YesNoOk

Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back, cuz why not? (Read 55617 times)

Started by NDSilva, February 23, 2022, 09:00:50 pm
Share this topic:
Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back, cuz why not?
#1  February 23, 2022, 09:00:50 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
So, I made a petition on Change.org. For real.

The intention here is just to say to Capcom that, they don't really need to keep this episode forever locked in a shame vault... and that there are indeed people who would actually appreciate, and support a game with such concept today...!

It doesn't need to be a full game or have online or anything, just a port of what they've shown during the beta-testing phase in 2003 - at least the portion that is currently in their rights, that is.

So, would you guys legit join me on this crazy idea? This can be a fun experiment, c'mon. :P

Evidence that a build of the game possibly still exists, somewhere:

A video montage, summing up most of the history and references to this game:

Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 02:46:31 pm by NDSilva
Re: Petition to bring back Capcom Fighting All-Stars
#2  February 23, 2022, 09:13:29 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
do you really think this sort of online petition thing could work?
#3  February 23, 2022, 09:28:45 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Petitions never work...... Maybe on rare occasions, they "could". However, 99.9% of the time, they just..... Don't work.

A lot of Capcom games went absent during development. Another one being Mega Man Mania (GBA). It is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it. They'll just be a lost memory.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#4  February 23, 2022, 09:40:14 pm
I'll sign it, though that probably will never work. I already did with petition to Sega to bring Dural back as a playable character in Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. I'm still fighting on that and the game will still have DLC somewhere this year, but still no Dural.
#5  February 23, 2022, 09:51:47 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I'll sign it, though that probably will never work. I already did with petition to Sega to bring Dural back as a playable character in Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. I'm still fighting on that and the game will still have DLC somewhere this year, but still no Dural.

Well, Dural is a boss character, so that might make making them playable difficult, especially since the game's more of an online/eSports focused game.

Petitions never work...... Maybe on rare occasions, they "could". However, 99.9% of the time, they just..... Don't work.

A lot of Capcom games went absent during development. Another one being Mega Man Mania (GBA). It is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it. They'll just be a lost memory.

Also, Capcom did kind of realize Mega Man Mania with the 3DS VC ports of Rockman World 1-5. I know that's not quite the same thing though, & I do hope they eventually go back to those games (and Xtreme 1 & 2) in a future collection.

And I signed it. Even it may not seem like it'll work at first glance, I think if we generate a good amount of interest for it, Capcom will be tempted to release it/shed more light on its development, or possibly even finish the game/make a spiritual successor to it. Just because it might not seem like it'll work doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try.
#6  February 23, 2022, 10:05:36 pm
Lol a petition? you have a better chance of reviving the mugen version than ever getting your petition under the radar of anyone at Capcom.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7  February 23, 2022, 10:24:02 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

I don't think Capcom is remotely interested in bringing back cancelled games seeing how they handled Mega Man Legends 3, which also had a petition if I'm not mistaken.
#8  February 23, 2022, 10:41:55 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

The intention here is just to say to Capcom that, they don't really need to keep this episode forever locked in a shame vault... and that there are indeed people who would actually appreciate, and support a game with such concept today...!

It doesn't need to be a full game or have online or anything, just a port of what they've shown during the beta-testing phase in 2003 - at least the portion that is currently in their rights, that is.

So, would you guys legit join me on this crazy idea? This can be a fun experiment, c'mon. :P

If you're not so familiar with the 'convoluted' history behind this game, either one of these videos might be interesting to watch:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Haven't seen a single petition, succesful or not, work, so you better stop while you can.
#9  February 24, 2022, 12:11:32 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well...SFV has most of the fighters from CFAS, except the newcomers, Haggar, Strider and Demitri. It would be easier to rip stuff from SFV for a mugen fangame than expecting Capcom to read this request :/
I swear there was something cool here!!
#10  February 24, 2022, 02:30:18 am
    • Brazil
Look, I'm gonna sign it, but I don't think it will go anywhere. Like, lets be real, even though they could easily drop Marvel so they don't have to suffer with Disney's bullshit, they chose, for all these years, to not bother. It would be great to see an all-Capcom crossover fighting game, but Capcom themselves are too stupid to realize that.
#11  February 24, 2022, 04:27:37 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@GTAguy: , @DauntlessMonk7: , @Macaulyn97:

Thank you so much, folks! :c00l: Stories about a petition impacting on the entertainment industry is as much rare as stories about a company being transparent with it's public about why something didn't work as intended. But at the end, if something doesn't hurt to try, that might as well be enough reason to go for it!

do you really think this sort of online petition thing could work?

I think a lot of things. I'm just trying to see how far this kind of communication is able to reach. If enough people around the FGC happen to see it, and have a similar opinion about scenarios like this speciffic unreleased game, it stops being a silly request and becomes, at the very least, a topic worth of discussion.

If the most far it can get is a message from one of the devs at Capcom just telling that they aknowledged the attention given, I would be satisfied as well.

Look, I'm gonna sign it, but I don't think it will go anywhere. Like, lets be real, even though they could easily drop Marvel so they don't have to suffer with Disney's bullshit, they chose, for all these years, to not bother. It would be great to see an all-Capcom crossover fighting game, but Capcom themselves are too stupid to realize that.

Which is why trying to politely communicate with them might be one way to clear up the common perception about both sides. Preventing future weird situations like, Capcom publicly stating that the reason MM Legends 3 (and later on, Darkstalkers) getting cancelled was simply due to it "not having enough support from the fans"...(!?)
#12  February 24, 2022, 12:23:40 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
maybe some petitions have worked, but change.org?
No, change.org petitions NEVER work! change.org petitions are nothing more than just a wet fart.
So just give up. Don't even try. CFAS is officially dead permanently.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#13  February 24, 2022, 01:00:45 pm
    • Brazil
Which is why trying to politely communicate with them might be one way to clear up the common perception about both sides. Preventing future weird situations like, Capcom publicly stating that the reason MM Legends 3 (and later on, Darkstalkers) getting cancelled was simply due to it "not having enough support from the fans"...(!?)
I mean, the Darkstalkers thing was bullshit made up by Capcom. When they made their glorified HD emulator of Darkstalkers, it actually sold very well, specially for what it was, but they would only consider it a success if it sold like a completely new game, which is ridiculous.
#14  February 24, 2022, 01:24:06 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Does not matter if it works or not. If it would get signs at least it will be visible, and that's a step in any direction.  Not signing is a choice of not wanting it to be visible.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#15  February 24, 2022, 01:27:19 pm
Can't be visible if they don't even look at it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#16  February 24, 2022, 01:37:52 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
It was negatively received during beta testing... why would you want it back?
I'm pretty sure most of their assets are forever lost when the project was cancelled back in 2003 (which is 19 years ago).
Re: Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back. Seriously.
#17  February 24, 2022, 05:57:41 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
It was negatively received during beta testing... why would you want it back?

• for historical/curiosity sake;
• to bring some more appreciation to all the work that did get somewhat finished during the project;
• for the fact that there hasn't been anything that comes close it ever since. There allegedly have been 'fragments' of the concept across subsequent titles, as appointed by Byakko in another thread (Batsu in TvC, Ingrid in CFJ/SFA3, Haggar and Hiryu in MvC3/MvC:I, Nash/Alex/Poison/Akira in SF5) but... along with that being debatable, it doesn't cover up the rest of original content from this entry (the other three fighters, the weird mechanics, story, etc.);

• because it doesn't look that bad based on the few footage clips avaiable...? Really the only precise word we have is "a beta-test happened around 2003, and it gone wrong!", taken by the few sources that documented it at the time.

I'm pretty sure most of their assets are forever lost when the project was cancelled back in 2003 (which is 19 years ago).

Probably. The only way to end speculations about that is if we got a response from Capcom, though.
Re: Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back. Seriously.
#18  February 24, 2022, 07:53:43 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
That's assuming they even have any working build of the game to begin with.
Re: Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back, cuz why not?
#19  February 25, 2022, 06:04:15 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
@GTAguy: , @DauntlessMonk7: , @Macaulyn97:
Thank you so much, folks! :c00l: Stories about a petition impacting on the entertainment industry is as much rare as stories about a company being transparent with it's public about why something didn't work as intended. But at the end, if something doesn't hurt to try, that might as well be enough reason to go for it!
You're very welcome. ^w^

Also, on the topic of Legends 3, I think that was namely because Infafune wanted fans to be involved with the development of the game, hence the ill-fated "Dev Room" idea, & not really that many fans pitched in. At least that's what I remember from Matt Mcmuscles's video on the subject.

As for Darkstalkers, at least that's been kept going by the comic books & appearances in crossovers, as well as having all 5 of the arcade games in Capcom Fighting Collection. ...Though this does make me kind of wonder why they didn't just include Vampire for Matching Service/Darkstalkers the Chaos Tower as they did with Hyper SF2, but it's still a great thing for fans, and I think it shows that Capcom's aware of the following that their non-SF games still have.

I know I'm going to get it for Switch when I get the chance.
Re: Petition to bring Capcom Fighting All-Stars back, cuz why not?
#20  February 28, 2022, 06:54:45 pm
  • Wandering....
Petition don't really work.

You need to reach out on the japan executives, your best shot is twitter and makes sure that it would went viral and influencer would talked about it, that's the best thing you can do. Yet take a look at MVC2 and Darkstalker movement they never went anywhere.