YesNoOk

All Character Updated to 2022 version (Read 111039 times)

Started by Sennou-Room, December 12, 2021, 07:58:41 am
Share this topic:
All Character Updated to 2022 version
#1  December 12, 2021, 07:58:41 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan

↓Updated again

Long time no see...
I didn't start creating new characters, but I fixed all my characters.
I also decided to upload Hibiki, which I updated in collaboration with RagingRowen.

Download↓ (All character Updated)
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjmNk5nC1nH-gQwO0T7KsgbKXRY2
Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 03:34:39 pm by Sennou-Room
Re: All Character Updated to 2022 version
#2  December 12, 2021, 11:20:10 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Glad to see it Sen'.

Got some feedback after playing the Hibiki update.

I'm not sure about the dampener when it comes to Normals to Specials or Supers. I suppose it makes sense for long chain combos, but without them (when they're turned) off the char suffers slightly in the damage department in contrast to chars from the likes of Jmorphman and the original PotS.
As an example, Hibiki's HP into QCF,p does around 100 damage, but with Jmorphman's Kyo it usually does around 150 damage.

If it's done with Chains in mind I understand but I like to turn them off for balance against CvS/PotS style chars as opposed to Infinite style ones.

I also feel like (With Chains off at least) most Light Normals should be mashable like CvS chars because it's just fun to do IMO.

I also wish EX I o Awasu Nari could be cancelled into because the launching part is cool but there isn't much use to it without combos.

EDIT: I also noticed K doesn't seem to to work for cancelling Chikayori te Kiru Nari.
Lastly, I think Shikabane o Koete Iku Nari should have more hitpause for the Root attacks because it's far too fast to keep track of.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 11:28:22 am by RagingRowen
#3  December 12, 2021, 10:33:24 pm
    • Brazil
Glad to see you're still active, your chars are all great.
#4  December 13, 2021, 02:38:21 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I got some small feedback for Donald and Kirito:
-The counter message doesn't appear when the opponent is hit while attacking by Throw Hamburgers, Emit Potatoes, Apple Bomb, Donald Magic and Scatter Hamburgers (It seems to happen mostly on projectiles).
-The explosion effect on Apple Bomb has shadows and reflections.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but the projectile hit sound and guard sound effects is lower on Emit Potatoes for some reason.
-The 2nd normal ground shockwave when any of your characters as the opponent hits the ground is layered incorrectly (Meaning that it's in the front of the opponent and not behind them).

Kirito:
-On his new running animation, there's a pixel on back of his coat on sprite (106,5).

I don't have any other feedback as there were already just as good, so the feedback is just regarding the new additions to them. As for your Dengeki Bunko characters, any plans to give them custom small portraits? Even though the faces fix the ratio, you can still tell those portrait are the ones from their sprites.

Also, I wonder what happened to the previous characters you shown off, but haven't released yet? If you haven't created new ones yet, were they scrapped? Just curious is all.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  February 03, 2022, 03:33:17 pm
    • Japan
Updated again.

Download↓ (All character Updated)
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjmNk5nC1nH-gQwO0T7KsgbKXRY2

- Added small portraits for DBFC chars.
- Changed the Parry, Tick Fix, and somethings...

EDIT: I also noticed K doesn't seem to to work for cancelling Chikayori te Kiru Nari.
Lastly, I think Shikabane o Koete Iku Nari should have more hitpause for the Root attacks because it's far too fast to keep track of.

She was able to temporarily cancel the attack, but she canceled it.
This is to prevent infinite combos.
Also increased the hit pause time.

I got some small feedback for Donald and Kirito:

I was able to notice the parts that I hadn't noticed before.
Almost all have been fixed.
The reason for lowering the volume of the hit sound is to prevent it from being annoying when a large number of projectiles are hit.
#6  February 04, 2022, 03:28:06 am
    • USA
Found a tiny bug on Donald after the update:
-The explosion effect on Apple Bomb and McShake when it makes contact with the opponent has no transparency (It will if it doesn't).

That's all.

The reason for lowering the volume of the hit sound is to prevent it from being annoying when a large number of projectiles are hit.
Gotcha. As for the shockwaves still layered incorrectly, I'll be more specific. This is what happens on any character you made after they touch the ground from Unhappy Meal:

This happens to both the 1st strong and 2nd normal shockwave as they're both layered in front as seen by the circle on Kirito. Right now, it is the only super out of all your characters that is inconsistent (Which are all layered behind them, regardless if they a normal or strong). On the 2022 updates, you started giving your characters their own dedicated shockwaves, wall bounces and sound effects. The reason it never happens to any character that isn't yours is because they're using the ones from the fightfx instead. I don't know how PotS style handles shockwaves and wall bounces since they usually just use the ones from the fightfx. Usually, the normal ones are layered behind while the strong is in the front as what M.U.G.E.N is programmed.

Also, I really like how the new small portraits for the DBFC characters turned out now that they don't stand out with other PotS characters anymore. Had you not have plans to, I could have helped you with that since I can make small portraits through Fighter Factory Studio's Image Editor. I currently have done it with Ichida on his takes on Miyuki and Tatsuya. You're more than welcome to use them for your versions if they share the same palette, but they don't seem to match the art style you're going for and are consistent with your other DBFC characters:

They still borrow influence from the sprites, but modified to try to resemble their big portraits and mostly to be consistent with OHMSBY's in mind then PotS.
Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 04:02:16 am by ZolidSone
#7  February 04, 2022, 04:22:37 pm
    • Japan
Updated again.
 - Fixed some bugs.
 - Changed the sprpriority of Ground / Wall Impact FXs.

Found a tiny bug on Donald after the update:
-The explosion effect on Apple Bomb and McShake when it makes contact with the opponent has no transparency (It will if it doesn't).

That's all.

Gotcha. As for the shockwaves still layered incorrectly, I'll be more specific. This is what happens on any character you made after they touch the ground from Unhappy Meal:

This happens to both the 1st strong and 2nd normal shockwave as they're both layered in front as seen by the circle on Kirito. Right now, it is the only super out of all your characters that is inconsistent (Which are all layered behind them, regardless if they a normal or strong). On the 2022 updates, you started giving your characters their own dedicated shockwaves, wall bounces and sound effects. The reason it never happens to any character that isn't yours is because they're using the ones from the fightfx instead. I don't know how PotS style handles shockwaves and wall bounces since they usually just use the ones from the fightfx. Usually, the normal ones are layered behind while the strong is in the front as what M.U.G.E.N is programmed.

Also, I really like how the new small portraits for the DBFC characters turned out now that they don't stand out with other PotS characters anymore. Had you not have plans to, I could have helped you with that since I can make small portraits through Fighter Factory Studio's Image Editor. I currently have done it with Ichida on his takes on Miyuki and Tatsuya. You're more than welcome to use them for your versions if they share the same palette, but they don't seem to match the art style you're going for and are consistent with your other DBFC characters:

They still borrow influence from the sprites, but modified to try to resemble their big portraits and mostly to be consistent with OHMSBY's in mind then PotS.

I'm playingtest with mugen1.1, so I didn't notice the bug that the effect wasn't transparent.
When I checked it with mugen1.0, I found that a problem really occurred, so I fixed it.

The shock wave appears in front of the character because it inherits the sprpriority value of the previous statedef.
This time, I responded by lowering the sprpriority value of the effects.

Also, the small portraits I added this time are made by me, but I may ask if I need your help.
Thanks.
#8  February 07, 2022, 02:24:46 am
    • USA
The shock wave appears in front of the character because it inherits the sprpriority value of the previous statedef.
This time, I responded by lowering the sprpriority value of the effects.

Also, the small portraits I added this time are made by me, but I may ask if I need your help.
Thanks.
The only reason I could see why you want your characters to have their own shockwaves is if you intentionally want to make the strong ground shockwave to be layered behind them and add envshake. The strong shockwave (72,0) on the fightfx is always programmed to be layered in front without envshake and it can't be changed through the engine. To be honest, it really does look better for that one to be layered behind.

No problem. Even through authors like Kohaku, beterhans, Ichida and Infantry00 already made Miyuki and/or Tatsuya respectively, I would still like to see your versions someday. Just because they are already made doesn't mean the style is the same and they will always have a place together with PotS/Infinite's character rosters. If you still want to make your own for them but use the portraits I already made as alternatives instead, that's fine with me too.
#9  August 11, 2022, 04:32:12 pm
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
Nice work as always!  BTW How's Kohaku coming along? 
Mysterious Warrior 777