YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1487127 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#1521  August 26, 2020, 07:24:58 pm
  • Indeed
Long story short, pick one of the launchers with P1 if you want P1 side, P2 for P2 side, VS if you want to disable the AI so 2 human players can play, and I think the ones without an addition just leave the AI like normal, apologies if I make a mistake but I haven't used the mugen version in a while

Aw crap, so those files are actually alternative launchers? I thought they were add-ons files or something. I play mugen on a mac through wineskin, I'm trying to make it launch those files somehow but I couldn't yet. Thanks anyway.

Edit: no success. I'll try to mess with the codes to see if it can be changed without resorting to the .bat files.

I must also say never ever edit a patched character,when you restore it all changes will be erased,learned it the hard way

That's exactly why I don't want to use that tool.
Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:58:18 pm by Ziltoid
#1522  August 26, 2020, 09:13:46 pm
  • Indeed
I apologize for the double post, but I found a solution: add004+mugenhook.

Mugenhook's tag mode, normally, allows the characters to be controlled at the same time, but they're also on screen at the same time. Combining it with add004, p2 goes off screen as usual, but stays controllable. So, I managed to have an actual tag team system.
#1523  August 27, 2020, 06:47:00 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I must also say never ever edit a patched character,when you restore it all changes will be erased,learned it the hard way

yeah do your edits before you patch them, otherwise they'll get removed if you patched them, did some changes and then restore them, I've noticed that with a lot of the old characters that have been uploaded prepatched, and then you can't update them and fix them, but if you restore them it just breaks them in some cases
#1524  August 27, 2020, 07:55:18 am
    • USA
So like I can control my characters do supers while assisting?

I mean is Mugenhook's tag mode worth merging with add004?
#1525  August 27, 2020, 08:11:41 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I didn't even know mugenhook had a tag mode yet, I remember the option was there but it wasn't completed before. I think if you're trying to say you want to do like a team super you might still be better with unotag, as I know there are ways to implement combo supers but it's a lot more involved unless I'm mistaken. One of the more experienced users probably can give you a better answer
#1526  August 27, 2020, 08:28:11 am
  • Indeed
I remember the option was there but it wasn't completed before.

That's right. By itself, mugenhook only brings back the old tag beta where the characters are awkwardly controlled with the same inputs, which looks funny but is impratical gameplay-wise.

So like I can control my characters do supers while assisting?

I mean is Mugenhook's tag mode worth merging with add004?

No, you can tag in and out and do assists as normal, the only difference is that both characters are always controlled by you (as in normal tag fighting games). If that's what you want, it's worth it.
#1527  August 27, 2020, 09:02:46 am
    • USA
But I have an question. Is there's like a setting where you can do a somewhat super assist from another character like in Marvel VS Capcom games?
#1528  August 27, 2020, 09:11:55 am
  • Indeed
But I have an question. Is there's like a setting where you can do a somewhat super assist from another character like in Marvel VS Capcom games?

A setting? No. But you can make it anyway, if you know how to code a bit.

Add004 uses, by default, the Statedef 1000 move as an assist (which is hadouken for Ryu, kikosho for Chun-Li etc), but you can change it by following the instructions in the video below. If you want a super move as an assist, change the number to something corresponding to a super (like Statedef 3000, for example).

#1529  August 27, 2020, 09:14:12 am
    • USA
Alright, sounds reasonable. But was wondering on how can you merge Mugenhook's tag mode to add004?
#1530  August 27, 2020, 09:36:00 am
  • Indeed
No need to "merge" anything, just install mugenhook on your game with add004. Here you can find all the instructions for the installation and setting of mugenhook: https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/wiki

Note that the "tag mode" mugenhook gives you is the old and unfinished one that was in development for Mugen 1.1, and was abandoned and hidden. Mugenhook just makes it show up. By itself, it's pretty much unplayable. But if your game runs on the add004 system, you can switch in and out and use assists during tag, making it much more complete.
#1531  August 27, 2020, 08:29:38 pm
    • USA
Alright, so I installed it but it doesn't said MugenHook is installed and nothing changed.
#1532  August 27, 2020, 09:38:21 pm
  • Indeed
#1533  August 28, 2020, 06:58:57 am
    • USA
Oh sorry. Well either way, back on topic. When I refer to a setting where you can do a somewhat super assist from another character like in Marvel VS Capcom games. Well, I meant to be referring to a MVC Mugen Game called  Marvel vs Capcom Maximum and it shows that you can tag everytag and do assist like crazy which shown in the trailer.

I tried asking the owner on how he did it but he doesn't wanted to tell me about it on his discord server.
#1534  August 28, 2020, 08:27:51 am
  • Indeed
From the youtube comment section of the video:

I edited add004 files for you to be able to tag out during anytime, even during supers.  so all that is happening is I do a super, then tag out then do super with next char. Kinda like MvC Infinite.

So yeah, basically what he did was edit add004 to enable to tag during supers. I don't think he also changed the assists to be supers themselves, but I may be wrong, I can't tell from the video.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that, I don't know how to change the tag time. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can tell us. Honestly, I would like to know too.
#1535  August 28, 2020, 08:36:37 am
    • USA
he said all he does is switch cancels in and then just does the hyper using normal key combinations the player uses to do a hyper while the other partner is still in hyper state (that war machine/ironman tagteam video).

just look for: ;>>sys::tag_mode_cmd_change_interrupted

you'll see:

trigger1=playerid(var(15)),sysfvar(4)<1 && playerid(var(15)),alive && playerid(var(15)),stateno<3000 && playerid(var(15)),time>2

change it to this:

trigger1=playerid(var(15)),sysfvar(4)<1 && playerid(var(15)),alive && playerid(var(15)),time>2

the system assumes you have all of your hypers in the state 3000 range, so if your characters arent, youll have to renumber. After changing it, you'll see you can tag cancel while in a hyper state (has to be state 3000 or higher, but I like to keep it to 3000 - 3999) and your partner will come in and you can control him. Having them on at hte same time during hyper cancel, is assuming your character is still doing their hyper then both will be on the battle floor and you just play your character like normal and press whatever keys to initiate a super. This is his method I am guessing by the way, by the way he explained it, not the one I personally use, I edited mine to automatically gon into a hyper during a cancel. His is mvc1/infinite style from what he said
#1536  August 29, 2020, 12:45:03 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
any chance you can share yours? It really wouldnt matter if its for zss I can try converting to this
#1537  August 29, 2020, 11:48:08 am
    • USA
First I'll warn you, there's some ikemen only sctrl's that are being used so you will have to find a workaround in mugen, so I would advise against copy pasting. But I think as long as I explain the ideas, it could properly be modified. There's ALOT happening I'll warn you first, its very oriented to fit into my custom game.

There's some very specific things (for example, it only really works good with power bar being maxed at level 3 the way its coded). It's a hybrid of a traditional tag cancel and team hyper. Usually hyper cancel will cancel the active player and they exit, in this the main player stays on until the hyper is finished and the tagged in partner lands and automatically initiates their hyper (different to pizza high fives where they just change to state 0 on land during hyper). Sample Video here of what it looks like:

Also note, my edit is strictly 3 on 3, so if its 4 on 4, idk it might work or break....The most important things to note in the zss are:

There is a new var48 being set to 15 in state 90900 which designates a tag cancel during a hyper

Which comes to the 2nd important change, sysfvar(4) now has a value equal to 3 (it originally is just values 0-2), sysfvar(4)=3 when active player's var48 = 15, and it tells the character tagging in "hey, when I land after state 190195, I have to initiate my hyper move"

Code in question:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

also you need to edit hte id search for partners to include a trigger for the new var(48)=15, in zss it looks like this

then to the next point...

In my edit, each and every character has their exceptions and hypers since all of them do have their hypers in range 3000-3999, but not al lare exactly 3000. If all of your characters have the ideal hyper you want in state 3000, you could just edit it so its global without the "name" trigger. In state 190195 in land, it has this

As you can see, again, its very specific to my game, with the power trigger and everything. But like I said, if you understand the thought process of this it should be easily modified for your own game.

Now in ikemen, there is a state -4 that ignores all kinds of pauses or super pauses so I am unsure how its coded in original mugen, its this state:

Basically,exit if you are no longer in state 3000-3999 (designated hyper states) if you called to cancel into your next partner.

Also some extras, if hyper cancel, then instead of turning blue when tag cancel, turn red and also do a superpause:

This might be it, I thought I would just explain the basics of what I did so it might be workable for a more general sense if things. Again I would not reccomend copy and pasting, the code is set up to only work wit ha very specific system.

Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 11:54:29 am by airforce111
#1538  August 31, 2020, 01:38:48 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

New Ikemen GO version released today, peeps.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1539  August 31, 2020, 06:28:28 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
It seems by default the dizzy effect is on and if you switch it off from the menu's the add004 files seem to override it, is there a way to turn this off? I haven't had to do this for Ikemen, I remember for mugen there used to just be a section where you could turn features on or off, but I'm not sure where that's located in the Ikemen version
#1540  September 01, 2020, 01:14:11 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Kinda glad with the easy config stuff with the common.const.
Love it when someone puts out what's possible with the constant Ikemen updates.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update