YesNoOk

Kyurem's remake/rework/overhaul/dunno :p WIP  (Read 2937 times)

Started by Hiperhazz, July 22, 2020, 06:48:13 am
Share this topic:
Kyurem's remake/rework/overhaul/dunno :p WIP
#1  July 22, 2020, 06:48:13 am
    • Mexico
    • Reptorebanador@gmail.com
First of all, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize,  this is still a work in progress so I consider it to be a projevt, if it is however more fit for other section, please move it there, that said, lets get to it:

Today I learned that even after 7 years I'm still terrible at making names up, anywaySo,  just recently I got a bit (or maybe a ton :p ) of inspiration and decided that I wanted to give character creation another shot, truth be told, my works years ago were pretty... unbalanced to say the least, not to mention how much of an spaguetthi my code was (and probably still is, some bad habits never die, but we'll see), anyway, while I have another character in mind to begin with, some problems with it made me decide to take a break and try soemthing else, and that's when I looked back and saw one of the last thing I made; kyurem. Designed as a boss character, it was very very broken, the little sprites I had to work with limited my ideas a bit and I was focusing on making it extremely strong, even added a cheapie mode, silly me :p

With all that in mind, I decided I would completely overhaul him, completely changing its moves, graphics, rewriting code, pretty much everything, tho I did en reusing some of the old code I won't lie, functionally it is a completely different character, and this time around, I'm trying to make an actually fair boss character (well, as fair as a boss of his kind can be i guess:p)

So far balance wise my ideas have been these in contras to the older version:

• Kyurem only rrecovers a fraction of its life when winning a round, older version fully healed every time
  • Kyurem will retain its forme in between rounds, so if base forme beats you, you'll face it again, if you beat base forme and the next one kills you, you'll face that other forme, old kyurem returned to base forme every round
  • You only have to beat Kyurem once, if you defeat both formes, next round you will be given a free ko ending the fight, essentially givingyou (usually) two rounds to beat him once, old Kyurem required beating him from base form those  same rounds

And maybe more, knowing my memory its probably the case :p

And now, after all that speech, this comes into play, I am still working with this guy, trying to improve and be creative, maybe add more moves, etc, so my request here is mostly to ask wh help balancing this guy, truth be told, I'm not the best when it comes to balancing stuff, so I'd be really thankful if some of you guys could take the time to test and help me out with that, feel free to leave any other suggestions of course, I'll gladly listen (or read) all of them and try my best to make something that is actually good.

With all that said, if you're willing to help out, or just want to test or have an extra boss in your roster cause why no, here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/mei5m77tkdissoy/Kyurem.zip/file.

And of course, some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Kyurem's remake/rework/overhaul/dunno :p WIP
#2  August 11, 2020, 09:31:21 am
    • Mexico
    • Reptorebanador@gmail.com
I just wanted to bump this ;)

not good?, uh, ok all right then, lets see... oh right here, new stuff:

So I decided to take a break from inkling to give kyurem some love based on a friends feedback, so there's a few tweaks compared to last version, lets see
- it now stops its current action for a short while when hit, this stops happening when it enables overdrive mode
- Some unused or repeated srprites were removed so he should be lighter :p
- a new hyper was added to every forme, t were in the old version, draco meteor and stealth rock, gray got breakign swipe
- some basic attacks were tweaked a little bit, the "sniper" atatck as I call it for example has more startup and has a visual indicator that kyurem is gonna use it
- I tried to give the code some order so i easier to read, so its now kinda split in sections, also a bunch of unused code was removed
- kyurem now uses sffv2 so no more act files for palletes
And that's what I can remember at the moment maybe something else changed but I forgot :p

If anyone is willing to check I'll gladly take any critisism that comes my way, that said, I'll leave once more (download link is still the same)