21:51 am
    • USA
Hey how about we get back to talking about KOF.

Here I'll help. Ahem.

Shun'ei sucks.

Okay let's get back on track.
#298  January 20, 2021, 06:01:04 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Everyone: cHeWn Ay BaD !!!11

Me:

Homina Homina Homina
#299  January 20, 2021, 06:25:14 am
    • USA
Lol

I mean

He does tho

And if I've learned anything from years on the internet, saying the same joke over and over and over and over and over will never get old ever

Ye

In all seriousness the wait for the next trailer feels like an eternity and I really hope it's either longer, or 45 seconds put to good use.
#300  January 20, 2021, 01:03:27 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com

In all seriousness the wait for the next trailer feels like an eternity and I really hope it's either longer, or 45 seconds put to good use.

maybe the producer of the game took note of the last trailer that was a trash and they are making a better new one. this time.