YesNoOk

Ranno (Rivals of Aether) Released! (Read 8145 times)

Started by Joey S., May 28, 2020, 03:57:54 am
Share this topic:
Ranno (Rivals of Aether) Released!
#1  May 28, 2020, 03:57:54 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
HE'S FINALLY HERE!!

Ranno, The Poisonous Pacifist from Rivals of Aether has now officially made his way into MUGEN! To be honest, I was kinda expecting people to make the RoA cast sooner thanks to their popular Steam Workshop content, with it being considered as "MUGEN except Smash-style". Nonetheless, I am proud of the work I put into my first stand-alone character and I hope you are too.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

As always, feedback is much appreciated. Thank you and see ya later!

Download him here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x9VRmuYHK6PRXR6hvpMSFPCpBjdG4Mjs
Or from my website: https://joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen/ranno
Re: Ranno (Rivals of Aether) Released!
#2  May 28, 2020, 06:38:25 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#3  May 28, 2020, 06:47:49 am
  • Osoraku
  • i'm a weeb Sore ni taisho suru
    • USA
where and how were you able to get the sprites for ranno?
#4  May 28, 2020, 12:59:07 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
I found some glitch with Ranno

Ah, it's that one move that's trying to look for custom state 91026 but uses p2's actual anim 91026 if they have one.
Fixed.

where and how were you able to get the sprites for ranno?

I ripped them directly from the game myself! There's this custom green screen stage you can download, so I decided to screenshot every sprite for him then edit out the green using GIMP or whatever. It's a little tedious but I'm glad with how they came out.
(btw I also attached the sprites as pngs in a separate file so if ya want to do something with them, have at it!)
#5  May 28, 2020, 01:53:04 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#6  May 28, 2020, 02:01:57 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
I found another bug

Can you specify what move you're doing out of that jumping Heavy? I kinda can't figure out which move it is from the video.
Never mind, I found where it's happening. I made a random typo in the cmd and didn't even notice. Whoops!

Fixed.
Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 02:19:31 pm by Joey S.
New #7  July 03, 2020, 03:37:19 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
Bumping because (thanks to Dawn De Era) new changes have been made that I consider big enough to be dubbed Ranno's "Version 1.1".

- Ranno is now better suited for Simul play! He now has two separate stack gauges for each player if he faces against a 2-player team.

- Toxic Trap's detonation has been mapped to the Start button, can be done anywhere and will explode instantly if Ranno is performing a different move when detonating. Detonation also does not put players into a SuperPause.

- In addition, Ranno is now completely invulnerable when moving the Toxic Trap bubble.

(7/05/20)
- Ranno now has a damage dampener that affects all of his moves except his Level 3.

(8/05/20)
- Fixed a damage dampener error I made where Poison Darts did no damage at all.

(8/07/20)
- Fixed a "1-th enemy" debug flood error being caused through Ranno's simul mode checks in triggers.
Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:57:17 pm by Joey S.