YesNoOk

SSR Goku Black Z2i: Final release 06/07/2019 (Read 20883 times)

Started by Yoshin222, July 07, 2019, 12:02:49 am
Share this topic:
SSR Goku Black Z2i: Final release 06/07/2019
#1  July 07, 2019, 12:02:49 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'm done. Been meaning to upload this for a while now, though to be honest, been in a bit of a rut. Feelin much better now, and finally got around to finishing this. Cheers to everyone for the atttention, but more importantly i hope you enjoy the character. Release includes a finished, Official styled HDBZ Movelist, Changelogs and a chart of all his Frame Data
Here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z67lgk4wnv459z/SSRGoku_BlackZ2i.zip/file

Background theme: CPS2 Originals: M-Bison (New Arrangement) by WhizzyWhipitWonderful
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Credits/Disclaimer

EDIT: You need not ask permission to edit. Go absolutely apeshit. All i ask is credit for coding the thing, as well as mention of everyone in the Credits. Tis only right after all. I'd appreciate a link to whatever you do :p (well, aside from pallete edits. Ya know, SSGSSR Goku Black Ultra Instinct Chum Bucket Mega Bucket type stuff ya know? Plain old pallete are always nice though)
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:08:47 pm by Yoshin222
Re: SSR Goku Black Z2i: Final release 06/07/2019
#2  July 07, 2019, 12:14:53 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
links broken :l
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#3  July 07, 2019, 12:17:19 am
    • UK
Whoops, sorry. My bad
#4  July 07, 2019, 03:30:33 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
https://streamable.com/z4ay1

Man, I'm loving this update here, loving how far along he's come. Gonna give him some Super Saiyan palettes to differentiate him when the official one comes out, but I'm definitely keeping this guy around. Great work, Yoshin!
#5  July 09, 2019, 01:44:15 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Having some fun with him. Great job Yoshin, hope that you can still on Bardock. :)

I don't know if you're good at this but an AI for Black will be great.
#6  July 09, 2019, 11:59:33 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Got a lot more playtime in with him and I'm still absolutely loving him. A few bugs to mention though, as well as some admittedly nitpicky things.

- A couple things about Divine Rush: The light effects on the first Kamehameha for his hands and forearms are misaligned. The final Kamehameha also lacks some impact since it just kind of stops and it's not animated like the first one so it looks bland, with respect. I also feel like the animation of Goku Black following the opponent should be tweaked a bit, it honestly looks like he's kind of just unnaturally stuck to the opponent. He should probably move backwards by floating back or another teleport before firing it instead of forward and right on the opponent.
- Shippu Jinrai has a bug where if the knee before the spinning kicks hits the opponent and they've been KOed by or before the knee, Goku Black will rocket up into the air.
- The animation for Air Kamehameha seems to be a bit early: Black sticks his hands out to fire the blast about a frame two before he actually does, whereas with both regular and Super Saiyan Gokus, it's simultaneous.
- The rest of the Z2 cast can combo a crouching light from a standing light, however Black can't. Might have been done on purpose, but it never hurts to bring it up.
- Asking mostly out of curiosity, why not use some of the voice clips from FighterZ? They've been on Sounds-Resource for a while and could replace some of the base form Goku Black voices.
- I understand why it does and it's impactful, but I think the winpose of Black with his back turned to the camera ends a bit too soon.

That's as much as I've found and thought of so far. Will come back with more while I play now if I run into anything else. He's still a very fun character all-around, and the comboability he has is just downright insane.

Updated bug finds:
- I'm not sure how to better phrase this since I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but sometimes the hitsparks just won't show up when Black hits the opponent.
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:22:59 am by Project.13
#7  July 10, 2019, 02:45:58 pm
    • UK
I appreciate the feedback, but I'm afraid I'll have to dissapoint you
I have no intention of updating him again. Sick of looking at him tbh
EDIT: Apologies for seemingly rude response. Was on phone and it was being a dick. Real response
The KMH and Hand Blast stuff were honest mistakes
Divine Rush stuff is fair. Honestly just made it up, but the knee has a purpose, just so its always consistent regardless of opponent
Hitsparks are weird, maybe having to do with them saring IDs. Will keep in mind
Shippu is intentional, though i understand it could seem weird. Would probably fix if i ever updated
He actually can combo lights. CR.LK in to Light Punches
Laziness, just used XV2 since a SND was already made with one
Fair enough, i personally think its fine though.. kinda conflicted on that one
As for AI, sorry to disappoint but there won't be any. I can't stand looking at Black anymore as it is. lest we forget, i didn't make him out of love for Black as a character  :p
While i may not fix these bugs, i HUGELY appreciate all the feedback i really do. This is valuable criticism i can learn from for the future. Thank you very much
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:05:18 pm by Yoshin222
#8  July 10, 2019, 03:00:24 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I appreciate the feedback, but I'm afraid I'll have to dissapoint you
I have no intention of updating him again. Sick of looking at him tbh

well maybe you can have someone edit your character for you
#9  July 10, 2019, 03:05:58 pm
    • UK
Oh by all means. Matter of fact, check first post
#10  December 02, 2019, 10:09:24 am
    • UK
Completely random but
The bugs have been annoying me for too long, just finished fixing em. Want to mess around with an idea or two before posting the updated version
#11  November 10, 2020, 06:32:07 am
    • UK
Sincerely, to Project 13
SIKE
Finally got around to updating this thing

This took SUBSTANTIALLY longer than i wanted, but i kept adding and deciding to not add stuff then would leave stuff unfinished then procrastinate and blegh
Credits in full. This is it for him, i'm done. Unless it is like an Infinite or game breaking, this is it for my Black. Hope ya'll find him fun, maybe even enough to keep him once the real Black is released

For those who'd like it, the changelogs
I like to keep tabs lol. Anyway, have fun!
#12  November 10, 2020, 01:23:27 pm
very well done!
#13  November 11, 2020, 05:17:39 am
  • Passing Through
Dunno if intentional but it seems to prioritize dash shortcut inputs over command inputs.
#14  November 11, 2020, 05:18:50 am
    • UK
That sounds normal
#15  November 21, 2021, 01:02:32 am
    • UK
Ok for REAL this time

Fetl compelled to fix some stuff, and that spiralled in to a full 5.0 revision. Mind to download the patch in the description!!!

Changelogs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGELOG Genocide Patch - 5.0 Revision - 06/12/2020 - 01/09/2021
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This main purpose of this patch is to update Black to 5.0 standards. Alongside this, thought i would take
the oppurtunity to add and fix some things while i was at it, including new options, bug fixes, enders, among
other things. Hope ya enjoy, and please report any bugs you find!
WARNING: THIS BICH BIG

CHANGELOG Bugfix 1    - 5.01 Revision - 01/09/2021 - 20/11/2021
- Superior Mode activations buffer is now in line with the rest of the cast
- Ported code from my WIP Broly to fix errors with Pallete selection, mainly invalid pallete mapping and
overlapping with the opponent
- Light Tatsu on the ground had an OTG infinite, seems i forgot to re-apply juggle addition after testing, my b
- Contributions have bumped Blacks palletes from 91 to 98
- Black displayed template colours on select screen. Another WIP aspect i forgot to remedy, he now shows default