YesNoOk

Youtube's System is so broken... (Read 2001 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, September 24, 2016, 08:53:46 am
Share this topic:
Youtube's System is so broken...
#1  September 24, 2016, 08:53:46 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan

Welp, just another example at how broken Youtube's System is.
Re: Youtube's System is so broken...
#2  September 24, 2016, 09:11:27 am
i agree, angry joe being able to make a living from youtube is a shining example of how broken it is
#3  September 24, 2016, 09:15:33 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
#4  September 24, 2016, 09:45:48 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Wait Angry Joe got brought up! Now I get to post this!

#5  September 24, 2016, 09:52:25 am
  • hecc
So something thats already broken is getting broken even more?
What a fucking surprise.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6  September 24, 2016, 03:47:19 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Since I do not have Youtube as my source of income, this really does not affect me that much. However, I agree that Youtube needs serious fixing in some parts...

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#7  September 24, 2016, 08:09:19 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Am I really the only one who finds making money off of ranting about video games on Youtube as just kinda stupid on it's own? I mean, you're not even really doing much but talking about a product. At least Comedy and Informational channels are providing something tangible as good or faux as they may be.
#8  September 24, 2016, 08:14:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the stupid thing, so to speak, is that there is a lot of people who watch said ranting videos.
#9  September 24, 2016, 08:35:07 pm
    • USA
Am I really the only one who finds making money off of ranting about video games on Youtube as just kinda stupid on it's own? I mean, you're not even really doing much but talking about a product. At least Comedy and Informational channels are providing something tangible as good or faux as they may be.

You know the alternative is to only make videos about videogames people like. Imagine a world where the only videos about No Man's Sky are praising it.

Hey, if it makes money... At least it's better than being in a cubicle 24/7 unless you enjoy that.
#10  September 24, 2016, 10:05:19 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Well, a lot of comedians rant about things and people enjoy watching said rants.  Doesn't make it stupid, just means people have different tastes.  And, to add to the guy above me: if it makes money, the creator enjoys doing it and folks are enjoying the content, it's certainly better than some boring desk or retail job.
#11  September 24, 2016, 10:45:20 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#12  September 24, 2016, 10:48:11 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Youtube is not a stable career for the majority of people using it.  Some people go on to have professional studios that make internet content with a steady source of revenue but for a lot of the gaming channels their content either survives on a niche audience or has a finite lifespan.  If you're going to do Youtube for money you need to have a backup plan. 

lui

#13  September 24, 2016, 10:51:33 pm
    • USA
phillip defranco is a great example of how he successfully built his career from youtube and his channel, he spawned his own business apart from it that is doing well financially so there isnt any worry if his videos arent monetized, since he gets is revenue from other, more successful sources
#14  September 24, 2016, 10:54:51 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Wasn't he like the very first moron to overreact to youtube's monetization policy change and claim he was being censored?

lui

#15  September 24, 2016, 11:04:03 pm
    • USA
yeah, he was.

but he still doesn't even need to worry about money since he has other buisnesses that offer revenue.

he can still be a pretty stupid guy at points though, but you have to admit, he did become pretty well-built because of youtube.