YesNoOk

Traweezie/Jape has passed away. (Read 5715 times)

Started by lui, June 27, 2022, 09:09:23 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Traweezie/Jape has passed away.
#1  June 27, 2022, 09:09:23 pm
    • USA
Initial announcement came from:

https://twitter.com/Smash_Crusade/status/1541404167218020352

It is with a very, very, very heavy heart that I report the news that Jape has passed away.

He was a very intergral part to a LOT of fan-made projects. And I mean *alot*. Multiple communities are alive for fan-stuff to this day thanks to his stubbornness in playing things that most people wouldn't put their time into.

He kept the faith going for many things, including my own projects. He was there for every single project I have started and canned. He once literally made a server for a old version of one of my shitty games when I wasn't active because he loved playing it online for people that much.

He kept Smash Crusade going in its' most rough patches, and singlehandedly kept stuff like Capcom Universe and other stuff alive.

He will be missed. I knew him for almost 10 years and it feels like we just met yesterday.

RIP to the King of Kusoge, RIP to Traweezie.

Please leave here any fun memories in his name that you would love to share, I have so many.
Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 09:14:06 pm by lui

ROS

Re: Traweezie/Jape has passed away.
#2  June 27, 2022, 09:24:46 pm
Single-handly crushed me to hear this.

Truly will miss Traweezie, solely responsible for introducing me to Crusade and many fan made fighting games. Also met plenty of people through him.

RIP.

#3  June 28, 2022, 12:21:07 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
This: Touhou RP Ikemen(with a mugen packed)

This is what later became Gensokyo Reloaded. Without him, it would not exist, and I would've likely never done anything with the old S-SIZE IKEMEN engine it runs on. The server he created for the game has allowed me to meet and converse with so many great people, to which I am eternally grateful. It feels so weird that I'll never be able to fight his Utsuho, Komachi, Yuyuko, Sanae, or Suika ever again; one of the last things I ever said to him was that he'd gotten rusty, hah.

Rest in peace, man.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  June 28, 2022, 01:44:55 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
If it wasn't for Traweezie, the Capcom Universe trailers would've probably never been done as fast. RIP bro.
#5  June 28, 2022, 06:01:44 am
  • Look out for falling Roadrollers
    • USA
I understand that this is a topic meant for sharing the good moments Trevor, or as I've known him for a long time, Traweezie brought us, yet I felt I had to vent about simply more then just moments in a itemized list and talk about my direct experiences with him, which are placed in the spoilered section as a warning. Feel free to skip past it to the bottom if you wish.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That being said, I can't even begin to decide on what to post specifically, so in no order, heres a set of streams I was lucky to take a part in just because it somewhat makes the process easier

I can't begin to tell you how fun it was to take part in the experiences he offered, nor how bittersweet it is both revising them and returning to the present, to reality. But I'm glad that I got to see a part of his life, and how he touched the lives of those around him, and I'm sure hes moved on to a better place, just like his grandfather. I also vehemently hope this both this thread and all the support everyone has given him now give Travon High's family and friends joyful glimpses into his grand past had they not already known what he did thus far, and closure about his passing, knowing that despite his early departure, he had and has indeed left his mark. I'll miss you Traw
#6  June 28, 2022, 11:20:32 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
The amount of moments I had with Jape were Amazing, from the matches we had to the MVC MAX stream, it’s extremely tragic of his passing and he will be a legend in not just our community but many others too. He was one of the top players of the IKEMEN community and always showed improvement each match we played.

These are my personal favorite moments I had with him streaming, he will always be one of the main reasons I’m still playing fighting games to this date, to never give up and to have fun with ur friends every moment you can.
#7  June 28, 2022, 11:26:57 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
this breaks my heart. i watched his streams on youtube when i had the time and he tested out my characters. omg.. rip
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce