YesNoOk

Tien Z2 [Project] (Read 264195 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 20, 2016, 09:36:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hyper DBZ - New chararcter announced: Tien
#61  November 24, 2016, 07:58:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He'll have it but not in the same way. Mostly cinematics.
#62  November 24, 2016, 11:48:03 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
I may have something interesting to suggest for Tien...
1.Chaotzu could help Tien in combos,zoning and such like Kuromaru (dog) does for Ken (boy) in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.
He helps Ken in combo power with a few yet important moves.Plus a Super (without Ken's assistance).

A little example of what i mean here:

Video is courtesy of Swillo (youtube username)

2.There could be a use for clones  as a possible finisher maybe,like this (at 9:10 approximately):

video by Max Payne :)

3.Lastly,if Chaotzu's sacrifice is used as a finisher and the opponent dies (along with Chaotzu)
maybe as a winpose Tien could turn his back at the screen  filled with sadness,gripping his fist (which is shaking)
and say "Goodbye my friend!!"  before the screen blacks out and the winquote shows up.

These are what i suggest for Tien at the moment but i don't  know much about the character as you do,but i might be able to help
for gameplay :)
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:59:29 am by AgentofDestiny
#63  November 24, 2016, 11:52:17 pm
    • USA
wish chaotzu could be a actual character instead of a "tool"

is it because hes small or just doesn't have much moves to work with

lui

#64  November 24, 2016, 11:55:36 pm
    • USA
or maybe developing for hdbz takes time, resources and commitment that simply would be better on using for the bigger stuff like tien and instead of wasting those precious resources on chaotzu alone, so that balthazar can implement both tien and chaotzu in interesting ways instead of idk, abandoning him altogether? thought of that?

cmon man :/
#65  November 25, 2016, 12:07:28 am
The multi-form is supposed to have a weakness on the long run in terms of durability, so it makes more sense to use it for some sort of one-time surprise overwhelming rush, rather than something that stays on screen and can do its own thing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#66  November 25, 2016, 12:09:46 am
    • USA
yea im starting to think of that now. its takes time and commitment.

but you cant say that chaoztu wouldnt be a easy, fast character to make.
(specially since Balthazar is talented in spriting)
#67  November 25, 2016, 12:12:45 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just noting that unless their like a joke character or bonus type character no HDBZ chars are "fast" or "easy" to make. Our creative department won't allow it!
#68  November 25, 2016, 12:14:38 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
yea im starting to think of that now. its takes time and commitment.

but you cant say that chaoztu wouldnt be a easy, fast character to make.
(specially since Balthazar is talented in spriting)

You really should stop. You're just making it worse. This is to talk about the character we have and ideas on how to make them better. Not to complain about shoulda, woulda, coulda. You could make him yourself if you're that broken up about it.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#69  November 25, 2016, 12:17:45 am
  • Fate's Persona
I think it's the first one maybe but then again.....BabidiZ2
Maybe he isn't as important or he prefers to be with Tien as in the show
Also,i think he has moves to make for supers at least,i don't know :\

EDIT:The obvious things as time,creative ideas and resources are out of question,im speaking hypothetically
I hope i do help with my ideas just a tiny bit,my knowledge of the character is limited.
Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:23:51 am by AgentofDestiny
#70  November 25, 2016, 12:22:22 am
Just noting that unless their like a joke character or bonus type character no HDBZ chars are "fast" or "easy" to make. Our creative department won't allow it!
Technically, Chiaotzu is a mage type character, so he'd be like the Saibaimen and Babidi, he wouldn't actually have a lot of different animations. He doesn't use complex punches and spinning kicks, I think the most he had in the old tournaments was... a rocket headbutt ? He had something like that, didn't he ? Then pointing his finger up and forward or putting his open hands in front. And then the suicide. Hell, those are all stuff he's likely to have as Tien's helper, add gethit animations and make a couple variations on the effects and that's pretty much all he could be as a full character. I don't even see what he could get for normals, so he'd clearly be on the same avenue as Babidi : just play with telekinesis variations throwing or blasting rocks and such, with the same animation and different rock effects.

Except that wouldn't make a particularly good character to use. He'd fill a spot, but it'll be difficult to justify the time spent doing that, unless someone just wants to code those telekinesis variations.

Also,i think he has moves to make for supers at least,i don't know :\
Those moves are already very likely to be exactly what he'll get as Tien's helper. The problem is everything else : he has nothing else.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:25:58 am by Byakko
#71  November 25, 2016, 01:10:27 am
Might have already been suggested, but maybe whatever Chiaotzu sprites are made for Tien could be reused a Babidi-style "mini-character"? Chiatzu never really had a lot of attacks anyway, even as far as Dragonball supporting characters go. Basically spamming Dodonpa and telekinesis. And he either levitates or "slides" around, so he doesn't even need to add a walking animation...

Not super interested in a separate Chiaotzu character to be honest, but maybe someone has good ideas lying around. Babidi Z2 was surprisingly fun.
#72  November 25, 2016, 01:56:00 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
From what I learned in the forum, Chiaotzu being a singular character and his own share of process in doing, sprites and others are not related to Tien's character that's on making and that has a defined objective and factor that is Chiaotzu.
So, unless you guys want to switch the thread's name for "Shoud Chiaotzu be or not a Z2 character?" I think that the General Discussion thread for HDBZ works fine for you.

Now, about Tien, Multi-Form Technique and others, mentioned previously:
 1. Ken and Kuromaru as an example and this idea is really good, I personally like it a lot and it definitely could be used. Another suggestion is something based on MvC, there's a special called "Chiaotzu" and depending on which attack you use on it ( All punches and kicks ) he does something different. One is a anti-air, the other one is a projectile, you guys get the idea, right?
 2. Multi-Form Technique divides the users power in these clones. This could even be applied to Piccolo, but it only seems fair like the damage one makes is also sliced and it could even go into balancing purposes, but that's not what I want to say. The finisher is a great idea using the combo Tien did against Goku, but also this ( 15:30 )

3. The win pose with Tien broken due to Chiaotzu's sacrifice would be awesome, but it needs to be similar to his thoughts before using the Suicidal Tri Beam against Nappa. I could picture Tien falling to the ground, crying, and then getting back up, cleaning his tears and a Chiaotzu sprite kinda transparent appearing behind him. I don't remember exactly what he says, but it's something like "Chiaotzu! He's gone, he's already been wished back once before.. Now not even the Dragon Balls can bring him back". Basically, do it emotionally but a bit different as in Tien understands and is respectful to his friend as well and not just being completely shattered and angered by the situation.

Hope I was helpful. If you guys have any need for knowledge about DBZ in general, you know who to count on!
#73  November 25, 2016, 02:03:46 am
  • Not for sale
Chiaotzu is a  pretty minor character, and while he certainly has potential for a fleshed out fighting game character, using him to help diversify and support Tien seems like an excellent idea to me. Him being a constantly on screen assist for Tien gives him a very significant presence in a game that he would otherwise likely never be more than a potential cameo in a stage. Plus, it makes perfect sense in terms of the characters' relationships with each other.
#74  November 25, 2016, 02:19:25 am
Back on Tien, maybe his split form could be a single-function summon, like Johnny Cage or Shadow from OMF2097. Obviously, only if this adds some interesting function to his moveset though.
#75  November 25, 2016, 07:02:20 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Done? Not yet!
I did new changes to the Chiaotzu edit I previously did.
I figured that relaxed is NOT the way to be when in a fight, so I made him more serious.
Thoughts?

lui

#76  November 25, 2016, 07:14:26 am
    • USA
nah, i say make him look neutral.

in most shots he doesn't really have an expression other than him smiling at times and getting hurt.
#77  November 25, 2016, 07:18:44 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Try to make him more "neutral", Lightscarecrow? His eyebrows. I think it can be a good idea. :)

ah ah beaten here! xD
#78  November 25, 2016, 07:32:54 am
It's been awhile, but I always remembered him looking more worried than anything.
#79  November 25, 2016, 10:28:48 am
  • Fate's Persona
Now, about Tien, Multi-Form Technique and others, mentioned previously:
 1. Ken and Kuromaru as an example and this idea is really good, I personally like it a lot and it definitely could be used. Another suggestion is something based on MvC, there's a special called "Chiaotzu" and depending on which attack you use on it ( All punches and kicks ) he does something different. One is a anti-air, the other one is a projectile, you guys get the idea, right?
 2. Multi-Form Technique divides the users power in these clones. This could even be applied to Piccolo, but it only seems fair like the damage one makes is also sliced and it could even go into balancing purposes, but that's not what I want to say. The finisher is a great idea using the combo Tien did against Goku, but also this ( 15:30 )
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BG_T87eNSM[/youtube]
 3. The win pose with Tien broken due to Chiaotzu's sacrifice would be awesome, but it needs to be similar to his thoughts before using the Suicidal Tri Beam against Nappa. I could picture Tien falling to the ground, crying, and then getting back up, cleaning his tears and a Chiaotzu sprite kinda transparent appearing behind him. I don't remember exactly what he says, but it's something like "Chiaotzu! He's gone, he's already been wished back once before.. Now not even the Dragon Balls can bring him back". Basically, do it emotionally but a bit different as in Tien understands and is respectful to his friend as well and not just being completely shattered and angered by the situation.

This is like a feedback to my post,i'm glad a hardcore or a knowledgable Tien fan approves it. :D
Even if Chaotzu is a minor character still their bond is very strong which inspired me for my 1st and 3rd suggestion.
Also,Ken and Kuromaru were used as an example of a possible game mechanic of some sort,
well,there is a button ingame to call Kuromaru in and out of stage or do an "intro" attack and
some specials are done in special move inputs   like  in "Down Downforward Forward" motion  (obviously :p )
And about Ken & Kuromaru idea i have the game so i can tell you more (of what i know) about it.
Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:44:09 am by AgentofDestiny
#80  November 25, 2016, 11:45:09 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Thanks to Daeron, this awesome concept for an intro. I'll surely finish this! Thanks, duder!