YesNoOk

Benimaru by R@CE AKIR@ (12/7/15) (Read 44422 times)

Started by Snakebyte, December 10, 2015, 09:49:01 pm
Share this topic:
Benimaru by R@CE AKIR@ (12/7/15)
#1  December 10, 2015, 09:49:01 pm
Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:53:14 pm by Snakebyte
Re: Benimaru by R@CE AKIR@ (12/7/15)
#2  December 11, 2015, 12:59:50 am
    • Canada
Solid Character with quite some damage. However found a bug during testing:

-The FX of some attacks like Raijin Ken and its variants doesn't remove themselves which fills up the helper slots. This causes some helpers to not work due to the lack empty slots to use.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:21:24 am by Cruz
#3  December 11, 2015, 01:57:36 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I didnt see him either til yesterday when i saw it in one of R@ce's youtube videos
I need more PSN friends
#4  December 11, 2015, 03:42:53 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Wish he used my sprites for Air Raikouken, but whatever, good job as usual r@ce.
#5  December 11, 2015, 04:58:42 pm
    • USA
    • paradox844@gmail.com
are his characters loud to anyone else?
#6  December 11, 2015, 08:50:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
There was drama, mostly from people calling R@ce out from all the mistakes he made under the guise of "it's custom".

So did he actually did things right this time or are you satisfied with PotS effects?
Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:56:24 pm by Darkflare
#7  December 11, 2015, 10:26:38 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Maybe R@ce don't released Benimaru here for one reason, just think about it.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#8  December 11, 2015, 10:54:10 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I'm surprised no one noticed this

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#9  December 11, 2015, 10:57:54 pm
    • Argentina
    • leoos_004@hotmail.com
woww thanks for sharing!
#10  December 12, 2015, 12:51:02 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
There was drama, mostly from people calling R@ce out from all the mistakes he made under the guise of "it's custom".

So did he actually did things right this time or are you satisfied with PotS effects?

No, just no. Why is this even a topic in a release thread? How about trying the character and not coming off as snarky. You can download the character and find out whatever you need to know.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#11  December 12, 2015, 01:30:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm taking into account previous experiences with R@ce. And as much as I would love to, I don't have easy access to a PC to do so. Besides, I would rather get the opinion from a Benimaru player.
#12  December 12, 2015, 01:46:15 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
So, you basically wanted to make a snarky comment on something you can't try at the moment. Based on past interactions with the creator...............ok, let me stop contributing to off topic conversations. Will download and test for myself.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#13  December 12, 2015, 02:19:13 am
I only tested for hit and hurt boxes. Decent enough there, but found things I don't like.

Jump velocity is off, damage is unrefined, roll has no hit vulnerability towards the end, dodge punch doesn't hit from what I tried, DP+K moves Benimaru forwards (doesn't happen in any game). On top of what was already found. Could probably find more with more time.

Decent enough char, needs refinement though. Don't care much for pots derivatives personally but it's playable for those who like them. I will say that for as many chars he's made, some of these oversights are pretty egregious.
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:27:50 am by GS-Niitris
#14  December 12, 2015, 04:59:58 pm
  • Bushinryu it's what's for dinner!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX27lSWBIIc[/youtube]

Link to original topic.

I didn't see a post for this, not sure why he didn't release it here. Maybe I missed drama or something. Will delete this ASAP if he posts it himself.

Please allow me to help you understand as I am more than glad to do so. Race has had his fair share of problems with the community as many of you already know.  Race actually had plans of releasing this character at a later specified date but thanks to someone leaking his character he had decided against doing so.  I know I am the last one to be talking about leaking characters but Race is honestly a very good man who deserves nothing but respect, he has good personality and he is actually humble about his skill which some people refuse to acknowledge. 

The community it's self is poison and some of the most poisonous people in the community are given power and a voice which honestly pushes good people, and great creators away not wanting to have anything to do with this community.  I have known a number of creators in this community some with great personality others with shit personality Race is the very last person who deserves to get pushed down in to a corner.   The people responsible for discouraging him as a creator need to seriously re think your goals and purpose in this community because you are indeed the reason why the community stagnates outside of many of them taking on a busy personal life you are indeed responsible for pushing good creators away from sharing there material.  If the community wants to thrive and see new creations with high quality a major attitude adjustment would have to occur in the community it's up to all of you to make that happen. 

If your a person who dislikes Races work that's fine but do your self a favor don't pretend that your opinions are high and mighty because they are not, mugen is about having it your way and disliking his creations because they are not 100% accurate or to your tastes IS YOUR OWN PERSONAL PROBLEM not his problem.  Be grateful that people are releasing characters in an age where fighting games have become so prevalent and always remember why mugen was born, because of a dry-spell during a time where fighting games were dying.
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:29:21 pm by bushinryujunkie
#15  December 12, 2015, 05:06:36 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I mean like, he could just ignore those people and do what he wants. He's kinda doing that now by releasing this way, but....well my point is obvious.

The only people with power are people in staff, but I don't think you mean them? Everyone has a voice, it's just up to each person who they decide to listen to (hey look, my point again)

There was a time where I would've agreed with what you've said (and has been drudged up multiple times at different situations) but the whole community isn't horrible. There are good/helpful people around. We just tend to focus on the negative.
And people bandwagon a lot. That's the whole internet though, not just MFG/Mugen Community.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even shitty people. lol.
#16  December 12, 2015, 05:18:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I'm happy that someone posted it here, because without it I would propably never get it.
A shame.
#17  December 12, 2015, 05:34:05 pm
  • Bushinryu it's what's for dinner!
I'm happy that someone posted it here, because without it I would propably never get it.
A shame.

Your wrong, I know R@ce he was going to release it he just wanted to fix up some bugs he found before releasing it.
#18  December 12, 2015, 05:49:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
A good argument, if this character was actually leaked. R@ce officially released this character in another forum so the leaked argument is out. He also sent a PM asking this release topic to be removed from here, so he never intended to have it announced here.

Also, you give too much credit to R@ce
#19  December 12, 2015, 06:04:09 pm
Can we keep discussion to the character instead of people's opinions of the creator and his decisions about where to post his work, please?
#20  December 12, 2015, 06:16:13 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Can we keep discussion to the character instead of people's opinions of the creator and his decisions about where to post his work, please?

This, please. As far as I can see from the videos, he looks great, but aside from the feedback posted by Amidweiz, GS-Niitris, and Cruz, I think Benimaru plays well.

Wish he used my sprites for Air Raikouken, but whatever, good job as usual r@ce.

Yeah, same here, they were so well done [your sprite edits].
This is a generic forum signature.