YesNoOk

Seth The Assassin Release (Read 20650 times)

Started by Vinnie, April 12, 2021, 02:40:39 am
Share this topic:
Seth The Assassin Release
New #1  April 12, 2021, 02:40:39 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:40:59 am by Ichida
Re: Seth The Assassin Release
#2  April 12, 2021, 03:59:16 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Awesome take of Seth, thanks for the release Ichida
#3  April 12, 2021, 04:29:05 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
i've waited for this, gonna try him out.
#4  April 12, 2021, 06:41:01 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I found a bug while testing your Seth.
He can float when you do Captive Segment quickly after the 3rd hit of B attacks.
https://streamable.com/n3363b
#5  April 12, 2021, 07:01:32 am
    • Vietnam
#6  April 12, 2021, 02:01:40 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
Nice! You making UNIB character!
#7  April 13, 2021, 02:35:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

It plays better than i expected. Nice work on Seth, you did great Ichida.
#8  April 13, 2021, 03:34:57 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#9  April 13, 2021, 09:10:11 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Special intro wise, I’m surprised that he doesn’t have one with OHMSBY’s Es, since I kinda thought it would be fitting given their pre-battle intro in BBTAG itself.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#10  April 13, 2021, 03:20:20 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#11  April 13, 2021, 04:07:11 pm
    • Vietnam
Fixed. Feel free to redownload him.

Fixed an error where Seth's 5BBBB went off-screen.
#12  April 19, 2021, 05:24:29 am
    • Vietnam
Seth has received a small update.

Added Intro Vs. Mitsuru.
#13  April 24, 2021, 12:20:14 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
I saw the screenshot that you've been working on Orie?
Can't wait to try her on BBTAG style!
#14  April 25, 2021, 04:55:05 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Seth has received a small update.

Seth seems pretty good, though there's one thing i want to note:
QCB+B in the air has a short pause before he does the dive.
I think it's also there for QCB+C, though probably shorter than the B version's.

#15  April 25, 2021, 05:43:58 am
    • Vietnam
Thanks DauntlessMonk7, It has been fixed.
-Fixed an error where Seth didn't pause a bit before his Piercing Penetrations.
#16  April 30, 2021, 07:13:54 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Pardon for the late feedback, was busy for the past few days:
-The y axis on his portrait is off by 2 (It's already 120 x 140 so both axis should be 0).
-The swing effect on her jA and jB doesn't disappear and follows him after he touches the ground.
-There is no need for the dash dust on any version of Dual Piercing Vengeance as there's an air dash effect already.
-Standing underneath the orb effect any version of Captive Segment will make the projectile appear on the opposite direction.
-The normal ground shockwave and the ground shatter effect on Last Rite Execution are layered incorrectly and the shockwave plays twice at the same time as it's whiter than normal (Should be one for the opponent hitting the ground and the normal one for the ground shatter effects itself).
-The hit sparks on Distant Frontier are misaligned when it hits successfully.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#17  April 30, 2021, 11:38:47 am
    • USA

2nd feedback:
-The last hit of the A command normals has dash dust as it's using Dual Piercing Vengeance and also could use sliding dust on the end of the animation.
-All versions of Dual Piercing Vengeance could use sliding dust on the end of the animation.
-Rapid Descent has a normal ground shockwave when he touches the ground (Not sure if that was intentional too just like Orie's Sacred Spire Lucent).
-After layering, I just noticed the opponent is now in front of the ground shatter effects on his Last Rite Execution when they are lying on the ground.
-Performing running A while the opponent is hit by Captive Segment will miss and go right through them:

-Distant Frontier's hit sparks are still misaligned. They are all the way on the right or left depending on which side you used it on:

-After the opponent is defeated by Distant Frontier, they should be lying down on the ground when the animation is over instead of disappearing completely.

Forgot a few things and some I noticed on the latest version. I also still have some feedback for Orie too, which I'll post on her respective topic.

Oh wow, this is irritating actually. Because this wasn't the first time I struggled with it. In fact, every time when I launch an update on Seth, I always check and adjust the code again and again.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
It's more of a aesthetic bug, but at least the move itself works fine as long as the opponent is not too close to it. If the original code for the move had that bug too, I didn't know since his/her version of Seth was for 1.1 only so I had no idea.
#18  April 30, 2021, 12:16:16 pm
    • Vietnam
-Rapid Descent has a normal ground shockwave when he touches the ground (Not sure if that was intentional too just like Orie's Sacred Spire Lucent).
This was intentionally made actually.

-After layering, I just noticed the opponent is now in front of the ground shatter effects on his Last Rite Execution when they are lying on the ground.
The order of the display I wanted it to be is the opponent lying on the ground shatter effects then finally, a shockwave beneath all. A change on sprpriority had been made.

-Distant Frontier's hit sparks are still misaligned. They are all the way on the right or left depending on which side you used it on:
Ah, this is actually an intentional modification. I wanted the hitsparks to scatter all over the screen instead of just around the opponent. I'd like to keep it like that if you don't mind.

It's more of a aesthetic bug, but at least the move itself works fine as long as the opponent is not too close to it. If the original code for the move had that bug too, I didn't know since his/her version of Seth was for 1.1 only so I had no idea.
Well, It's not about the version of MUGEN. The only remarkable point here is: in the Seth version of W ( W referring to the author's name ), he always land the orb on the ground. Which means the orb cannot move downward, so we can never detect if the arrow was facing in the wrong direction. The arrow itself can only be seen moving in 180 degrees. While in my version, the projectile is freely moved in 360 degrees, creating the whole aspect of the movement of it.

Forgot a few things and some I noticed on the latest version. I also still have some feedback for Orie too, which I'll post on her respective topic.
My thanks to you for your hard work.

In addition, all of the mentioned aesthetic bugs were fixed. Feel free to redownload him.
#19  April 30, 2021, 02:32:23 pm
    • USA

3rd and hopefully last:
-The sliding dust on the last hit of the A command normals is placed where he uses the move and not at the end of the animation.
-The 2nd hit of the B command normals don't have sliding dust at the end of the animation.
-The sliding dust on EX Captive Segment could be slightly closer to his front foot.

Ah, this is actually an intentional modification. I wanted the hitsparks to scatter all over the screen instead of just around the opponent. I'd like to keep it like that if you don't mind.
Not at all now that you mentioned it. However since you wanted it like that, it felt like the hitsparks were mostly condensed into one area. That's why I thought it was misaligned at first as they only appeared in the bottom left or right corners. Maybe you can adjust it a little bit so the placements are random like OHMSBY's Faust.

Well, It's not about the version of MUGEN. The only remarkable point here is: in the Seth version of W ( W referring to the author's name ), he always land the orb on the ground. Which means the orb cannot move downward, so we can never detect if the arrow was facing in the wrong direction. The arrow itself can only be seen moving in 180 degrees. While in my version, the projectile is freely moved in 360 degrees, creating the whole aspect of the movement of it.
It was more like because I only use 1.0 and W's Seth was 1.1 exclusively. That's why I couldn't test him out and see for myself.
#20  April 30, 2021, 03:19:05 pm
    • Vietnam
-The sliding dust on EX Captive Segment could be slightly closer to his front foot.
AFAIK, I didn't use any sliding dust for any of my Captive Segment moves. Did you misread it with Dual Piercing Vengeance ?