YesNoOk

Stages (Read 130004 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 14, 2014, 10:24:38 am
Re: Stages
#41  April 24, 2014, 04:43:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
An edit of this stage would be perfect for the pit fighter. Add the pimps from the las vegas stage and wham.

#42  April 24, 2014, 05:18:36 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I've converted the majority of the stages mentioned to superjump.(Birdies Train Station, Charlie's Sfa 1 stage,  Sodom Truck stage). I could easily convert Chun-li's sfa 1 stage as well. I've done original stages for Adon, Alex,   Ken, Evil Ken, Ryu, ANY Metro City native, T-Hawk,  Dudley and Sagat. I did almost ALL the sfa3 stages and some sfa2 stages. Just tell me watchu need. I gotcha. :cool4:

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#43  April 25, 2014, 11:44:31 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'm really looking forward to this section. Because making a good Street Fighter game is what I've wished for a long time ago.
And regarding stages, I think it's very important to reconsider each option with caution, before making a final thing.

So I have some ideas. Making EACH character have their own stage will result in wayyyy to much stages I believe.
But what about Mixing older stages together, to fit? Or perhaps 2 Stages for Brazil, 2 for Thailand, 3 for Japan, 3 for U.S.A (Sorta thing). The more fighters from either country the more stages from their country??

I did some Basic Mix stages a while ago. Maybe it could be to some use or Inspiration?

Brazillian Based -
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Mexican Mission -

Las Vegas -

Train Wreck -

Chinese Waters -
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#44  April 25, 2014, 02:28:42 pm

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#45  April 25, 2014, 02:40:25 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- SFer there are some nice stage ideas :D!! Now, just curious, who's the shadaloo guy in your signature?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#46  April 25, 2014, 02:42:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep. Nice stages! But I have to disagree on 1 thing. There can never be too many stages =p
#47  April 25, 2014, 02:46:59 pm
Especially considering there seem to be a large number of people who have already offered to share stages they've made, and people who have offered to make new stages. All that is needed is enough material. And between the many different stages for the same characters in different games, the edits, overhauls of old stages, and a couple of variations here and there for obvious pairs, I'm pretty sure there's more than enough in store. Someone said it before, but there's actually a lot more stages than characters in SF in general, even more so for this project with all of the above, and this project isn't even anywhere close to having every single character that ever appeared in the franchise. Yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#48  April 25, 2014, 05:48:38 pm
Especially considering there seem to be a large number of people who have already offered to share stages they've made, and people who have offered to make new stages. All that is needed is enough material. And between the many different stages for the same characters in different games, the edits, overhauls of old stages, and a couple of variations here and there for obvious pairs, I'm pretty sure there's more than enough in store. Someone said it before, but there's actually a lot more stages than characters in SF in general, even more so for this project with all of the above, and this project isn't even anywhere close to having every single character that ever appeared in the franchise. Yet.

Exactly. Every character should get a stage. It's absolutely possible and with little effort. So many contributors and ideas. We should just decide on stages now so their respective creators can work on them and more effort can be put into spriting and coding characters and getting the screenpack conceptualized. Cuz it's obvious that's probably gonna take more effort.

...who's the shadaloo guy in your signature?

Yes. Do tell.

[/quote said:
#49  April 25, 2014, 06:10:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For most stages we can use what's already been released as well. @caddie: has made the most accurate stages from the game iirc. I think all his work is open source now but we'll want to ask to be sure. When suggesting an author's work we want it to be open source. Or to be known that it'll be open source in this project. Otherwise we'll have to remake the stage.

Everything in this game is to promote fair use and sharing so we want to be sure to not step on any toes. So be careful suggesting most Stages made by Japanese creators :p
#50  April 25, 2014, 06:25:37 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Shadaloo sig guy appears to be a combination of Blade (bison troopers from the SF movie) and the awesome-looking nameless guy from the SFII animated movie.

A pretty rad design combo, really.
#51  April 25, 2014, 07:17:45 pm
For most stages we can use what's already been released as well. @caddie: has made the most accurate stages from the game iirc. I think all his work is open source now but we'll want to ask to be sure. When suggesting an author's work we want it to be open source. Or to be known that it'll be open source in this project. Otherwise we'll have to remake the stage.

Everything in this game is to promote fair use and sharing so we want to be sure to not step on any toes. So be careful suggesting most Stages made by Japanese creators :p

@Just No Point:   Oooooh k...

Then on behalf of myself...I  donate my services as a stage Creator to create new stages or update stages I've already created to help the MFG Street Fighter project.

[/quote said:
#52  April 25, 2014, 07:39:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We can use the stages that have the super jump added in but I'm still on the fence about actually having moves that use the extra space. Just for the fact that you're the only person I know here doing that and if you tire of mugen for a bit or real life gets you somehow or whatever, then we'd be stuck having to try to convert stages before they could be added in. If that makes sense.

My goal is to get this rolling well enough that if anything happens to any 1 user on the project it won't fall flat on it's face.
Worst we have right now is relying on felo for all portraits and art. But that stuff could be replaced a lot easier if he vanished.
#53  April 25, 2014, 08:16:26 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
For most stages we can use what's already been released as well. @caddie: has made the most accurate stages from the game iirc. I think all his work is open source now but we'll want to ask to be sure.
Yep! I don't even ask for credit, use whatever the hell you want.
You'll be credited and you'll like it!!!
#54  April 25, 2014, 08:27:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Greenlit to use and abuse the hell out of Caddie :hump:
#55  April 25, 2014, 08:51:42 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The guy from the signature is Blade from SF the Movie, with a new design.
And I'm sure you know the rest.

You can always use my stuff if you find it interessting.
And I'm glad to hear that people keep on rolling this amazing Project. I'll be keeping my eye out for this. :)

And true about so many contributers, that we can have every one have their own stage.
But in my experience I've seen it as too many stages to pick from. But it might be better this way anyhow.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#56  April 25, 2014, 11:35:15 pm
We can use the stages that have the super jump added in but I'm still on the fence about actually having moves that use the extra space. Just for the fact that you're the only person I know here doing that and if you tire of mugen for a bit or real life gets you somehow or whatever, then we'd be stuck having to try to convert stages before they could be added in. If that makes sense.

My goal is to get this rolling well enough that if anything happens to any 1 user on the project it won't fall flat on it's face.
Worst we have right now is relying on felo for all portraits and art. But that stuff could be replaced a lot easier if he vanished.

Cool. When ever your ready....

[/quote said:
#57  April 25, 2014, 11:56:26 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#58  April 26, 2014, 12:16:54 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Vote that each character should have his own stage. At this point, mugen offer that possibility. And I mention again with super jump, Vegaz_Parrelli made a lot of these stages and even Street Fighter 3 stages has super jump, the only stages that need to remake are the Street Fighter 1 stages.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#59  April 26, 2014, 04:08:05 am
Vote that each character should have his own stage. At this point, mugen offer that possibility. And I mention again with super jump, Vegaz_Parrelli made a lot of these stages and even Street Fighter 3 stages has super jump, the only stages that need to remake are the Street Fighter 1 stages.

Now that's whatz up. As far as the sf1 stages...I've been scoping them out for a while now. It wouldn't be a problem at all...

[/quote said:
#60  April 26, 2014, 04:59:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think the SF1 stages would need some graphical improvements to make it in. SF2 looks pretty dated but has enough to not totally throw you off if you saw it right after a SF3 stage. SF1.... uh....