YesNoOk

Ryu Build 1 (SF1) (Read 72305 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, August 27, 2015, 03:44:35 pm
Re: Ryu Build 1 (SF1)
#21  August 27, 2015, 09:48:38 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
You can send me all the missing sprites that need color separation and the ones that are already color separated but need that eye separation. Then all you would have to do is just the eyebrow separation (since you are separating that too, I didn't separate that since it wasn't necessary for my needs).

And the axis of his Standing MP was a bit off (I just noticed it and fixed it) and maybe some other sprites too, but I'm sure that you can fix that by yourself.

Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:52:10 pm by Víctorys
#22  August 27, 2015, 10:07:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well I was just tweaking the hair because I was already tweaking the eye really :P
The eyebrow CS isn't that big of a deal.
And I'll double check all the axis with my old sff to be sure they're correct as I update everything.

Thanks a lot!
I had commissioned Judas long ago to make some new animations for Ryu. I guess I'll have to take the hit and commission someone else to make them.

It was the Dragon Punch Ultra ender. I'd also asked for E.Ryu's focus but it looks like that's already in the sff here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZuBPnXh7U&feature=player_detailpage#t=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzYNXXQQUQ#t=816

Some conversation from Judas

Taking a break from the Joe stance to get this (mostly) done. The posing before the punch is obviously placeholder, but I'll have more time to work on this thursday/friday when my work weekend arrives. The Evil Ryu ultra ender should be easy enough to do using Akuma's Misogi and Kongou Kokuretsu Zan as guides for the aerial movement and arm placement respectively. Evil focus will be saved for last.

The regular focus will be touched up (and possibly given some more frames for the sake of fluidity) as I go.
#23  August 27, 2015, 10:35:17 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Well, Ryu's Misogi sprites that I used for my Evil Ryu are already there (they were edited by VioFitz) but I don't know if someone edited Akuma's Kongou Kokuretsu Zan sprites for Ryu. I believe Infinite's edit of PotS Ryu has that attack with some new edited sprites though I would have to check.

The Focus Attack sprites from that animation are a bit different than the ones that I included (which were edited by Felo)

So I may color separate Judas animation too and send the sprites to you. We can use the same startup frames that Felo made since they're missing here.

#24  August 27, 2015, 10:48:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The ender is very similar but uniquely different.

Mostly where the arm extends at the peak to make the ball of energy and then the fist slam onto the face itself.

Also I need to commission for this to get finished. It's been taunting us for way too long!

Here are some more stuff that you can CS if you like.

http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/MFG%20SF/ryu/Some%20stuff.rar
#25  August 27, 2015, 10:55:25 pm
We can use the same startup frames that Felo made since they're missing here.

They're missing on purpose, those were badly animated and Judas was going to make them from scratch.
That reminds me it has been a while since Judas posted here. Is that the last PM, JNP?
#26  August 27, 2015, 10:57:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's not but the rest isn't really on topic. Just what ifs and some other stuff. That's not even the full PM I just put the relevant parts.

I've tried to contact him here, on dA, and by email. No response. And I'd given him the $20 already too :(
#27  August 27, 2015, 11:02:06 pm
I see he fixed the last frames (where he punches) although not totally (the pants should be edited a little bit more especially in their end, or is it just a nitpick of mine?).
He seems to be more active in tumblr, so try contacting him there.
#28  August 27, 2015, 11:05:51 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Okay, I'll probably get into those next week.

By the way, may I ask for what attack is this animation going to be? A new basic? It caught my attention.

#29  August 27, 2015, 11:09:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't actually know if it'll be used or not. Probably will in one of the builds. But Felo made it and Balthazar tweaked it to perfection so it'll be in the sff. The sff will hopefully be a collection of CVS edits too. So if you find some not here throw them our way!
#30  August 28, 2015, 12:22:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Just a question: Since you're building SF1 Ryu, is his special attacks still going to be hard to pull off (assuming you're basing this off of Ryu in Street Fighter/Fighting Street), or just make them easy to pull off?

Also, I guess I could ask someone (*cough*Chamat*cough*) to finish this animation here:

I'm curious if this is gonna be used as one of his wake-up attacks though (which is cool, but I kinda prefer the sweep wake-up he uses in Sm4sh).

Speaking of Sm4sh, this gonna be used as a dash attack?
#31  August 28, 2015, 01:12:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'm doing that animation, but still not happy with the result. Also, I'm more centered in the full sheet comission(a SFer)than else.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#32  August 28, 2015, 06:18:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just a question: Since you're building SF1 Ryu, is his special attacks still going to be hard to pull off (assuming you're basing this off of Ryu in Street Fighter/Fighting Street), or just make them easy to pull off?
They won't be hard to pull off. This isn't a remake of SF1. It's more of a reimagining. Most data for Ryu will come from CVS2. This will basically just be the most bare bones version of the character. Most mechanics not from CvS2 will be SF2 WW inspired.

Also, I guess I could ask someone (*cough*Chamat*cough*) to finish this animation here:

I'm curious if this is gonna be used as one of his wake-up attacks though (which is cool, but I kinda prefer the sweep wake-up he uses in Sm4sh).

Speaking of Sm4sh, this gonna be used as a dash attack?

I've never played Smash on WiiU so I didn't even know he had new stuff. Kinda curious what all he had new in the game now.
The get up anim is taken directly from Sf2 the animated movie.

And the kick was going to just be a new jump kick to differentiate his jumping MK and HK visually.

I got called into work today so I may not get a lot done till Tuesday. That's the 1st day of my "weekend"
#33  August 29, 2015, 02:23:53 am
  • Hola
    • Chile

#34  August 31, 2015, 02:00:53 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Okay, I'll probably get into those next week.

By the way, may I ask for what attack is this animation going to be? A new basic? It caught my attention.

What JnP said, plus I'd like that to be like an opener. If not used for him, That would be a good thing for Ken too(it's just editing the head...and erasing the lace).
I swear there was something cool here!!
#35  August 31, 2015, 03:15:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In most cases I actually will prefer new kicks for Ken. But I was going to use this with Ryu somehow because you took the time to make it :P
#36  September 01, 2015, 07:20:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
All right guys. The new sff is ready. Take a look.

Let's discuss the future of the group # template.
May need more extra groups for Standing animations, taunts, intros, things like that.
This is for SFF and AIR purposes.
Thoughts?

Spoiler: Basic Movements (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Command Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Crouching Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jumping Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Specials, Mechanics (click to see content)

The template version of SF1 Ryu won't have as many extra groups to keep things simple for newer users.
There will be 2 "versions" of Ryu's files. The template version and the actual build for the game. Templates are the most bare bones needed to join into the project with.

Example. Here's what a SF1 template build would look like
Spoiler: Basic Movements (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Command Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Crouching Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jumping Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Specials, Mechanics (click to see content)

EDIT: Updated the sff because it turns out it actually WAS missing the frame from Ryu's stance. I added it.

@Víctorys: While making his air file I'm finding more missing frames. I'll update you and everyone here when I complete the sff
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:15:31 pm by Just No Point
#37  September 01, 2015, 10:26:57 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Yeah, I remember that some of his basics are missing frames (pretty much transition frames) such as his Sakotsu Wari command move and you'll probably find more.

By the way, the new frame from Ryu's stance got a wrong color shared with his hair (if you apply the CS palette you'll see it, just a few black pixels) so here's the fixed sprite
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ivvltjlh3khgyi4/RyuSprite.pcx

#38  September 01, 2015, 10:33:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh. I missed that you recolored those in your original CS colors. I left them black in mine. I'll need to tweak the others I've been adding in too. Thanks.
#39  September 01, 2015, 11:21:57 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Question, Would this Ryu use the Super Smash Bros voice? because I ripped the sounds but some don't have the echo of the Final Smashes. I could lend a hand by adding these in if you want to.
#40  September 01, 2015, 11:48:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He's already using SF4's voices. They were decided a while back that they sounded best and had the most words from various games.

Though you should still supply those voices. I bet there'd be a ton of people wanting to use them.