YesNoOk

Wait a minute, Interplay is still alive!? (Read 4116 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, March 16, 2022, 08:11:56 pm
Share this topic:
Wait a minute, Interplay is still alive!?
#1  March 16, 2022, 08:11:56 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Why didn't someone tell me? Oh, I've been making an idiot out of myself!

But yeah, I thought the company was dead after the 2016 report of Interplay in bankrrupt selling all its actives, but somehow they're back, mostly with gameplay videos of its games as well promoting Earthworm Jim, this time with his new TV series (and probably the new game for Intellivison Amico too), as well the new Baldur's Gate by Black Isle Studios.

I'm very surprised, espcially since weeks ago I thought it was totally dead, but here it is. Here're the official Twitter which is very updated, but cannot say the same for its Instagram (empty until now) and Facebook (with the last update in May 2021)

As a ClayFighter creator for MUGEN, I just say I'm more than happy that Interplay is back to the business, even when they don't do much today, but at least it's not defunct, it's something for me :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Wait a minute, Interplay is still alive!?
#2  March 16, 2022, 08:20:02 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Let's not forget they have also developed Mario's Game Gallery, and various Mario Teaches Typing titles with the license from Nintendo.

I've also enjoyed their Descent games back in the day. But now technology has evolved since, it became harder for me to play those games. They were a great company for its time.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: Wait a minute, Interplay is still alive!?
#3  March 16, 2022, 08:30:24 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Groovy! I mean, been awhile Interplay is returning from the grave just what the guy from Altered Beast said so.