Announcer voice (Read 44866 times)

Started by AlexSin, April 24, 2014, 11:43:52 am

Amy

Re: Announcer voice
#21  June 19, 2014, 09:44:31 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
I'll throw my hat into the ring. I've done a bit of voice acting for various people here, and this sounds super fun!

I threw together a short demo reel right quick, tried to with my goal being to imitate an American voice as close as possible. Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/409uahdj41ir27j/Full_Demo_Reel_(MFG_Presents_Street_Fighter_Announcer).mp3

(-10 for using Tekken music in a Street Fighter audition :( )

Congratulations, you made me seem like a noob :/

They might want to use yours since yours is better than mine.
#22  June 19, 2014, 09:47:24 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
^ Don't be harsh on yourself, yours is very good! I've been doing various local work around my area, so I have a bit of practice. You have a wonderful voice though, give yourself some credit :)

Amy

#23  June 19, 2014, 09:49:49 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
^ Don't be harsh on yourself, yours is very good! I've been doing various local work around my area, so I have a bit of practice. You have a wonderful voice though, give yourself some credit :)

Well, I never really did any kind of voice acting, I just did some song covers and this is my first time with voice acting so it's expected that I suck :(

But then, I'll do my best from now on.

+1 to you, you got talent! :)
#24  June 19, 2014, 10:25:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Actually, not only can we have more than 1 as options. But the idea has branched out a bit more to include sub games like just a SF1 game and such. In which case we can use different announces for each sub game as well.

I find your voice perfect for this Gritsmaster! You did a great job!

Amy, each one you have posted has improved as well. I think you're getting closer.

Perhaps we should try some default audition dialogue.

With each one see if you can find 4 ways to say the words.

"MUGEN (Moo gen) Fighter's Guild presents: STREET FIGHTER!"

"Round One: FIGHT!"

"Ryu wins! Perfect!"

"You can't give it up, man! Triumph or die!"

"Go for Broke!"

Aside from the audition dialogue we should go ahead and start compiling all the phrases we'd want in the game.

Obviously everything that's been in the series so far.

Hah, oops. Alex had default audition text in the 1st post. Well, yeah, I'd try the ones he posted in different voices, speeds, pitch, etc

Amy

#25  June 20, 2014, 08:09:53 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
#26  June 20, 2014, 08:24:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Hmmm, I really think you are almost there with this. Try to turn the echo down a bit and say the same things slightly quicker. And/or with more emphasis. When "Street Fighter" is said it should really pop.
#27  June 20, 2014, 08:36:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I updated the 1st post with a list of all the announcer quotes from SF. Should we try to have them all? Or should we just select a few and add our own?
#28  June 22, 2014, 05:35:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@Amy: It occurred to me today that you kinda sound like the announcer for kof 13. You could listen to that announcer for inspiration!
#29  June 22, 2014, 09:35:01 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
This sounds a lot better Amy! The "Character Select" and "Go For Broke" clips sound especially good. Just don't go crazy with effects and remember to enunciate every syllable clearly!

JNP Are there any lines you would like recorded now, or would you rather wait until all the dialogue options have been sorted out?

Amy

#30  June 22, 2014, 09:08:47 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
@Just No Point Really? I guess KOF inspired me a bit haha
#31  June 23, 2014, 02:36:36 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll try to get a confirmed list of everything that needs to be said this week. @Felo_Llop: @Balthazar: @Alex Sinigaglia: @HQ: You guys have any recommendations yourselves?

Everyone can contribute. But if no one speaks up soon I'll make the list up myself :}
#32  June 23, 2014, 07:14:52 pm
Will my ideas
make it in the list?
:thinking2:

On a serious note, I don't want those that were already used in previous games. Well, a few of them is ok for me.
But we should strive for original things. I know there aren't lots of things to say.

It's better if you make the list, I don't have many ideas for now.

But this is one I thought just now:
---
These voices are also going to be used during the match, right?

Let's see:
- before the intro of the characters play, there could be a pause code: in that moment the announcer could say the name (and the hour) of the stage:
eg.: Suzaku Castle 11:00 a.m.

and the same for the other stages.
---
#33  June 24, 2014, 05:06:36 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I like those, JnP :)

Alex: Is that possible in mugen? O_o!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#34  June 24, 2014, 05:10:13 pm
I think it could be coded in the characters, yes.
#35  June 28, 2014, 05:03:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The only problem with that is that we would need to know most/all the names and tmes of the stages before recording them. Keep in mind with the length of the project we want to make it so that later on we won't need more voice acting. The voice actors could be long gone by that point.

At best we could have them announce every location SF characters hail from and maybe a few more areas to be safe. So the announcer could tell the location.

I want to apologize. I totally forgot about needing to do this this week. I'll try to work on it after work the next 3 days.

In the meantime give a list of all countries needing to be voiced. And names of every character that could show up in the game from the SF series.

SNT

#36  June 28, 2014, 07:49:16 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I'm doing the announcer for a seperate project, so I might as well try and record some stuff for this too. I'm going to see if I can get something done either tomorrow or Monday, depending on if the place is open.
#37  June 28, 2014, 09:45:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That'd be awesome!

Okay, here's my list

Spoiler: Name related (click to see content)

Spoiler: Title, select character, select super art Lines (click to see content)

Spoiler: Versus Screen, Round start lines (click to see content)

Spoiler: After Battle Lines, Going to next country (click to see content)

Spoiler: Basic in game dialogue (click to see content)

Spoiler: Names (click to see content)

Spoiler: Countries (click to see content)

Thoughts? I miss anything?
Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:44:54 pm by Just No Point

SNT

#38  June 28, 2014, 11:54:44 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Spoiler: Countries (click to see content)

Thoughts? I miss anything?
Can you include the intended stage locations as well? Like "Japan: Suzaku Castle" or "Brazil: Amazon Village". Or at least references of each stage so I can wing it.  You say "UK", it could be anything, but say "Dudley's 3S stage" and I know it's London Street.
#39  June 29, 2014, 12:01:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I can but the only problem is that we don't know where every stage is taking place at yet. Wouldn't we need a list of like every former SF location ever just to be on the safe side? And if something was unique we wouldn't be able to have the name of the stage (if the announcer is no longer available).

Does that make sense?
#40  June 29, 2014, 12:32:34 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK