YesNoOk

Help, trigger to change p2 state when p2 gets hit during custom state? (Read 2548 times)

Started by Punkxy, May 31, 2020, 01:00:19 pm
Share this topic:
Help, trigger to change p2 state when p2 gets hit during custom state?
#1  May 31, 2020, 01:00:19 pm
Hey guys, I  need halp as usual
1/3 I made a certain move send p2 to a custom state.

2/3 In that custom state if p2 meets the wall he changes to another custom state that makes him wallsplat and slide down on the wall until he reaches the ground.

3/3 when he reaches the ground he changes to a third custom state with a falling down animation until he's lying down on the ground, and then he recovers and gets up automatically.

Right now if p2 gets hit during that custom state he simply floats and falls over.
I want to add to it an extra custom state that activates during the 3/3 custom state, in which if p2 gets hit by p1, he will change to that extra state to give p1 an opportunity to land a few hits before p2 falls. aka "wall combo".
I'm trying to do it similarly to Tekken 7 if that helps visualize it.
In what way could I accomplish this scenerio?
Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:17:56 pm by Punkxy
Re: Help, trigger to change p2 state when p2 gets hit during custom state?
#2  June 01, 2020, 05:40:43 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Hitoverride in the custom state is probably easiest. That way when hit he returns to the state again. If you're worried about him being in it too long you can get clever with explods placed offscreen as timers.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Help, trigger to change p2 state when p2 gets hit during custom state?
#3  June 01, 2020, 10:17:47 pm
I actually figured a more complicated way to do this and I'm half way there so I'm gonna stick with it since it works and I have control over it xD
thx though