YesNoOk

Wario (CvS2 Reimagining) (Read 12459 times)

Started by jay_ts, July 06, 2020, 03:30:07 am
Share this topic:
Wario (CvS2 Reimagining)
#1  July 06, 2020, 03:30:07 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-HarX8Wi4c
Wario (CvS2 Reimagining)
This character is compatible with MUGEN 1.0 and 1.1.

Here is Wario.

= BIO =
Wario is the large, obese, muscular, greedy arch-rival of Mario. Wario's name even plays on the word "Warui" meaning "Bad" in Japanese. His first appearance would be in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins as the main antagonist of the game. For the first time, Mario's objective is to retrieve something of his own posession, and not for the benefit of someone else, like Peach or Daisy. Wario steals Mario's castle in the country of Mario Land (yes, mario owns a country) while Mario was saving Daisy in Sarasaland, and Mario had to get it back by defeating Wario once more. A ton of people (including Nintendo) loved the idea of an anti mario (that wasn't bowser), so they elaborated more on Wario's backstory, saying that he was bullied by Mario during childhood, with one example being Wario and Mario playing as sheriff and robber. Wario ended up being the robber 1,255 times, and was only the sheriff once, and when he did get that chance, Mario made fun of him every chance he got. You can probably tell how much of a mental scar that would have caused, although his obsession for money had been there since Wario was an infant, as he used a giant magnet to trap riches in Yoshi's Island DS, a game pre-dating even Mario Bros. from 1983.  He even fought with Baby Bowser over a giant tub of gold during the ending of the game. Eventually, he got his own spin-off series in Wario Land and WarioWare, which turned Wario from another villain riding the Mario hate train, to an anti-hero who only does good deeds if it is for his own benefit, without caring if it benefits for anyone else besides him, which definitely added more depth and character to what was previously a monotonous bizarro clone. At least Nintendo treats him like an actual character in the Mario universe, and get's a spot in pretty much every game Mario has been in (aside from the main-line mario series), which is unfortunately not true for his partner in purple ;(

= GAMEPLAY =
This Wario plays nothing like other versions of M.U.G.E.N Wario. He has a CvS2 game play style, with a more refined combo system, particularly with Wall Bounces, which now has a whole new combo system added to it. Wario's moves are kept the same from the original Warner version, so he has the Fire Shot, Super Spring, Hyper Punch, and Shoulder Tackle. I decided to add little nuances in these moves, such as the fact that you can cancel Light Shoulder Tackle into Medium Shoulder Tackle into Heavy Shoulder Tackle into EX Shoulder Tackle. It makes the combos look so much better. While this Wario uses Warner's sprites, you can see I have made some edits to them, particularly with his clothing and his face. I changed the eyes to a black circle with a white dot in the center like he normally does, instead of the small black pixel Warner uses. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just that I think it looks somewhat better on Wario. A new mechanic Wario has is the Wario Waft. This move works in the same vein as it was in Super Smash Brothers. If he hits his opponent or gets hit by the opponent, his fart meter slowly charges up. You can perform the Wario Waft at any time, but the fart meter you've built up to that point determines the strength of your Wario Waft, with the maximum Waft dealing 50% damage. His AI has been completely refurbished. It is much more advanced and bugs with the previous old AI is removed. Needless to say, I hope that this is the best MUGEN Wario out there. The POTS Hit sparks and Hit sounds are present by default, but you can change that via the configuration file.
It isn't my proudest work, but according to some, it is one of my greatest achievements.

LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kpozdu4vo5t4zin/Wario.zip/file

That is about it. I hope you enjoy this character.

Who do you want to see next?

for
M.U.G.E.N 1.0/1.1

by
JtheSaltyy

enjoy!

Re: Wario (CvS2 Reimagining)
#2  July 06, 2020, 08:39:47 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Screenshots, please.
#3  July 06, 2020, 06:47:08 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US

there's a youtube video at the top of the post.

let me embed that for you! there's a youtube tag here

[youtube ] LINK[ /youtube] (remove the spaces)

you end up with this

My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#4  July 07, 2020, 05:13:02 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Thank you so much for this character, he without a doubt is the best Wario Mugen has, and a wonderful use for Warner's bright and expressive custom sprites. The closest thing I can think of to complaints is that his Mario Kart 64 voices stick out badly compared to his high quality Brawl/Smash 4/Ultimate voices and grunts. I would wanna suggest his Wario World voice or Wario Land Shake It voice, at least for intros/winposes. Not sure how I feel about the Living With Wario hyper, but it does make me chuckle so I can't complain.

If I have to suggest one character specfically in this awesome style, I would like to suggest Bizzare Fighters/BF Mario.
#5  July 07, 2020, 10:26:37 am
    • USA
I haven't tried this character personally myself, but fighting against you earlier tonight on Ikemen, I can tell this was a good creation. Great stuff. We literally had an Mugen creator vs Mugen creator battle lol
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#6  July 07, 2020, 11:16:29 am
    • USA
That was indeed a very fun set of matches, Extravagant. I hope to do more of them in the future :)
#7  July 07, 2020, 11:22:27 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I really need to try this Wario out, although I did spot an error in Watcher's video (probably fixed?).

I haven't tried this character personally myself, but fighting against you earlier tonight on Ikemen, I can tell this was a good creation. Great stuff. We literally had an Mugen creator vs Mugen creator battle lol

That sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I could do this kind of thing with you guys.
#8  July 07, 2020, 11:26:15 am
    • USA
I really need to try this Wario out, although I did spot an error in Watcher's video (probably fixed?).

That sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I could do this kind of thing with you guys.

Come join in on the fun some time! It would awesome. Who knows, you might pick up more creative ideas as you use your own stuff against other human players.

on a side note, since this Wario has the CvS2 KO super screen, why not get a finest KO screen too?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#9  July 08, 2020, 12:19:59 am
    • USA
Okay, I should test more.... But, I've noticed in a very short amount of time playing that, this Wario has some... issues....

-c.MK into c.LP is a 1f infinite combo in the corner. The timing is strict.... But, either way, I feel it should be removed.

-His shoulder tackle and flying punch are both completely invincible.... This was a problem Warner's had too. (And one that I removed from my edit of Warner's.) I feel that the shoulder bash should have super armor, but, should be a slower option that's VERY unsafe on block. Whereas the punch should simply be... well, a flying punch.

-His hitboxes seem a bit... all over the place. His standing punches have like, NO priority at all. The hurtbox, and hitbox seem to be completely aligned to one another. Meanwhile, his j.LP has what looks like infinite priority. And ESPECIALLY his c.HP.... That hitbox is ludicrous.

-c.MK is WAY too good, it's a sliding... er, kick (functionally) that's +5 on block. Speaking of safe moves.... ALL his crouching punch moves are insanely safe on block. c.LP is +10, c.MP is +6, and c.HP is +8. Oh and, that corner infinite I mentioned.... It's also basically a super safe block string too. +10 into +5 on repeat.... Not many characters can punish that without something like GCC.

-Ironically.... His light jumping attacks are his least safe jumping attacks. You're better off jumping in with medium or heavy ones. j.LP for example at the apex of his jump is -18 on block.

Anyway.... Sorry if this is harsh, I just kind of want to see a Wario that outdoes my edit. But... I think this one needs refinement first. (And mine has a problem with also being too safe.)
#10  July 08, 2020, 07:43:54 am
    • USA
WARIO UPDATE

thanks to some feedback from Nep Heart and _Data_Drain_ I was able to make a few changes on Wario.

-Crouching MK and Crouching HK are now both unsafe on block
-Crouching attacks are made less safe
-Infinites removed
-Invincibility on the Hyper Punch and Shoulder Tackle will now only be present in the EX variations
-Air Attacks are made safe on block, however you need to fast fall in order to get more plus frames on the attack
-Hitboxes have been updated on various moves

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kpozdu4vo5t4zin/Wario.zip/file
#11  July 18, 2020, 08:42:55 am
    • USA
#12  July 19, 2020, 02:23:03 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Decided to finally try out this Wario even after the most recent update, so, here's a bit of feedback. Mostly concerning damage scaling (haven't checked the equation for it yet).

- Air attacks and juggles seem to overscale damage for some reason. Not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's heavily detrimental to Wario's combo game nonetheless.
- This can lead to combo finishers being nerfed extremely hard, especially when it comes to Wario Waft (sometimes, its damage goes as low as single digits). A more lenient minimum damage scale would really help in this case (as in the percentage in which scaling cannot go below).
- Seems to happen only in 1.0, but certain FX lack transparency. If they're helpers, you may want to apply the trans sctrl in those cases since stuff like anglescale can ignore animation transparency.

Not bad for a first release, he's actually pretty fun to mess around with.
#13  July 19, 2020, 02:25:30 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
He's had several releases before this on sites like MA. There were pretty buggy though...
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#14  July 21, 2020, 12:20:10 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
that Wario from that you tube video look awful  lot like Warne's Wario creation. My question is will this be in addon / edit section or am I wrong ?
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#15  July 21, 2020, 12:40:21 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
He's had several releases before this on sites like MA. There were pretty buggy though...

I don't really hang around at MA, especially after Dizzy IP banned me for simply stepping foot into MFFA back in mid-2018.

that Wario from that you tube video look awful  lot like Warne's Wario creation. My question is will this be in addon / edit section or am I wrong ?

Quite sure it's no longer an edit if the coding is done from the ground up. Otherwise, almost every character would need to be considered an edit because most of their sprites come from another source, custom or official.
#16  July 21, 2020, 02:05:19 am
    • USA
This release takes me back to the Judgespear days, in a good way. I'd like to note that in his intro, the color-separation on his forearms moves oddly.
#17  July 23, 2020, 11:08:09 pm
    • USA
#18  August 15, 2020, 06:40:58 am
    • USA
----------------
UPDATES
----------------

I have received a post on this topic over at MFFA from The 14th Doctor, claiming that they have made an edit of Wario. Doctor listed out a bunch of new changes, and after reading them all and testing, I must say, a very solid edit, and a massive improvement on the character as a whole. Doctor requested that I possibly add these changes in to a future update of Wario. Well, Doctor, if you're reading this, then yes, I am including some of your changes. When I mean some, I mean that. Some changes were put in, and some were left out. Here are the changes that have been added in, directly quoted from Doctor's post:

-Reduced the animation speed of the EX Hyper Punch contact animation, as well as added hitboxes to the end of it

-Changed the intro laugh to his Mario Kart 64 one, as well as reduce the animation time

-Trimmed the audio of the Greatest Achievement hyper, which greatly reduced file size of the .snd file (it's around 8 MB as oppose to around 26 MB)

-Changed one of his hurt sounds

-Changed the light fart animation to include a bit of lip syncing

-Fixed some errors that Fighter Factory detected, like the character using the non-existing statetime trigger

-Fixed the flooring of the hallway for the greatest achievement hyper from not being tall enough for certain stages

-Fixed his taunt sprites from having miscolored pixels

-Fixed the Triple Fire Shot hyper from giving back power

-Added burned, inflated and baby sprites, all from Warner's Wario

These changes will be present in this update of Wario, but if you refer to his post, I did leave some out. This was intentional, and I'll explain why.

For the select screen portrait, I wanted to make this Wario stand out from Warner's, and by having a more updated version of his select screen portrait, I can achieve that, and just having it be Warner's portrait defeats the purpose I am trying to go for. In terms of the Gameboy palette, while giving it flat colors is a nice touch, I wanted to fit the theme of the palettes I already had. It's just an odd one of the bunch, and it's best if I have the colors hue shift and have contrast instead. The Mario Kart 64 victory theme playing during Wario's wins is cool, but again, I don't really see it to be that necessary. His win poses, in my opinion, were absolutely 100% fine as they were, and I didn't want to make it too based on Warner's version of Wario. Also, I am aware that 1.0 does not require .act files for the palettes, but I have them there because I want people to have access to those palettes right at their disposal. It'd save the trouble of having to manually extract them for people who want the act files for those palettes. In addition, I wanted to change the 1st Palette to the one I still have at the moment. This also has to do with the fact that I'm not trying to make this too based on Warner's Wario. However, there is actually some Warner Wario palettes in there, if you sift through his palettes. You need the palette selector enabled to access them. Finally, the dust under the projectiles was a distinct visual design choice that I particularly liked, so I wanted to keep it, just because I like it being there.

That's about it. The changes that weren't included were just minor stuff. However, I would like to thank you 14th Doctor for making that edit. I really appreciate the help  : )

On top of those updates, I included a couple of personal updates of mine. They are as follows:

-Added Roll Cancelling that was present in my more recent projects

-Fixed the Custom Combo spark to emulate CvS2 more

-Fixed some aspects of the combo system, added a couple of refinements

-Fixed some bugs with Wall Bounce sparks

-Fixed some bugs with transparency and the Finest KO screen

That's about it. This update is overall a very good one. Again, thank you so much 14th Doctor for making that edit. I kept the "edits made by the 14th Doctor" in the def file for the credit.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kpozdu4vo5t4zin/Wario.zip/file

Have a good day all, and stay epic  : )