Share this topic:
Re: Ryougi Shiki
#141  February 07, 2017, 07:51:58 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
You are basically saying if you can't do something right(right in your opinion) don't do it at all

No it's not, it's a matter of improve your skills, try to do your best in every single MUGEN work or edit you did and not to give up in the middle.
Because generally people want to see well-made MUGEN works, especially about CvS-ish characters. People are pissed to see so many bad or incomplete CvS-ish characters and there are a lot of examples around.
#142  February 07, 2017, 07:52:51 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
What's good and bad is an opinion. You are basically saying if you can't do something right(right in your opinion) don't do it at all

Yeah, I've been lurkreading this thread and no one has said that. Also, "good and bad" is most certainly not an opinion unless you're talking about in the sense of quality and not morality. You don't seem to understand the fact that what you did was take numerous people's code, which I can only assume that they themselves have organized and done on their own and instead claimed it as your own, which is bad.

Using things made by other people and giving them proper credit, even if it is open source, that is good.

Taking things made by other people, not crediting them and taking full credit for the fact that they exist, which is stealing, that is bad.

That isn't an opinion, that's a bleeding fact.

Read post by guy who wants 5$ dollar characters, its not credited because
It was private it wasn't ment to be released so no credit was added to the
Read me or nothing because nobody was ment to read it anyway
#143  February 07, 2017, 07:58:35 pm
Okay basically have to ignore everything else to point this out.

Of course you'll ignore everything else because all you know how to do is throw baseless accusations but refuse to give proof when you're called out on it.

Again, find where I said "people shouldn't make characters if they can't do it right."
#144  February 07, 2017, 07:59:07 pm
    • USA
You are basically saying if you can't do something right(right in your opinion) don't do it at all
not to give up in the middle.
Because generally people want to see well-made MUGEN worksaround.
This really has no base to be honest. If I don't want to do something why should I? That particular thing, I wanted to try to do something new got bored of it, shared it, because even though I said it was incomplete they still wanted it. Then you say "why share it in the first place" Right just become a private is what you suggest. You never read anything in that thread I said to you & you still don't. You also disregarded the fact that you just explicitly said there was no read me in Kensou & I didn't credit anyone etc. This adds to the whole, anyone coming in new to the conversation they see this and base what they'll say on this.
#145  February 07, 2017, 07:59:32 pm
    • USA
Okay basically have to ignore everything else to point this out.

Of course you'll ignore everything else because all you know how to do is throw baseless accusations but refuse to give proof when you're called out on it.

Again, find where I said "people shouldn't make characters if they can't do it right."

When and where was I talking to you? Did I quote you or something?
Personal? You are talking on what perception you have of me. Okay. Which is why I don't even acknowledge to say anything to you. You have your opinion, I have mine.

lui

#146  February 07, 2017, 08:02:25 pm
    • USA
Again, its a public forum. You cant shut people down from putting your input soooooo dont even try with the whole "was i talking to you?" shit because you have literally no power to stop anyone else from inputting
#147  February 07, 2017, 08:03:01 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
This really has no base to be honest. If I don't want to do something why should I? That particular thing, I wanted to try to do something new got bored of it, shared it, because even though I said it was incomplete they still wanted it. Then you say "why share it in the first place" Right just become a private is what you suggest. You never read anything in that thread I said to you & you still don't. You also disregarded the fact that you just explicitly said there was no read me in Kensou & I didn't credit anyone etc. This adds to the whole, anyone coming in new to the conversation they see this and base what they'll say on this.

But
Nah, I just downloaded his Jotaro that he released and his Vanessa and I didn't see any crediting in them at all...
#148  February 07, 2017, 08:05:04 pm
When and where was I talking to you? Did I quote you or something?

No, that's not how it works. It's obvious who you were referring to when you said that

Of course you can't answer the question because that would require thinking. Something you obviously don't do enough of.
#149  February 07, 2017, 08:07:48 pm
    • USA
Again, its a public forum. You cant shut people down from putting your input soooooo dont even try with the whole "was i talking to you?" shit because you have literally no power to stop anyone else from inputting
No one is stopping anyone from saying anything, if I'm not talking to you why do I have to explain anything to you. You just come in to a conversation to add what? Just like the guy who is steady insulting solving what exactly? Who would care about opinions like that? Once it gets too personal it no longer holds any weight. I don't have power to stop anyone from inputting than in the same light I don't have to acknowledge everyone who has something to say.

But
Nah, I just downloaded his Jotaro that he released and his Vanessa and I didn't see any crediting in them at all...
Jotaro a character I never finished that has no read-me, character I never finished, no read me
Vanessa whom has its on credit file in the data base, has its own credit in the database. To each is own. This was brought up only just now right. None seemed to care then, yet now this serves as evidence.

Also guy who just posted get it all out. Don't really care what you are saying as its the same ol' thing.
Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:11:12 pm by ReixSeiryu
#150  February 07, 2017, 08:14:18 pm
Cool, now learn to shut the fuck up when no one is talking about you. My post was directed at the new guy about Mugen's accessibility. No one asked you for your false paraphrasing. :)
#151  February 07, 2017, 08:20:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite

But
Jotaro a character I never finished that has no read-me, character I never finished, no read me
Vanessa whom has its on credit file in the data base, has its own credit in the database. To each is own. This was brought up only just now right. None seemed to care then, yet now this serves as evidence.

Also guy who just posted get it all out. Don't really care what you are saying as its the same ol' thing.
I'm just now getting a chance to download some of your stuff this morning. I was told by a few people that you were taking some other peoples stuff and totally taking them out of the creation process for a few months now though. I just think if you release something is released publicly you should give credit to the people who helped bring these things together. Even when I was releasing shitty edits, I gave credit...What Data base?
#152  February 07, 2017, 08:23:33 pm
    • USA
Okay. Also if you want to know ask me personally/privately I have my own credits in the "shitty compilation" I'm working on. The situation has since been resolved, only personal gripes now. Also for the one's I actually made read-mes for the credits are there. I only recently stopped making them when I was told I could just input everything in one file. Movelists through the engine itself etc.
Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:28:11 pm by ReixSeiryu
#153  February 07, 2017, 08:26:26 pm
Try reading that read me again, false information you are projecting.
What's good and bad is an opinion. You are basically saying if you can't do something right(right in your opinion) don't do it at all & this was even said in that other thread.

Irony

Can you find where I said that?

Here. It was right here.
"'m deeply sorry it's not what you wanna hear, but if you feel you can't make even decent characters in this time, you're not trying hard enough. I really don't know any other way to put it. All the resources in the world will only get you so far. At the end of the day, you have to put the effort to learn."  By switching your comment  to "you" it inferred you meant me. As in I was unwilling to try.   When i never said any such thing.  The reason i spoke of a structured code library. Or for a better wording. A code repository.  Is because i have looked into all those mediums of info.  Videos. Docs. Crawled this site and others. That and my own tinkering is how ive learned to do what i do.
#154  February 07, 2017, 08:28:13 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
What is your database??? I don't know, I have been gone from mugen for a while. You could just put credit in your releases. just downloading these characters, it seems as if you were the only one that had anything to do with these characters.
#155  February 07, 2017, 08:30:12 pm
    • USA
What is your database??? I don't know, I have been gone from mugen for a while. You could just put credit in your releases. just downloading these characters, it seems as if you were the only one that had anything to do with these characters.
Yeah I'll do a better job at that.
#156  February 07, 2017, 08:31:38 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Okay. Where is your Data Base?
#157  February 07, 2017, 08:35:00 pm
    • USA
I just asked you to ask me privately. It's in the game itself which you would have to download. Talking about this though will just add un-necessary fuel to the fire. Even then this isn't really important as I just told you besides those few I normally do do the credits in the readmes I also posted it on the previous page. Also Yun/Kensou which I publicly released have them as well. I told you I just recently started doing this other method. I don't normally release characters, no need for readmes Ikemen has its own features so you would then have to explore that if its really that serious.
Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:38:16 pm by ReixSeiryu

lui

#158  February 07, 2017, 08:37:56 pm
    • USA
Yeah I'll do a better job at that.

see? that's quite literally all you needed to do, just say "my bad, ill do better" and clarify things a bit more and this shitstorm wouldnt have happened. its funny how you only listened to infinite when he said to give credit when you said "why does it matter so much" to everyone else when they said give credit.
#159  February 07, 2017, 08:41:44 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
I just asked you to ask me privately. It's in the game itself which you would have to download. Talking about this though will just add un-necessary fuel to the fire. Even then this isn't really important as I just told you besides those few I normally do do the credits in the readmes I also posted it on the previous page. Also Yun/Kensou which I publicly released have them as well. I told you I just recently started doing this other method.
I only had time to download the Vanessa and Jotaro, and I didn't see any crediting in them... I wasn't going to test this out in all your releases, they were just the most recent characters that I could find of yours that were released publicly.
#160  February 07, 2017, 08:41:58 pm
... Also for the one's I actually made read-mes for the credits are there. I only. Movelists through the engine itself etc.

Yes! That was the lua feature i remembered seeing when i  was discussing with casvalrel about groove select in ikemen  before loading a match. I need to talk to swit about how this could work