YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221147 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1781  January 12, 2021, 10:23:27 pm
    • Brazil
It is a pity that they removed the double select screen option...
is there any specific reason? I really liked :(
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#1782  January 13, 2021, 02:50:10 am
    • USA
i literally dont think there was a reason lmao, because they ended up saying they will bring it back after that happened. im not sure when though since k4thos is taking a break now.
#1783  January 18, 2021, 07:08:32 pm
  • ScribblyTheCreator
  • Royality of Creator
    • Mexico
    • https://sites.google.com/view/scribblymugengamesandmore/main
Thanks To K4thos For The New IKEMEN Go!
#1784  February 06, 2021, 03:13:05 pm
    • USA
Anyone know where to find a tutorial on converting 1.1 or winm screenpacks to ikemen go?
#1785  February 14, 2021, 11:39:05 pm
    • USA
Nice, Ikemen has gotten so much advanced now! Although I do want a different lifebar instead of the default one because the one I have probably needs to change it's settings to show Players 5-8 lifebars and I don't know how to do it. Oh well I'm already happy seeing Players 5-8 lifebars. Its been so long since I last touched it though so I hope my current game hasn't crashed lol.

Edit: Yay it still works!! although... my Blazblue Crosstag style Kirby made by OHMSBY doesn't work at all using Tag mode.... but yay! I will just have to do something about it. lol
Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:21:50 am by Yuias
#1786  February 25, 2021, 04:39:18 pm
    • Mexico
Hello greetings, could someone tell me how I can change the scale the size of the image of the stage portrait

!E

#1787  February 25, 2021, 04:46:03 pm
    • Canada
Hello greetings, could someone tell me how I can change the scale the size of the image of the stage portrait

open system.def

look for:

;Stage portraits
;stage.portrait.anim =                      ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.spr = 9000,1                ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.offset = -120, -142         ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.scale = 1,1                 ;Ikemen feature
#1788  February 25, 2021, 05:58:19 pm
    • Mexico
open system.def

look for:

;Stage portraits
[/quote]

It is still bad, it is not possible to look at the entire stage, only a small painting comes out

it's wrong ?

;Stage select
stage.pos = 160,237
stage.active.font = 3,0,0
stage.active2.font = 3,2  ;Second font color for blinking
stage.done.font = 3,0

;Stage portraits
;stage.portrait.offset = -60,-66            ;Ikemen feature
;stage.portrait.scale = 0.5, 0.5            ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.bg.anim = 110               ;Ikemen feature
;stage.portrait.bg.spr =                    ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.bg.offset = -75, -71        ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.bg.scale = 1.0, 1.0         ;Ikemen feature
;stage.portrait.random.anim =               ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.random.spr = 111, 0         ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.random.offset = -45, -65    ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.random.scale = 1.0, 1.0     ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.window = 115, 172, 205, 223 ;Ikemen feature

!E

#1789  February 25, 2021, 08:09:09 pm
    • Canada

It is still bad, it is not possible to look at the entire stage, only a small painting comes out

this line of code : stage.portrait.scale = 1,1 << is resizing the existing image.

if you want to see the entire stage, you need to make your own image and save it into the stage .sff file, make sure its in group 9000 and index 1

example image below.

Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 08:12:44 pm by !E
#1790  February 25, 2021, 08:39:55 pm
    • Mexico

this line of code : stage.portrait.scale = 1,1 << is resizing the existing image.

if you want to see the entire stage, you need to make your own image and save it into the stage .sff file, make sure its in group 9000 and index 1

example image below.

Nothing happens, the stage still comes out the same size

which command is wrong?

;Stage select
stage.pos = 600,579
stage.active.font = 3,0,0
stage.active2.font = 3,2  ;Second font color for blinking
stage.done.font = 3,0

;Stage portraits
stage.portrait.spr = 9000,7                ;Ikemen feature
stage.scale = 0.55,0.55
stage.portrait.bg.offset = -75, -71        ;Ikemen feature
tage.portrait.scale = 1,1
;stage.portrait.bg.scale = 1.0, 1.0         ;Ikemen feature

stage.active.font = 4,0,0
stage.active2.font = 4,0,0
stage.done.font = 4,0,0
stage.portrait.offset =  -351,-224

stage.portrait.bg.spr= 195,0; anim = 110               ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.bg.offset = -510, -220        ;Ikemen feature
;stage.portrait.bg.scale = 1.0, 1.0         ;Ikemen feature

stage.portrait.random.spr = 3502,0         ;Ikemen feature
stage.portrait.random.offset = -160, -223    ;Ikemen feature
;stage.portrait.random.scale = 1.0, 1.0     ;Ikemen feature

I don't know if it is because my screenpack is localcoord = 1280,720

Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 08:53:47 pm by Smoker5
#1791  February 25, 2021, 10:41:35 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
it's because you messed up on the code yo

it says "tage.portrait.scale = 1,1" in every instance there
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#1792  February 27, 2021, 05:22:02 am
    • Mexico
then how is it?
#1793  February 27, 2021, 05:30:10 am
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/

Creator of the IKEMEN Go Command List Generator and its successor, Iguana.
Also, I make 3D stage ports for Ikemen GO. You can find my stages here. :heart:
#1794  February 27, 2021, 04:06:24 pm
    • Mexico

How strange if I put the letter S to the stage, it doesn't know but if I leave it tage if you look at the stage
#1795  March 02, 2021, 08:19:57 pm
    • Russia
Hi everyone. Could anybody explain how to make proper character zooming with current version of Ikemen Go? With MUGEN I am using Zoom sctrl + some vars but here it leads to some problems with camera position. Hit boxes of character and his helpers (normal helpers) shifted randomly from original position and camera follows them instead of character while zoom sctrl active. I understand that probably Zoom sctrl still not fully supported but maybe someone have any solution regarding this topic.
#1796  March 04, 2021, 12:43:53 am
    • Mexico
#1797  March 04, 2021, 06:10:42 pm
    • Mexico
Does anyone know how I can repair this error that the life bar is not seen I know that it is the char that gives this problem but I do not know what command to move to the char   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqWyUmj2b8I
#1798  March 06, 2021, 06:48:00 am
    • USA
    • avoryx@yahoo.com
I just started like a week ago, and I'm using 0.96.
I get a stutter frame pretty regularly.
I'm on a pretty beefy pc, so I'm not sure what's causing this.
#1799  March 07, 2021, 06:23:57 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Hi, I'm new to Ikemen Go. I got it by downloading 'Ikemen_GO_Win_x64.zip' from AppVeyor but it is not working. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I'm using Windows 10 and Ikemen Go doesn't run at all, not even an error message, nothing happens when I run it. I tried Windows 8 compatibility mode but still didn't work. Thank you for your time.

EDIT - It's ok I fixed it. Some laptops use two graphics cards which are sort of active at the same time. Mine defaults to Intel HD Graphics 3000 for most software but I changed my Nvidia settings to run Ikemen Go so now it works.

Different topic - Are characters made for Ikemen Go just made the same ways they are for Mugen? Or are there differences? I can't find any documentation.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:57:06 pm by FrozenDelight
#1800  March 11, 2021, 05:31:54 am
    • USA
I have the fix for the OpenGL GLSL Shader bug.

https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO/issues/153

I have the fix! At least a workaround.

So, the problem is that Ikemen Go is a "context-unaware application." Which, from my understanding, means that it's not programmed to actually check which version of OpenGL you're running.

As a result, either the program (or maybe the OS?) defaults to running a version below what the Ikemen Go engine actually needs.

This means that even though you have a graphic card that can run the program, the program doesn't check to see if that's true and just assumes you don't and then reports a false error message instead because it's trying to run the program as OpenGL 3.0 for "maximum compatibility." Which is ironic, because that breaks the program.

So, here is what you actually need to do. You need to open the program through a Terminal and add this string in front of the program to force the program to realize that your card can actually run it.

So, first, navigate your Terminal to the folder your Ikemen Go binary is stored in.

cd /home/username/Downloads/Ikemen_Go_Linux

Or, you know, wherever you have your program stored.

Then, run the fallowing command in Terminal.

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3 ./Ikemen_GO_linux

For mac people, you'll have to edit this line to tell it to open the mac binary.

This will force the engine to open with OpenGL 4.3 instead of 3.0 and the engine will open without crashing and run perfectly fine. At least, that's what fixed it for me.

I was able to just use 4.3 like in the example to get it working. You might have to poke around with versions until you find something your card supports and Ikemen Go can run on.

I don't know programming, but what needs to be done now on the programming side of things is to tell the engine to actually check which version of OpenGL you have so that it can run. I don't know if there is a way to have it probe the OS and get that information or what. But, something about Ikemen Go doesn't bother to check, apparently.

This is where I sourced the solution from.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/850900/why-is-my-opengl-version-stuck-at-3-0-despite-new-hardware-software

UPDATE

I have found a solution to this problem that works for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

"export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5

If the problem is solved, store this
for the user in ~/.bashrc or system wide in /etc/profile
If saving changes is not sufficient, use rootcopy.
Check if being set with printenv"

I found it from here.

https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?t=9109

So, here is what I did. I did not do user, instead I did system.

I did sudo nano /etc/profile

Then, at the very bottom, I added the line "export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3"

I did 4.3 instead of 4.5 because 4.3 is what was working for me in Konsole.

I then restarted my computer.

IKEMEN GO now launches when double clicked within its folder without having to open it from Terminal with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3" in front of it every time because the whole system is now told to open programs in 4.3 as default instead of 3.0. Minetest also runs under 4.3 instead of 3.0 now. This is how I know it's for the whole system. IKEMEN GO now launches, where before it didn't. Minetest did launch, and still does. But, once in Minetest, the top of the window shows what version of Open GL it's running and now it says 4.3 instead of 3.0.

I don't know if this will work for mac computers. I don't know if this is caused by IKEMEN GO or the Operating System or the Driver.

I will say that this is an important issue to fix as it lets people run the program on GNYU + Linux Operating Systems and older hardware that is completely capable of running it.

My best guess, at this point, is that for whatever reason the modern OS or graphic driver doesn't really understand by default what these older Intel Chips are capable of graphically and so chooses to run under 3.0 for "maximum compatibility" even thought the chip is actually capable of far more.

So, again, the solution for me was simple. Simply add that line to /etc/profile at the bottom and reboot and the entire system now forces programs to open in Open GL 4.3 instead of the 3.0 default.

I don't know if anything can be done IKEMEN GO side to probe the system and correct this. But, considering it's an OS default that is getting in the way I don't have high hopes that there is anything that can be done. If I remember correctly, I think the Konsole itself would report 3.0 as the version by default because of the badly chosen default. So, even if IKEMEN GO did or does probe the OS, the OS is lying to it and telling it 3.0 when higher versions work just fine. So, maybe the only solution to this is to manually set a system level override like I did. Or, a user level one like I didn't try yet.
Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 06:21:58 am by EVILED