YesNoOk

X-Men: Children of the Atom Plus WIP Project (Read 9186 times)

Started by Yang, December 24, 2008, 10:00:15 am
Share this topic:
X-Men: Children of the Atom Plus WIP Project
#1  December 24, 2008, 10:00:15 am
I've been working on a project called X-Men: Children of the Atom Plus. On one hand, it's a port of CotA to MUGEN but it also will add some stuff as well. For instance, you can play as characters such as Gambit, Rogue and Juggernaut, who were not in the original CotA. And these versions of the characters won't be straight ports from the games they appeared in, but totally rebalanced for CotA Plus. In the end, this will have mostly every X-Men character who's appeared in a Capcom 2D Fighter. The battle system will also be updated with things that were added in later VS. games and such.

Planned Roster is...

Storm
Cyclops
Wolverine
Omega Red
Sentinal
Iceman
Collosus
Psylocke
Silver Samurai
Spiral
Magneto
Juggernaut
Gambit
Rogue
Sabretooth

Characters who might also be in this are...

Phoenix/Jean Grey
Jubilee
Beast
Nightcrawler

Now, before we move on, most of the characters in this game will be downloaded and not by me. However, the AI, sff, cns and stuff will be so heavily modified you won't be able to tell the difference. But anyways, when the beta of this comes out, I'll include a list of the authors of the characters.

Moving on, here are some screenshots. As I've just started it's very WIP. Lifebars still have to be done and the font still has to be done, as well as a ton of other things.

Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee
Re: X-Men: Children of the Atom Plus WIP Project
#2  December 24, 2008, 10:23:56 am
  • Proud Pinoy
Cool project. I for one am a fan of Marvel and the X-Men. You might want to redo the screenpack and I would love to help you in lifebars, miscellaneous crap, etc. :D Good luck BTW!
#3  December 24, 2008, 10:51:18 am
    • www.angelfire.com/moon2/ned
I hope that you finish this because the project looks like it has potential, if you have knowlege with coding AI it would be nice to have the same difficulty as the orginal COTA had (well as far as the sega saturn version goes). Btw whats the percentage completion on each of your characters?

#4  December 25, 2008, 03:20:55 am
  • Proud Pinoy
Now, before we move on, most of the characters in this game will be downloaded and not by me.

LOL, I thought you were coding all the characters yourself. :/ That would be suggestible because it's not really your entire project if this was to happen. Were you granted permission to use these characters?
#5  December 25, 2008, 10:10:30 am
    • www.angelfire.com/moon2/ned
Now, before we move on, most of the characters in this game will be downloaded and not by me.

LOL, I thought you were coding all the characters yourself. :/ That would be suggestible because it's not really your entire project if this was to happen. Were you granted permission to use these characters?

i missed that part oh well, good luck with the project anyway.  :-\

And yeah its always good to get permission from the actual creators of the characters.
#6  December 26, 2008, 12:56:26 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Did somebody say "X-Men"?! ViToRiA ran a forum about a X-Men project, but it never got off the ground.
#7  December 26, 2008, 01:35:43 am

Exactly, downloading and recoding. First off, the sff's will be modified, adding stuff that's needed for an X-Men:Cota like game. Win portraits will also be changed. The characters will be modified to play how they did in Cota. The CNS and SND files will also be modified. In the end, when it's released you won't be able to tell anyway. But in respect, I will list a list of the original character authors, although if you download their versions, they'll be totally different than the ones in the game.
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee
#8  December 26, 2008, 02:18:00 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Well, Children of the Atom had Akuma in it has a hidden character (a balanced version mind you), so I recommend adding him. Since CotA Akuma is based off of his Super Turbo counterpart, you can use my Super Turbo Akuma as a base if you like. Or, alternatively, I'll make CotA Akuma instead for your project.
#9  January 01, 2009, 08:58:04 pm
  • -- Death Before Dishonor --
sounds like a stellar project. i was wondering, are you going to make cyclops CoTA-perfect too? i never liked his beam animations past CoTA, especially his mega optic blast, because it looked too fake and lazy. in CoTa his beam animations were totally fluid and beautiful, even the beam-hit splash animations as well. i was just wanting to ask..cuz ive actually been trying to find a CoTA-perfect cyclops, and if it means i have to download your game (which im sure will be great) just to use him, ill do it in a heart beat! keep up the good work!
"Dere's always more gaytas in de ba'yoo....."

"The absence of wrath is an impediment to utilizing your true strength..."