YesNoOk

Implementing a momentary pause when landing from a ground-pound attack (Read 1154 times)

Started by nekomaster1000, January 28, 2020, 02:04:40 am
Share this topic:
Implementing a momentary pause when landing from a ground-pound attack
#1  January 28, 2020, 02:04:40 am
    • UK
Hello ladies, gents and others, I've been trying to implement is so that my character's ground-pound attack isn't spammable, but everything I've been trying hasn't working. This includes changeanim/changestate sctrls in the attack's state itself, using AssertSpecial's NoWalk trigger, along with trying to alter State 52 (Jump Land.)

Specifically, I was given advice to alter the Ctrlset in State 52 to act like this since it is a hard-coded state (my ground-pound state is 650.)

[State 52, 3]
type = CtrlSet
Trigger1 = (prevstateno != 650 && time >= 3) || (prevstateno = 650 && time >= 30)
value = 1

This hasn't been working however, along with cond/ifelse and multiple trigger1/2 variants of this input. Quite frankly I'm lost. Any ideas?
(If you need a frame of reference, SF3's Hugo, when he lands, cannot move for a second upon landing. I want something like this for my character.)
Re: Implementing a momentary pause when landing from a ground-pound attack
#2  January 28, 2020, 06:02:27 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
You could make another land state and have the animation be longer than the usual landing animation. This is how most special attacks works.

For example, one of my chars has a jumping attack and if it misses, there's a big recovery animation that you need to wait before gaining control again. I made it creating another land state and using a big time on the animation. But the rest is the same. Here is the code if you want for reference:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3  January 29, 2020, 12:48:20 am
    • UK
For whatever reason, inserting this code and changing the appropriate numbers doesn't seem to crack it :/ Thank you for sharing though! I'm sure it'll come in handy for someone who can use it :>
I've tried numerous seemingly perfectly good states now, I feel like the best thing would be to just send the character to someone for diagnostics lol
Any takers~?
#4  January 29, 2020, 06:39:33 pm
    • UK
ALRIGHT, had someone look at it and it was just down to me being a massive dummy as usual :P I fixed it by setting the base attack's physics to N and removing the animelem trigger on the ChangeState :P It works perfectly, thanks for sharing the code!