YesNoOk

The Roster Thread (New characters added 8/29/13!) (Read 256992 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 26, 2011, 10:53:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Roster Thread (Updated w/ Graphics!)
#61  August 08, 2011, 02:34:39 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
A few roster notes that I need opinions on:

1. I'm thinking about scrapping Jill or Leon. Unless something big happens in the polls, it looks like I'll be making Wesker, and that makes 4 RE characters. Yes, I know I have a lot of SF characters, but I don't think I need 4 RE characters. I could scrap Jill because her sprites won't fit in as well as others, or I could scrap Leon because work has stalled on him at the CFAS board and it looks like if I want to use him I'll probably have to finish his sprites myself. Some possible replacements for Jill/Leon would be Poison or Maki (yes I know Maki is in one the polls, but if I scrap Jill I want to replace her with another female).

2. I'm also heavily considering touching up some of Dampir's K' sprites and replacing Iori with him. I like Iori, but I think it would be cool to see a different KoF character get some spotlight. Plus, I'm a big fan of K' and if I'd known those sprites were available, I would have included him in the first place.

3. I do want to cut out either Akuma or M. Bison to cut back on Street Fighter characters. I know Akuma is very popular, but I dig Bison and it would cut back on shotos by one.

Download Last Bout now!
#62  August 08, 2011, 02:40:39 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
1. Please do. I was thinking the same. RE is cool and all but 1-2 characters representin' is enough.

2. Iori's overdone. I would definitely encourage your idea of going with K'

3. Akuma's overdone. Unless we'Re talking cyber-akuma, which would be balls out awesome. Otherwise, I'm all for Dictator. I heart Bison.
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#63  August 08, 2011, 07:54:45 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
1. I wouldn't at all be offended if you scrapped both Jill and Leon. But, instead of Jill, you could use Regina from Dino Crisis. But that's more sprites to work on, so that's your call. Just bouncing ideas.

2. With the exception of NGBC, K' has been ignored in crossover titles, while Iori (along with Kyo) has appeared in EVERY SNK crossover. Go with K'.

3. As much as I love Akuma, having Bison instead allows for more character variety. For that matter, you could scrap Ken, too and replace him with Sean. You still have 2 shotos, but Ryu is more different from Sean than he is from Ken, thus creating even more character variety. For Ken and Akuma, you could always use "Complete Change" Ryu. 1.0's remappal makes it entirely possible.
#64  August 08, 2011, 08:17:49 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, like I said before, Ken is done, and a personal favorite of both me and my "executive producer," so he's not going anywhere. I know I only have 2 replies, but it seems Akuma will definitely be out, Iori out and K' in, and one of the RE heroes scrapped. I need to keep one of them, since I don't want all of the RE reps to be villains (Wesker, and Mr. X).

I'll wait until I finish Mr. X and Sub-Zero, and see how the polls go before I decide which RE hero to scrap. I had some fun plans for Jill (I was going to remove her zombie helpers, add a Barry Burton striker and super move, and make some other modifications), so we'll just have to see.

Download Last Bout now!
#65  August 08, 2011, 09:04:57 pm
I don't want to go offtopic but, instead of that, you should add a extra Marvel or Megaman Character. I think that some important Characters should have their villians included such as Goku and Megaman.  If this is a dreammatch only game with no story or plot, than keep your main route really. I am just saying this as My opinion. Everything so far is Awesome to Me. :)
#66  August 08, 2011, 09:07:43 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
The Barry super: I GOT A SHOT GUN! (Demonstrates his possession of said shotgun by blowing the enemy away)
The Barry striker: You, the master of unlocking, might need it. (Proceeds to stab enemy repeatedly with lockpick)

How close was I?
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

MDD

#67  August 08, 2011, 09:32:43 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
add a Barry Burton striker
REMOVE LEON. WE DON'T NEED HIM.

I was always more of a Chris person anyways. So yeah, keep Jill.

As for the others, K' would be a fresh face in comparison with Iori, so that would be fine.

And as much as I love both of them, I'd scrap Gouki. Bison has a much different playstyle and is really the more iconic SF badguy.
#68  August 08, 2011, 09:41:07 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Fuck Bison.  Akuma has been in every single Capcom crossover in some form to the point that having him is pretty much a necessity.
#69  August 09, 2011, 12:01:21 am
Fuck Akuma. Bison is original, he's fucking badass and he isn't a pussy like Akuma. Bitch ass Akuma ain't got shit on Bison.

MDD

#70  August 09, 2011, 12:05:01 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Fuck Bison.  Akuma has been in every single Capcom crossover in some form to the point that having him is pretty much a necessity.
1. This isn't actually made by Capcom though. It's not really necessary to put him in a fan game just because Capcom puts him in everything.

Fuck Akuma. Bison is original, he's fucking badass and he isn't a pussy like Akuma. Bitch ass Akuma ain't got shit on Bison.
Aw hell naw. Now you're just insulting Gouki.
#71  August 09, 2011, 12:19:14 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The Barry super: I GOT A SHOT GUN! (Demonstrates his possession of said shotgun by blowing the enemy away)
The Barry striker: You, the master of unlocking, might need it. (Proceeds to stab enemy repeatedly with lockpick)

How close was I?

The striker was going to be him using his big ass magnum, and the super move was going to be him using the flamethrower, and there would have been a win pose where he comes out and tells Jill she was almost a Jill Sandwich. The shotgun one isn't a bad idea, but he needs to blow somebody away with that fucking hand cannon.

Aside from one dissenter, it seems keeping Bison and cutting Akuma would be a wise choice.

Download Last Bout now!
#72  August 09, 2011, 12:36:19 am
1. i think it'd look weird if you had two antagonists from the resident evil games and no protagonists and if you had to do one i'd say leon

2. no preference, i like iori and k the same

3. don't do akuma
#73  August 09, 2011, 01:30:40 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
I agree about cutting Akuma. He's overused in MUGEN and in regular games anyways.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#74  August 09, 2011, 09:57:15 am
  • Executive Producer of SHADES 2: Electric Boogaloo
Definitely drop Akuma. Never was a big fan.
#75  August 09, 2011, 11:28:23 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I'd go for Bison over Akuma. More variety is good, especially when you already have 2 shotos.

If you give Ryu an evil version Akuma will be pretty much obsolete. Then you'll still have his basic playstyle while technically using only one spot. Though I'm not sure if people will like that...
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#76  August 09, 2011, 11:53:27 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Alright, so no more Leon or Akuma. The following are on the short list as replacements:

Poison
Maki
Dudley
Arthur
Jin Soatome

Thoughts? Leaning towards Poison and Dudley, but I'm open to discussion.

Download Last Bout now!
#77  August 09, 2011, 12:04:22 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
We need a good, sexy Poison ;) Dudley is also one of my fav's, though Jin Saotome's awesome too ;)

MDD

#78  August 09, 2011, 12:06:25 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
I'd definitely use Jin if I were you. Dude's really popular and he has an interesting playstyle. Plus, after how you described Jill, seeing him Sean style would rock.

Also, i'm pretty sure it's been said before, but Dudley really wouldn't be ideal with this style of button gameplay. You would basically have to get rid of all of his Target Combos.

As for Poison, I don't like....it, but it's play style in SFxT looks okay and it's popular, so it wouldn't harm.
#79  August 09, 2011, 12:21:25 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, characters like Dudley who have important mediums have been getting them in the form of F+LP/LK, etc. I was told Ryu's crouching MK is important, so I gave it to him, you just have to press DF+LK to get it. Jin would be a good addition though, and would count towards more series representation.

Download Last Bout now!
#80  August 09, 2011, 12:26:20 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
Most definitely Poison/Jin.

Poison for mugen has been long overdue (a good poison) while Jin hasn't been exploited enough (and he's a cool character with a solid style of play).

Dudley's ok but he's too vanilla IMHO. His personality is meh, a boxer version of King. Balrog is cooler. And we already have two or three solid versions of Dudley floating around. I think Jin would be ore welcomed.
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.