YesNoOk

Rugal_E version 2 released (Read 16532 times)

Started by EvilSlayerX, May 30, 2008, 02:15:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Rugal_E version 1.5
#21  May 30, 2008, 09:28:03 pm
Only change things that really need changing. Feedback is great from other people because 3rd person perspective is great but as far as things like sparks and all that and its just a matter of personal choice.

Dont revamp the character fully because someone dislikes something about, because then it becomes not your character get it. Can't please everybody and never will thats why make something you truly want to.

But again fixing things up that they guys mentioned would be good and improve overall gameplay.

Yeah, I realize that actually.  I actually like the SFIII sparks myself, and they weren't hard to get from zweifuss' site at all, nor to put on my character, although I'm not the best at aligning such things though.

I see, and I already know a number of people here who will automatically dislike my character.  Because if you haven't known, it seems the JS Mugen forums doesn't like what I do at all.  And the fact that version .95 was insanely broken probably made someone popular on Youtube think I was completely incapable of fixing such problems, and thus that entire section of people said person controls will think that way.

What I was implying is that alot of people hated my character because the AI was broken, most people never check the gameplay at all, and if they do, not for very long at all.
#22  May 30, 2008, 09:42:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Only change things that really need changing. Feedback is great from other people because 3rd person perspective is great but as far as things like sparks and all that and its just a matter of personal choice.

Dont revamp the character fully because someone dislikes something about, because then it becomes not your character get it. Can't please everybody and never will thats why make something you truly want to.

But again fixing things up that they guys mentioned would be good and improve overall gameplay.

Yeah, I realize that actually.  I actually like the SFIII sparks myself, and they weren't hard to get from zweifuss' site at all, nor to put on my character, although I'm not the best at aligning such things though.

I see, and I already know a number of people here who will automatically dislike my character.  Because if you haven't known, it seems the JS Mugen forums doesn't like what I do at all.  And the fact that version .95 was insanely broken probably made someone popular on Youtube think I was completely incapable of fixing such problems, and thus that entire section of people said person controls will think that way.

What I was implying is that alot of people hated my character because the AI was broken, most people never check the gameplay at all, and if they do, not for very long at all.

Personaly you can take it how you want. A character in mugen can never be finished because of the possibilities you can do, but it can be pretty complete nonetheless. Providing betas and different versions before hand will probably leave many people disliking your character because its not finished you know. Also giving a character AI right away is stupid because I've noticed people judge a character by AI right away almost all the time.

What I would do is take time, screw releasing stupid betas and alphas and just try to make as a complete job as possible, then releasing. Try to eliminate as many problems by your self as you can. Accurate people will catch your mistakes w/o a doubt.

I like this Rugal. Im offensive and aggresive and I do things with your Rugal that I cant do with others thats why I like it. If I want more accurate Rugal play ill go play with Warusaki's. But in Mugen you're allowed to do everything and anything you want. But somethings you should follow and abide by to have less hassle and even save some feedback from people who are looking to tear you up.

Try that on your next work you will see the difference.
#23  May 30, 2008, 09:43:29 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Not bad for a first character. Besides the obvious technical issues, an easy fix to make him more enjoyable gameplay wise is to add a bit more pause time (more so for P1 when executing a launcher) and use the correct hitsparks and positioning. I personally don't like the pause between hypers to taunt or whatever. Try to remember that P2 would rather not sit through a long wait and it takes away from the flow of a battle (unless you have DBZ style cutscene animations for them....but I digress...) The update is much better in comparison though. I'm sure with each new creation you will only get better. Good job. :)

But somethings you should follow and abide by to have less hassle and even save some feedback from people who are looking to tear you up.

That's good advice. IMO
#24  May 30, 2008, 09:55:08 pm

Personaly you can take it how you want. A character in mugen can never be finished because of the possibilities you can do, but it can be pretty complete nonetheless. Providing betas and different versions before hand will probably leave many people disliking your character because its not finished you know. Also giving a character AI right away is stupid because I've noticed people judge a character by AI right away almost all the time.

What I would do is take time, screw releasing stupid betas and alphas and just try to make as a complete job as possible, then releasing. Try to eliminate as many problems by your self as you can. Accurate people will catch your mistakes w/o a doubt.

I like this Rugal. Im offensive and aggresive and I do things with your Rugal that I cant do with others thats why I like it. If I want more accurate Rugal play ill go play with Warusaki's. But in Mugen you're allowed to do everything and anything you want. But somethings you should follow and abide by to have less hassle and even save some feedback from people who are looking to tear you up.

Yeah, I know.  Why do you think people like P.o.t.s and Warusaki3 and 9 update their characters even now.  The only reason I release betas is to see if I'm messing up too much.  I do eliminate alot of problems, I don't like people who attempt to insult my character(Robertthesmall and WildTengu are just a few examples), but I know that I can't catch everything myself.

My character was for those who like Rugal, but don't like the countless accruate versions of him that currently exist.  And I usually put what I should do on a notepad text document so I don't forget.

Another thing is that I don't entirely know what correct positioning is at all, all I can do is guess.  Pause for the basic attacks, or everything?  And the pause is so the super sound can play completely before the attack starts.

I know I'm learning something actually, although some people will never think that way of me at all.
#25  May 30, 2008, 10:12:52 pm

Yeah, I know.  Why do you think people like P.o.t.s and Warusaki3 and 9 update their characters even now.  The only reason I release betas is to see if I'm messing up too much.  I do eliminate alot of problems, I don't like people who attempt to insult my character(Robertthesmall and WildTengu are just a few examples), but I know that I can't catch everything myself.

My character was for those who like Rugal, but don't like the countless accruate versions of him that currently exist.  And I usually put what I should do on a notepad text document so I don't forget.

Another thing is that I don't entirely know what correct positioning is at all, all I can do is guess.  Pause for the basic attacks, or everything?  And the pause is so the super sound can play completely before the attack starts.

I know I'm learning something actually, although some people will never think that way of me at all.

Who cares about what people think? If you're after the title of being known in Mugen then thats failure in my book. Make something you want w/o worried about what people will think. A more rewarding feeling comes from making something in Mugen for yourself. Creators who try to stimulate the crowd by flashy sparks and shet like that are fails and might never improve. Those who just chill about will produce better end product. Thats all im going to say in this matter and this thread as well.

This is my opinion that is all. Good work and good luck.
#26  May 30, 2008, 10:42:32 pm

Who cares about what people think? If you're after the title of being known in Mugen then thats failure in my book. Make something you want w/o worried about what people will think. A more rewarding feeling comes from making something in Mugen for yourself. Creators who try to stimulate the crowd by flashy sparks and shet like that are fails and might never improve. Those who just chill about will produce better end product. Thats all im going to say in this matter and this thread as well.

This is my opinion that is all. Good work and good luck.

I'm not after that title, because I clearly don't want to be like those popular elitists like XCB, Kung Fu Man and NeoKamek.  Indeed making it my way is more rewarding, and fun at that.
#27  May 30, 2008, 10:46:30 pm
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
My Newly Made GIF
#28  May 30, 2008, 11:03:59 pm
Hmm, thanks.  I'll use it when I get back to working on Rugal_E.  Right now, I'm just waiting for feedback and listing what changes I am going to do currently.  But not all of them will be in the next version, but most of them will.
#29  May 31, 2008, 01:09:28 am
  • there r no pretty girls in naruto, just HAWT HAKU
guys, guys, it's his first character. Be more gentle please  --;

its called feedback, and good thing Evilslayer is taking them all constructively, not Personally (coughcoughKongcoughcough)

besides, I like the char, thats why i gave all my honest to goodness feedback for it :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, if you want CVS2-ish power charge effects, I believe you can ask for POTS or Warusaki3's sprites. Heck, most people who create cvs-ish characters nowadays create their own effects as well.

also, New suggestion for a portrait:

Just for the sake of people who will download an update and for them not to complain LOLWTFUGLYPORTRAIT..
#30  May 31, 2008, 01:50:47 am
guys, guys, it's his first character. Be more gentle please  --;

its called feedback, and good thing Evilslayer is taking them all constructively, not Personally (coughcoughKongcoughcough)

besides, I like the char, thats why i gave all my honest to goodness feedback for it :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, if you want CVS2-ish power charge effects, I believe you can ask for POTS or Warusaki3's sprites. Heck, most people who create cvs-ish characters nowadays create their own effects as well.

also, New suggestion for a portrait:

Just for the sake of people who will download an update and for them not to complain LOLWTFUGLYPORTRAIT..

Well, I'm glad you like it actually.  I could rip one from a KoF game as well.  I might redo all of the palettes(I believe that 12 is too many, only like up to 6 are needed).

Ah yes, thanks.  But there is a two problems with that: The portrait needs to be 120x140 if I'm not mistaken.  And I don't know what program will not only help me resize the image without destroying the image quality, but get rid of the white background as well.
#31  May 31, 2008, 02:23:53 am
Yeah 120x140. Guys over at Mugen-Infantry can make one for you.
#32  May 31, 2008, 02:37:16 am
#33  May 31, 2008, 02:55:04 am
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
My Newly Made GIF
#34  May 31, 2008, 03:10:02 am
  • King of Sona
hmm a rushjob, but hope this helps
just save it as pcx
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#35  May 31, 2008, 03:10:41 am

Cybaster- How is a bright palette such a bad thing anyways?  And where would I get CvS2 power charge effects anyways?  That logic that mixing effects should be avoided at all costs seems to be really silly if you ask me, I don't get how that is bad at all.

Bright Palettes are bad because they don't look good, and again, Mixing effects isn't a good idea too, because again, it doesn't look good.  If I were to splash bright pink paint all over my room, and throw different colored splotches of paint everywhere, it'd look terrible.

Also, for CvS2 Power charge effects, check the resources forum.  I already gave you feedback on this so...
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#36  May 31, 2008, 03:18:21 am
Eh, Robert, I'll ignore you because you never clarify what you say at all.  And you are one those guys, who along with the purists, completely insulted my character, so there is really no reason to listen to the likes of you or any of your purist friends at all.

[E]-PEN15- Thanks, this should help.
#37  May 31, 2008, 03:19:55 am
Uh, no need to be a dick, I was just explaining stuff to you, in why bright palettes and mixing effects look bad.   To be honest, Mixing effects ISN'T bad... so long as they fit.  SF3 + CVS + KOF effects don't look too good together, because they don't blend good.
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#38  May 31, 2008, 03:32:12 am
Uh, no need to be a dick, I was just explaining stuff to you, in why bright palettes and mixing effects look bad.   To be honest, Mixing effects ISN'T bad... so long as they fit.  SF3 + CVS + KOF effects don't look too good together, because they don't blend good.

You see, thats the problem with you I think:  You say all of these things are bad and need to be avoided like the plague and expect people to completely understand what you are saying, when really, only the "elite" like Cybaster will understand such a thing.  What fits is different to nearly everyone except for people like and the rest of the Mugen elite, just to let you know.
#39  May 31, 2008, 03:44:27 am
Okay, I'll give you a physical example as of why such things clash.  Look at this.   See how the SF3 Hitsparks and the KoF firesparks don't look alike, and as such, they clash with each other?

Now look at this.  While this DOES have mixing effects (CvS2 and a KOF Super BG), both have been edited to fit.  That's what I'm trying to say.  Unless the effects match, or have been edited to match, they won't look good.
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#40  May 31, 2008, 03:48:08 am
Okay, I'll give you a physical example as of why such things clash.  Look at this.   See how the SF3 Hitsparks and the KoF firesparks don't look alike, and as such, they clash with each other?

Now look at this.  While this DOES have mixing effects (CvS2 and a KOF Super BG), both have been edited to fit.  That's what I'm trying to say.  Unless the effects match, or have been edited to match, they won't look good.

My main problem with that is that some attacks for my characters use sprites from completely different games because I can't find a good sprite in the same game.  So I use sprites from different games, knowing that alot of people will try to bash me for that alone.