YesNoOk

BIRDIE (Read 31782 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 13, 2014, 08:05:45 pm
Re: BIRDIE
#21  April 15, 2014, 06:08:45 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Jin Kazama's .sff for Birdie has those anmations :P. And as far as I know, it doesn gets paler :P

PS: Is OK if I upload his sff? I mean, not wanting to warehouse and etc. The links I found at google or are filled with virus OR are empty. Or uploading the character for references(clsn, air, etc)?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#22  April 15, 2014, 06:15:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If the character has no home website or the home website has viruses then it'd be fine to upload the entire character.
#23  April 15, 2014, 08:41:46 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i believe descolors birdie has a focus attack btw, maybe you wanna check that out.
#24  April 16, 2014, 06:56:18 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Bull Horn
hold 2P or 2K - More damage and hits the longer you hold the button. Initial head turn frame is immune to projectiles.

Can the input command be changed to qcf, hcb or just press all 3 punch buttons? I just don't find this move useful especially when most fireball evasion moves in most SF games require precise timing or fighting against advance players using shoto characters or characters that have good basic attacks like Chunli or Nash. If not, maybe instead of multiple hits it makes the opponent dizzy if hit or may be function as an overhead with sufficient damage.

I suggest also have a different animation  for the last frame like his SFA2 ending.

Can he also fling his chain to grapple someone like he did the SFA movie and then pulls the opponent and he does a head butt? I know its rip off of Scorpion or Whip but he plays too similar to boxer Balrog even with his grappling moves which aren't much fun to use compared to Zangief.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#25  April 16, 2014, 07:36:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The holding the button thing is to charge the move; similar to Balrog's Turn Punch and Raiden's drop kick. It'd throw everything out of whack if it could be used freely.
#26  April 16, 2014, 09:29:53 am
#27  April 16, 2014, 12:03:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Holding the button down with 2P and 2K is also important for his meta game. You can charge several at a time by pressing 3P and 3K. 3P alone charges 2 at a time. You release one punch and he'll do the move while you're still charging another.

The "Scorpion chain grab" is listed in the move list as an EX version for his Bandit Chain.
#28  April 17, 2014, 06:44:09 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I believe Jin Kazama's Birdie was based on the PSX version, if my assumption is correct, then the sff will be missing certain frames.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#29  April 18, 2014, 12:03:56 am
^Yes, it misses some frames AND some animations shares the same sprites(slam and crouch, for example). It also lacks the sneeze thing. Also, I noticed that some sprites doesn't share the same palete(and not speaking about the "hot buffalo" sprites)

Which is the most complete Birdie out there?

EDIT: I can also start RIGHT NOW with the "touchy" thing for putting him closer to the cvs style(what i did with that Honda sprite)
#30  April 18, 2014, 12:05:49 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Might just want to wait till I get him ripped and throw him in an sff.
#31  April 18, 2014, 12:10:50 am
#32  September 06, 2014, 05:52:40 am
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/svculisan
 Some personal sugestions:

[EX ]Bandit Chain
360 + 2K - Throws his chain out to grab the opponent and pulls them in. Less damage than SP version. (chain doesn't go super far, maybe another Ryu's distance)
Or, if just do the second throw and the enemy bounces on the floor and juggles stance?

[Max Super 2] Bull Revenger
-QCF+2P or 2K ~He jumps forward, about the distance of a normal jump if Punch is used,or the distance of two jumps (across the screen) if Kick is used. Upon landing, he grabs his opponent and uses multiple Murderer and Bandit Chains on his foe, always finishing with a Murderer Chain. Adds more slams/damage. Can also control the distance even more with forward and back ala El Fuerte's Ultra 1
Or after the penultimate Bandit Chain do a move like the Venom's Web Throw, but with the chain.

[Super 3] Rampaging Chain
-720 +P ~close range super throw that we get to attempt to concept
[Max Super 3] Rampaging Chain
-720 +2P  -More reach More damage?
Maybe a move like T. Hawk's Raging Slash using chains?

#33  September 06, 2014, 06:26:50 am
  • That sarcastic dude who makes stuff to the sake of
    • Canada
het what about birdie by varo hades??