YesNoOk

Random animations for practice. (Read 413176 times)

Started by Rabano, October 29, 2022, 12:22:34 am
Re: Random animations for practice.
#101  November 18, 2022, 05:36:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Thanks you for the help, that post will help me with his Idle animation, wich funny enough its the hardest thing to me to make.

also, I used one of his attacks animations from FF3 to make that punch animation, the only thing I used as a base was his legs, wich are Guile's.

and I'll see if I can give him a more rough face, at the moment Im not so good at making faces, but I'll look for something as a base, maybe Adon?

and the only thing I picked from his CRI redisegn was the lack of sleeves, just because it makes more contrast from the arms to the torso

Thanks for your reply. I think I recognize a bit Guile now, perhaps legs of his hook (MP or something)

about the face, Adon is OK , or perhaps CVS2 Yamazaki to have something simplier.
IMO, you don't have to redaw all the head, just adding few details to make him less "young" or less "cute".

Yes, to me it's the same.
Animating attacks is not that hard, but idle stances and walks can be a pain in the ass.
And other subtle movements, like breathing etc.
#102  November 18, 2022, 05:58:23 pm
  • Why,

Thanks you for the help, that post will help me with his Idle animation, wich funny enough its the hardest thing to me to make.

also, I used one of his attacks animations from FF3 to make that punch animation, the only thing I used as a base was his legs, wich are Guile's.

and I'll see if I can give him a more rough face, at the moment Im not so good at making faces, but I'll look for something as a base, maybe Adon?

and the only thing I picked from his CRI redisegn was the lack of sleeves, just because it makes more contrast from the arms to the torso

Thanks for your reply. I think I recognize a bit Guile now, perhaps legs of his hook (MP or something)

about the face, Adon is OK , or perhaps CVS2 Yamazaki to have something simplier.
IMO, you don't have to redaw all the head, just adding few details to make him less "young" or less "cute".

Animating attacks is not that hard, but idle stances and walks can be a pain in the ass.
Yeah, something it looks move too much or put it unatural when look at in program video... some times when person/think just stand, it jumping too much  so back check at picture or and are them really so wrong placed at what video tell...
(lucky there at these video look thinks, otherwise me get test at think at every changed pixel )
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#103  November 18, 2022, 06:02:56 pm
    • Argentina

Dear God breathing, I tried that with Zeku and I didn't manage to do it. also I use bases for the legs because its the only part I can't manage to make right.
#104  November 30, 2022, 04:54:07 pm
    • Argentina
Its me again

I didn't do too much this time because of some stuff I need to focus on.

the most interesting thing I did is that I started animating a sprite of El Gado I found on a stage I downloaded:

I dont know who made it, I searched to found a cps2 style El Gado from Devianart or somewhere else but I didn't found it, so I'll like to credit whoever created this sprite.

before animating him I changed some stuff of his design to make it more simplier and easy for a differenct palletes to work:

and, finally, I created his Forward and Backward walk animation:

as you can see, Im still sucking at animating the upperbody, I'll see what I can do to it.
#105  December 01, 2022, 08:30:56 am
That's PrimeOp's.

https://www.deviantart.com/primeop

He doesn't update his dA, but he has his own site which he constantly updates. I'll link you to the Final Fight page:

http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customsprites.php?g=finalfight

Don't sweat about animating the upper body. Oldschool games indeed do that same trick, and isn't that noticeable ingame.

But I must say is kinda trippy seeing his arm behind his back (I believe you were going for that). Not only because one of El Gado's features is that he tends to show off his knife a lot, not conceal it, but my mind keeps trying to correct his arm not behind his back but to his side. I suggest making his hand more noticeable and to his side.

#106  December 01, 2022, 03:15:48 pm
    • Argentina
That's PrimeOp's.

https://www.deviantart.com/primeop

He doesn't update his dA, but he has his own site which he constantly updates. I'll link you to the Final Fight page:

http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customsprites.php?g=finalfight

Don't sweat about animating the upper body. Oldschool games indeed do that same trick, and isn't that noticeable ingame.

But I must say is kinda trippy seeing his arm behind his back (I believe you were going for that). Not only because one of El Gado's features is that he tends to show off his knife a lot, not conceal it, but my mind keeps trying to correct his arm not behind his back but to his side. I suggest making his hand more noticeable and to his side.

Its kinda hard to notice, yeah, but still, just to add more "flavoir" to his animation.

And the knife in the back its actually his animation in Final Fight Revenge, walking towards the enemy hiding his knife from him, but I'll see if I can change it and make it more notorious
#107  December 01, 2022, 05:03:03 pm
    • Argentina
I also did some more, those are still wips:

Stand to Crouch to Stand:

Straight jump, Forward jump and Backward jump:

and Running animation:

#108  December 01, 2022, 07:22:10 pm
  • Why,
"Naruto" running.
#109  December 01, 2022, 07:44:57 pm
    • Argentina
#110  December 01, 2022, 10:55:04 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
It's so fun to actually see someone doing sprites for El Gado. Makes me hopeful about the Final Fight franchise future in mugen.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#111  December 02, 2022, 12:11:00 am
    • Argentina
It's so fun to actually see someone doing sprites for El Gado. Makes me hopeful about the Final Fight franchise future in mugen.

Yeah, In Im taking this more seriously than I expected, I guess that El Gado and Damnd are the only FF 1 enemies that deserves a full character, El Gado doens't even have a playable char using his original sprites for what I've seen.

But if it doesn't exist, you have to make it.

And speaking of making, I animated a simple Idle pose:

and I also did some palettes for fun:

#112  December 02, 2022, 05:29:47 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I'm very impressed with your El Gado design. And that detail. Great job, Rabano.
#113  December 02, 2022, 03:26:28 pm
  • Why,

Yeah, In Im taking this more seriously than I expected, I guess that El Gado and Damnd are the only FF 1 enemies that deserves a full character, El Gado doens't even have a playable char using his original sprites for what I've seen.

But if it doesn't exist, you have to make it.

And speaking of making, I animated a simple Idle pose:

and I also did some palettes for fun:

Some says them uses (also me) pictures just paint. Ans some edit these in game... (PALETE)
#114  December 03, 2022, 12:10:24 am
    • Argentina
I think I should start posting this in "Sprite Project" so This is going to be the last one.

El Gado's LP, MP and Close MP

and...

"Buenas Noches"

#115  December 03, 2022, 11:53:20 pm
    • Argentina
#116  December 08, 2022, 05:04:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
@Rabano
I come back with the extra sprite for FF3 Stray.
This is just to show the process. Even if you progressed well since we talked about it.
(not polished)

Note that the part to move give better result if they are not "straight lines" an not at the exact same places on both legs.
also, avoid to make them too close to the hand for a punch, same for a foot for kick...

on my edited frame I moved the upper torso and head down to give more dynamsm...

Also, I have a question what is exactly the difference of binar pen compared to normal pixel tool?
#117  December 08, 2022, 05:19:42 pm
    • Argentina
@Rabano
I come back with the extra sprite for FF3 Stray.
This is just to show the process. Even if you progressed well since we talked about it.
(not polished)

Note that the part to move give better result if they are not "straight lines" an not at the exact same places on both legs.
also, avoid to make them too close to the hand for a punch, same for a foot for kick...

on my edited frame I moved the upper torso and head down to give more dynamsm...

Also, I have a question what is exactly the difference of binar pen compared to normal pixel tool?

Wow it looks good. I want to Go back to him, but I'll probably change his desing a little bit.

Also, about the Binary pen, I really can't tell because I never used a "pixel tool", I guess the Binary pen IS the pixel tool, after all it just paint pixels.
#118  December 08, 2022, 11:36:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I had a try. Yes, seems like both are the same.

For your modern sprites, like El Gado, do you still draw colores outlines over the black outlines in another layer?
Seems like your new method is different. Like mine. (I usually color the outlines directly. Not sure it's the best way)
#119  December 09, 2022, 12:04:41 am
    • Argentina

For your modern sprites, like El Gado, do you still draw colores outlines over the black outlines in another layer?
Seems like your new method is different. Like mine. (I usually color the outlines directly. Not sure it's the best way)

The last animations I used those "Sketch" lines, but now that Im directly making a spritesheet I just do the colored lines and fix some little errors in the shading
#120  December 10, 2022, 09:47:15 am
  • A.K.A. NED

The last animations I used those "Sketch" lines, but now that Im directly making a spritesheet I just do the colored lines and fix some little errors in the shading

Nice! I'm pretty sure it can save some time since the outlines can be drawn with details when you get used to it. :)