YesNoOk

Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.2 (Read 19511 times)

Started by Diek Stiekem, November 07, 2021, 09:11:37 pm
Share this topic:
Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.2
#1  November 07, 2021, 09:11:37 pm
    • Netherlands
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 12:06:27 pm by Diek Stiekem
Re: Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 0.9 Beta release
#2  November 07, 2021, 09:41:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wow, that was "fast"!
Thanks! Time to test!

Glad to see this collab for a character!
#3  November 07, 2021, 10:57:20 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Nice, glad to see you both working together on this
#4  November 12, 2021, 06:24:42 pm
    • Netherlands
Redownload please, Devil Jin has been updated :)

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.0>
- Level 3 properly plays out when in progress upon K.O.
- Added and sorted win quotes
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.0
#5  December 25, 2021, 02:07:26 pm
    • Netherlands
Devil Jin's been updated, redownload from 1st post please :)

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.01>
- Added new intro
- Added win pose
- Added win pose vs Kazuya Mishima and Akuma
- Changed standing Parry animation
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.01
#6  December 25, 2021, 04:11:01 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for the update!
I'm trying it.
#7  December 30, 2021, 02:44:19 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I can see some potential wth Devil Jin, especially with Rowen helping you out but I have to be honest, he still needs a good bit of work. I'm sure you're restricted to the limited amount of sprites you have at your disposal, so I understand that. I'll offer as much of the feedback as I noticed on my initial test, though I'm still messing around with him a bit:

- The animations in general are disjointed, but I realize he is a bit of a spriteswap for the most part.
- Even though I have the P.o.t.S Style hitsounds selected in the config file, the hitsounds for a lot of his special moves resort back to the Infinite Style hitsounds.
- This is probably intentional to make him feel less like Kazuya, but he's missing his Flash Punch and Demon Slayer combos.
- All of his normal specials are relatively the same across their respective variants. For examples, the only difference between each non-EX version of Devil Laser are start-up times, Rising Sun is exactly the same across the board and Swaying Willow, despite having clear visual differences, is also the same across all versions.
- Amara lacks any electricity sound to represent the lightning curling around him. It could also use Devil Jin making a grunt sound of some kind.
   - There should also probably be more of a difference between the Level 1 and MAX variants of Amara outside of damage, because if you're angled just right, Level 1 Amara can do more damage than MAX Amara sometimes given than it's just a 5 point damage increase on each hit.
- Stinger is honestly just off in general. Why does a knee strike cause a hard knockdown, rather than some kind of stagger or crumple state?
- This may have been intentional considering the latter has no MAX variant, but you can cancel Level 1 Devil Beam into Anti-Air Devil Beam.
- Anti-Air Devil Beam will change it's angle on the frame it hits the opponent to match the standard Devil Beam.
- Lightning Uppercut as a super is fine, but MAX Lightning Uppercut just doing an additional hit is kind of lame.

This next section is exclusively for Rage of Hell, there's a bit I noticed that needs it's own level of attention:

- If it connects on an opponent that's been knocked back by an attack such as his target combo or Electric Wind Hook Fist, only the first hit will connect naturally, though Devil Jin will keep doing the move. This is mainly due to the fact that the initial hit doesn't bind or reset the opponent to a standing position upon a clean connection.
- The main part of the move is misaligned because I think Devil Jin mainly focuses on where the opponent was standing when it hit, even though the target is still moving back upon each hit.
   - Each flying kick also feels weightless because Devil Jin just keeps going while he's hitting the opponent, with no clean sign or feeling that he actually hit them. I think that would be fine if they were faster, but it currently makes them feel as if they have no impact.
- All the kicks use the projectile sound rather than the proper kick sound.
- The uppercut launches the opponent too high into the air and they end up off-screen as they're hit by the laser portion.
   - The hitspark on the laser is also misaligned as a result.

Like I said before, I do genuinely see a good deal of potential to be fantastic in Devil Jin, but there is work to be done on him to get there. I don't wanna seem like I'm a jerk, just piling on a bunch of negative points, so I'm dropping some palettes that I made for him as well.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l6fy1dhjma9kn0d/Devil_Jin_Palettes.rar/file

I'm excited and interested to see where Devil Jin can go from here.
#8  December 30, 2021, 07:20:26 pm
    • Netherlands
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#9  January 15, 2022, 05:24:49 pm
    • Netherlands
Update for Devil Jin consisting of fixes and polishments (more will be adressedin future updates)
Please redownload from first post.

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.1>
- Corrected hitsounds on the kicks during Rage of Hell
- Spinning Flare kick is now an overhead
- Stinger now causes a crumple state
- MAX Amara does slightly more damage and has a different angle trajectory
- Added voice and electricity effects to (MAX) Amara
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.1
#10  January 17, 2022, 01:52:14 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Devil Jin is great. JUST GREAT!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#11  January 17, 2022, 03:38:57 pm
    • Netherlands
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#12  September 17, 2022, 12:06:06 pm
    • Netherlands
Devil Jin has been updated!
Redownload please :)

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.2>
- Rage of Hell has been completely redone, now consists of a custom and lands on airborne opponents
- Additional palettes are avaliable in the Palettes folder courtesy of Project13!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#13  September 17, 2022, 01:16:18 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

- Rage of Hell has been completely redone, now consists of a custom and lands on airborne opponents
- Additional palettes are avaliable in the Palettes folder courtesy of Project13!

Great!!
As a coincidence I redownloaded all your characters yesterday evening, because I felt like I might have missed some updates ^^

I wish I can help you more with custom sprite, but I lack of time to get into it lately.
Thanks for sharing your progress!
Re: Devil Jin (POTS Style) Version 1.2
#14  September 18, 2022, 05:55:45 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Great update. Let's see what comes next! Especially I am hyped in Seth Update. Again, great job!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#15  September 18, 2022, 02:17:37 pm
    • Netherlands

Great!!
As a coincidence I redownloaded all your characters yesterday evening, because I felt like I might have missed some updates ^^

I wish I can help you more with custom sprite, but I lack of time to get into it lately.

Thanks Ned!

Don't worry about, free time can be limited, I totally understand that.

I love your recent Cammy and Chun artwork btw! :)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#16  September 18, 2022, 03:14:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Great!!

Thanks Ned!

Don't worry about, free time can be limited, I totally understand that.

I love your recent Cammy and Chun artwork btw! :)

Thanks a lot!
I'll do my best as well! :)
#17  September 19, 2022, 04:51:01 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Lvl3 super's last hit doesn't connect, plus looks very weird ... his body looks like he would be blasting upward, the beam goes towards the direction the player ... and there's not hit connect ...

also his QCB + P diagonal beam ... the sprite appears the go across the hitboxes go diagonal upward ... not sure whats going on there ..
#18  September 19, 2022, 11:08:52 am
    • Netherlands
Lvl3 super's last hit doesn't connect, plus looks very weird ... his body looks like he would be blasting upward, the beam goes towards the direction the player ... and there's not hit connect ...

also his QCB + P diagonal beam ... the sprite appears the go across the hitboxes go diagonal upward ... not sure whats going on there ..

The level 3 super beam does go upward.
What version of Mugen are you using?
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#19  September 19, 2022, 01:57:45 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
#20  September 19, 2022, 02:17:54 pm
    • Netherlands