YesNoOk

Random animations for practice. (Read 577330 times)

Started by Rabano, October 29, 2022, 12:22:34 am
Re: Random animations for practice.
#41  November 04, 2022, 09:28:34 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Here's his LK, I hear what you said and Im taking Terry's LK as a example on what I should try to do:

and yeah Im still working on Abel because I dont know who else I can do, at this point I'll do his whole spritesheet

You progressed again !!
The result is great!!
#42  November 04, 2022, 07:22:49 pm
    • Argentina
Im continuing with Abel later, meanwhile I did Feng's ""HP""

It looks really rough, I'll fix it later.
#43  November 04, 2022, 07:49:04 pm
wow man. great work on your Abel sprites and animations.  I like the improvements you have made to his sprites, noticeable in some of the transitions. I really liked his original take on Abel before he scrapped it and sprited it from scratch.  You seem to work very well and quite fast.  most impressive. as a fellow would be spriter id like to talk with you about methods some time.  maybe share some tools i use that you can benefit from.  ive sent you a pm thanks!
#44  November 04, 2022, 08:15:52 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
It's a practice animation, so it porbably doesn't matter, but ingame that HP would have like 10 pixels of range. Unless it used posadd or something.

I agree that the stretchy sprite at the keyframe makes a big difference.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#45  November 04, 2022, 10:43:53 pm
    • Argentina
087-B asked me to do G, and I only did one standing sprite, so I wanted to see if I can animate him, here's the lineart of his MP:

wow man. great work on your Abel sprites and animations.  I like the improvements you have made to his sprites, noticeable in some of the transitions. I really liked his original take on Abel before he scrapped it and sprited it from scratch.  You seem to work very well and quite fast.  most impressive. as a fellow would be spriter id like to talk with you about methods some time.  maybe share some tools i use that you can benefit from.  ive sent you a pm thanks!

I'll love if you can share some tips, tools or methods, all help is welcomed.
#46  November 04, 2022, 11:59:11 pm
unfortunately im more of a sprite editor rather than a spriter.  i cant really sprite from nothing like most other spriters.  but ive managed some interesting work. this G is going to look wild
#47  November 05, 2022, 05:11:59 pm
    • Argentina
G's Medium Punch done:

#48  November 05, 2022, 06:40:57 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
This looks very nice. All of your latest animations have been pretty impressive.
#49  November 05, 2022, 07:14:14 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
G's Medium Punch done:

Duuuuuuuude, that's insane! Holy shit I'd so code an entire G with sprites like these. Didn't even expect you to do this.

You work hella fast, hella clean, and you keep improving. You're, like, too good to be true lmao
#50  November 05, 2022, 07:21:33 pm
    • Argentina
G's Medium Punch done:

Duuuuuuuude, that's insane! Holy shit I'd so code an entire G with sprites like these. Didn't even expect you to do this.

You work hella fast, hella clean, and you keep improving. You're, like, too good to be true lmao

Thanks, and yeah Im also impressed on how fast I am, today I realize that I created this thread a week ago xd.

Honestly I'll love to sketch a whole spritesheet, but its going to be hard, but who knows, maybe one day I got fixated on this and I start working on one of them.
#51  November 05, 2022, 08:34:02 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Thanks, and yeah Im also impressed on how fast I am, today I realize that I created this thread a week ago xd.

Honestly I'll love to sketch a whole spritesheet, but its going to be hard, but who knows, maybe one day I got fixated on this and I start working on one of them.

It's only been a week? Jfc.

I won't push you to do it since I understand spriting is very difficult and time consuming, BUT, if you ever do end up doing it, I'll totally pick it up to be your coder.

Either way keep it up, this just makes me very excited to see what else you cook up (which I've said before and will probably continue to say).
#52  November 05, 2022, 08:50:33 pm
    • Argentina

It's only been a week? Jfc.

I won't push you to do it since I understand spriting is very difficult and time consuming, BUT, if you ever do end up doing it, I'll totally pick it up to be your coder.

Either way keep it up, this just makes me very excited to see what else you cook up (which I've said before and will probably continue to say).

Thanks, right now Im not sure what else I can do, maybe finish the Abel and Feng animations, right now I just did a quick pic of King.

#53  November 05, 2022, 09:56:23 pm
    • Mexico
Hi , Rabano. Let me tell your sprites looks pretty clean and well animated. Nice Job. I like what you did with LEE from SF. Congratulations!!!

Take care.

LESSARD
#54  November 06, 2022, 01:44:34 am
    • Argentina
I drew Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2, by far its the only one I did without tracing, you can tell xd

also, this have nothing to do with this thread, but I don't know where to ask this, there's a thread about giving future moves to characters in their older versions? for example I saw they remade Ryu's Focus Attack from SF4 in his CVS sprite.

I saw that thread once and I never saw it again, someone know where it is?
#55  November 06, 2022, 03:06:20 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
"Spritesheet Expansion Thread" is the name (basically)
#56  November 06, 2022, 12:02:04 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I drew Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2, by far its the only one I did without tracing, you can tell xd

also, this have nothing to do with this thread, but I don't know where to ask this, there's a thread about giving future moves to characters in their older versions? for example I saw they remade Ryu's Focus Attack from SF4 in his CVS sprite.

I saw that thread once and I never saw it again, someone know where it is?

This point out some stuff I observed before.
Because of your lack of bases for anatomy drawing (particularly body definition, the way muscles are drawn, work of proportions...)
-> The best work you can do is always based on traced pixel art based on actual 3D models.

This is not a negative criticism, but to me the result is obvious.

-No tacing -> "average" result
-Tracing -> Almost perfect sprite

Only my observation.

I would be glad if you can go ahead and complete the missing animations for Abel, so you become the official spriter of this possible character!
#57  November 06, 2022, 02:33:32 pm
    • Argentina
This point out some stuff I observed before.
Because of your lack of bases for anatomy drawing (particularly body definition, the way muscles are drawn, work of proportions...)

Yeah... need more practice on that, and he is just a guy standing still, I can't imagine one doing a martial stance or something.

I would be glad if you can go ahead and complete the missing animations for Abel, so you become the official spriter of this possible character!

I wish, he's one of my favorite characters so I'll love to be the one to make a character of him:

speaking of which, Abel's Low Kick:

And the lineart of his Medium Kick:

Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 04:26:01 pm by Rabano
#58  November 06, 2022, 06:28:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Beautiful !
I like this progression!

Again, can you confirm me, you bade your ripping on youtube videos, or directly screen caps from the actual game?
(I know it doesn't changes much... but ^^)

Also, How do you manage not to take too many frames of animations to convert?
(If I remember well SFIV have very visible key frames, particularly in SF3 based characters, Dudley, Ibuki... but sure it certainly helps choosing wich frames to keep or not)

And last question, when you go for the colors, do you color first the outlines, then the flats, then shading ?
I know many spriters have different techniques.
When IU sprite from scratch, I usually work with flats + black outlines, then add shadding, then color the outlines.
I just curious how is your own way to do it.
#59  November 06, 2022, 06:48:29 pm
    • Argentina

Beautiful !
I like this progression!

Again, can you confirm me, you bade your ripping on youtube videos, or directly screen caps from the actual game?
(I know it doesn't changes much... but ^^)

Also, How do you manage not to take too many frames of animations to convert?
(If I remember well SFIV have very visible key frames, particularly in SF3 based characters, Dudley, Ibuki... but sure it certainly helps choosing wich frames to keep or not)

And last question, when you go for the colors, do you color first the outlines, then the flats, then shading ?
I know many spriters have different techniques.
When IU sprite from scratch, I usually work with flats + black outlines, then add shadding, then color the outlines.
I just curious how is your own way to do it.

So I took them from videos, my PC isn't the best and it can only run SF4 in the low settings, and even then I can capture videos from my screen (that's the reason I didn't add videos to my chars), I mostly use "X Character move list" videos, and then I put them at 0.25x speed and start pausing and taking screenshots.

I also choose the frames with strong keyposes, just that simple, sometimes its hard because as I said, I took them from videos, and I had to pause it at the right milisecond to capture one of those keyposes.

and yes, I start with the darkest tone as the outlines and the lightest as the flat color, and then I add the shading later
#60  November 06, 2022, 06:56:38 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hi! About Abel, any chance to see a Full char, like SF one's Lee?