YesNoOk

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Read 1388732 times)

Started by Umezono, February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus
#121  August 18, 2021, 04:28:28 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

New trailer after what felt like years showcasing the Hisui region where it will later become the Sinnoh region.  Regional pokemon confirmed including Growlithe and Braviery as well as new Pokemon from current era ones such as Stantler to Wyrdeer and Basculin to Basculegion.

Protags can get hurt by Wild Pokemon and battles will take a different approach.

New trailer for Sinnoh "remakes".  Literally the same as how they were in the DS games from Contest, Ball Stickers, no redesigns in key characters.  There are no Ranked battles meaning there is a strong chance the Dex will just consist of those found in the OG Sinnoh Dex.

All games will be compatible with Home.
#122  August 18, 2021, 06:01:02 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
£60 for Diamond/Pearl but with character customization, lmao no.

Legends looks good though. Will keep a eye on it. Eager to see more of the story.
And regional mons are always good. Super surprised with the new evos though. At last my boy Stantler will have a chance to shine.

Interesting that it's compatible with Home, although good. That means the new mons wont be locked away like Notched Ear Pichu(lol lmao)
#123  August 18, 2021, 06:24:55 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Let's not forget Basculin's evolution. Finally this pirahna Pokemon got some love.
This is fate.
#124  August 18, 2021, 06:31:50 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I like how the remakes are looking tbh, I can breathe easy knowing there's SOME new stuff at the moment.

But damn Legends is looking dope. Love what they're doing with it and the new Growlithe form has me loving life again lol
#125  August 18, 2021, 08:11:52 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I feel like these are the trailers they should've shown as the first viewing, even if it meant delaying the reveals.

I also fail to believe Game Freak managed to take a game that had two Pokémon in the background running at 5fps to something that has several at once running at an actual framerate. Someone's gotta be helping them with this.

But uh, yay, the Pokémon now respond to being bonked by a Poké Ball or something happening near them.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#126  August 18, 2021, 10:59:33 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
My initial thoughts run to if there are regional forms of some monsters in Hisui, and Hisui becomes Sinnoh over multiple generations, then canonically these regional variants are all extinct in the present day.  Which is sad.

Would be funny if the following game or even BDSP here takes liberties with the fossil resurrections mottif the games reuse a bunch to let you get these Arceus monsters though.

Weird they didn't cover Hisuian Growlithe's typing.  Was gonna guess it was Water but then it used what appears to be an ATB version of Rock Slide.  And a Rock-type Growlithe is essentially just Lycanroc again.  Base Arcanine is already just weaker Entei, would kinda suck if the new Growlithe line is already outclassed out of the gate.
Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:15:39 pm by Long John Killer
#127  August 19, 2021, 12:44:14 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
you couldn't find a more uninspired, transparent cash grab than these "remakes"
#128  August 20, 2021, 12:54:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/growlithe/

So turns out Hisuian Growlithe is Fire/Rock type.  Alright.  That's neat enough I guess.

New trailer for Sinnoh "remakes".  Literally the same as how they were in the DS games from Contest, Ball Stickers, no redesigns in key characters.  There are no Ranked battles meaning there is a strong chance the Dex will just consist of those found in the OG Sinnoh Dex.
While that is a likely possibility, seeing Game Freak hasn't gone back on their statements at the beginning of the gen 8 detail reveals about no future games having full pokedexes, I was more taking that to mean the lack of ranked battles means no dynamax to push the gen's new feature.  Which yeah, there was the whole lore thing making having it at all outside Galar pretty unlikely to begin with, but they can handwave that away as easy as they are for Pokemon Masters if they so pleased.
#129  October 25, 2021, 08:16:28 pm
    • Brazil

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#130  October 27, 2021, 02:13:43 pm

Spoiler: Also their origins are really effed up (click to see content)

Also Scyther gets a new evo, Kleavor, a Bug/Rock type who will serve as one of the game's Bosses where you must quell its anger as you dodge their attacks.
#131  October 27, 2021, 10:51:10 pm
  • SNK is life
Nintendo keeps getting away with these PS2 Looking Releases with great impunity! XD

(Still hype tho)
#132  October 28, 2021, 01:20:03 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
For anyone still interested in the remakes, you can get the Platinum outfits for the protags as an early purchase bonus, which is probably the only glimpse of Platinum you'll get, sadly.

#133  October 28, 2021, 01:21:43 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
For anyone still interested in the remakes, you can get the Platinum outfits for the protags as an early purchase bonus, which is probably the only glimpse of Platinum you'll get, sadly.

Miserable.

God these remakes are fucking shit lol every trailer just keeps killing me.
#134  October 28, 2021, 01:25:37 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
We will really never see the battle frontier again :(
Online battle frontier would have been so cool
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#135  January 15, 2022, 12:25:49 am
    • Brazil

That's a long reveal.
#136  January 27, 2022, 05:16:15 pm
    • Brazil

So, apparently the Gen 4 remakes are so garbage that they didn't even change the NPCs movesets. Which means there are Gen 4 moves that aren't usable in Gen 8, but are still there.
#137  January 27, 2022, 05:44:35 pm
  • SNK is life
This is ... insanely lazy, omg
#138  January 27, 2022, 07:13:15 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
they didn't even change the NPCs movesets.

Not to defend this game, but unchanged from what? Fantina's Banette in Platinum (the only prior instance of her having one) didn't know any of those moves, let alone Snatch.

This was coded in especially, then patched out.

#139  January 27, 2022, 07:29:04 pm
    • Brazil
If anything that makes it even worse, because they probably copy-pasted random moves from her learnset without thinking twice about it.
#140  January 27, 2022, 09:17:28 pm
This is ... insanely lazy, omg
Not as lazy as this.

Also, Arceus game is out tomorrow and already out in some regions.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:23:18 pm by Kirishima