YesNoOk

Playing mugen with your little brother until... (Read 1709 times)

Started by FatalX, January 12, 2012, 05:57:40 pm
Share this topic:
Playing mugen with your little brother until...
#1  January 12, 2012, 05:57:40 pm
  • >Insert something funny here<
It used to be fun to play with mine, but now that he is starting to understand how the hitboxes, attack dampening and other crap works, anytime he loses a match he is like : fuck this your character is too imba/fast/powerful/too much defense...etc then he throws the gamepad and go. I cant even play with him a single match without him wining about something, it makes me so mad... I should have never told him that it is possible to edit characters -_-" Hopefully i have some friends which i can play but i'd really like the "magic" back when i play agaisnt my bro.

What should i do mugen guild :???: ^^'
-Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

-Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Re: Playing mugen with your little brother until...
#2  January 12, 2012, 06:10:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Build a balanced roster and sho him that X and Y have equal chances of winning.
Or use the same character as him every time. :P
#3  January 16, 2012, 08:19:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I agree, mirror match the bastard.
#4  January 16, 2012, 10:42:27 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
a) Explain to him that actual fighting games also have such stats and imbalances between chars. Kick his ass in actual fighting games.

b) Use VERY VERY accurate-to-source same-game chars.

[size=2pt]But that would be Rolento and Vans' stuff only, right?[/size] :P
#5  January 17, 2012, 05:02:50 pm
Nice pieces of advices guys thanks  ;P

Anyways i ALWAYS kick his ass. In any game. So he's just gonna be mad at me for the rest of his life i guess  ;D
-Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

#6  January 17, 2012, 06:12:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Intentionally lose and whine that HIS character is imba/fast/powerful/too much defense.

Let's see how HE likes it.
#7  January 17, 2012, 10:42:05 pm
    • Japan
When I play with my little brother, he always picks easy to use characters (Shin Gouki, Rugal, Haohmaru etc.) and I use characters that I dont really know how to use (K999, Shen Wo, Mai, Athena etc.), ussualy its CVS vs KOF/slow characters, but after some time I get pissed and choose one of my favorites and then he can't put any punch or kick on me.

And I tell him all adventages/disadventages of my characters.

btw. small advice: IF you want to kick my ass master grabbing characters.
#8  January 18, 2012, 12:12:28 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
KFM v KFM to prove who the true master of the mixed MUGEN arts tournament is. The loser watches "Putrid Sex Object".
#9  January 18, 2012, 12:16:26 am
a) Explain to him that actual fighting games also have such stats and imbalances between chars. Kick his ass in actual fighting games.
I would go with this. Start playing more "real" fighting games with him. Eventually, he'll begin to understand concepts of zoning/rushdown/ect and will realize that just because something is hard to beat doesn't mean it's op. If he still persists in complaining about losing, then you need to help him get over that scrub mindset.
#10  January 19, 2012, 01:54:14 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Or you could just stare at him with a stern poker face with a slight smirk after every match you whoop his ass.

My little brother does this too as he never strategizes in VS battles. Just the other day, he was really excited about MK9 and wanted to battle me. I kicked his ass since all he does is mindlessly spam projectiles and jump kicks. His excitedness dropped and he switched games right away. LOL

So yeah, give him the stare after you kick his ass. Or just beat him with his own tactics. That's always fun.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#11  January 19, 2012, 02:08:42 pm
  • 140% more effective in da balz.
Give up man.
Just play Team Coop with him.
(I know how it is)
#12  January 19, 2012, 03:46:36 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
What characters do you use? Depending on what you use, maybe he's right. Put a screenshot of your roster, please.
#13  January 19, 2012, 06:25:26 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Come to think of it, just keep selecting Rare Akuma. Every time.

Epic win.  ;D

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#14  January 19, 2012, 06:31:30 pm
  • Dust to dust...
    • USA
    • Skype - tylorthehedgehog
    • www.freewebs.com/wubbi/
My brother complains anytime he loses, calling me "cheap" and crap. Well, I beat him at fighting games, he beats me at FPSs.
I even play actual balance fighting games, and he STILL does it!
Thanks for reading my signature.
#15  January 19, 2012, 06:49:12 pm
first of all, someone who throws a pad because of loosing should get a punch in the face straight.
une bonne tarte dans la gueule moi je dis.

second, just tell your brother to use all characters you have used to beat him in the past, and beat him again with other characters.

My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#16  January 19, 2012, 06:55:39 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
first of all, someone who throws a pad because of loosing should get a punch in the face straight.
une bonne tarte dans la gueule moi je dis.

lol
#17  January 19, 2012, 10:19:37 pm
What characters do you use? Depending on what you use, maybe he's right. Put a screenshot of your roster, please.

All the characters here are constantly edited and balanced by me (except boss characters which we dont use when playing togheter anyway).

Give up man.
Just play Team Coop with him.
(I know how it is)

Well actually the guy who made this Screenpack fucked up as he didnt put the Team Coop mode.... :(
Or you could just stare at him with a stern poker face with a slight smirk after every match you whoop his ass.

My little brother does this too as he never strategizes in VS battles. Just the other day, he was really excited about MK9 and wanted to battle me. I kicked his ass since all he does is mindlessly spam projectiles and jump kicks. His excitedness dropped and he switched games right away. LOL

So yeah, give him the stare after you kick his ass. Or just beat him with his own tactics. That's always fun.

Na... i tried everything you can imagine with my bro, including this or losing on purpose ; but he figures out he's not dumb :p). Rly he is just a sore loser who will never understand the beauty of mugen... Just let him die  :sugoi:

#18  January 19, 2012, 11:52:01 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Unfortunately, lots of people disregard Mugen, including plenty of fighting game diehards.  :'( For me, Mugen is fantastic as I adored fighting games as a youngster. It's a passion, really. And a damned shame for those who don't get it.

#19  January 20, 2012, 10:52:53 am
  • Be good to your friends and family
    • www.angelfire.com/games5/colinkok/index.html
Hello FatalX,

I feel sorry to hear what happened between you and your brother.

Maybe this is what you can try:

1. Change to another screenpack that allows Team Co-Op and play with him.
2. If you were to play versus him, tell him that it's only a game, please be sporting and don't lose the temper if lost.
3. If you can, give him some handicap. But in turn you have to strive harder to win :(
4. Play real arcade fighting games with him, then teach him how to play, the basics, combo etc.
5. I don't agree with playing mirror match. (That's from my personal experience). It tires and worn both of you out quickly. (Sorry to those that suggest mirror match)

Hopefully you can re-patch your relationship/friendship with him as best buddy or siblings, and hope this helps you.

Cheers.