YesNoOk

James and Mike from Cinemassacre playing MUGEN (Read 5282 times)

Started by bubilovescars, September 17, 2018, 11:32:25 pm
Share this topic:
James and Mike from Cinemassacre playing MUGEN
#1  September 17, 2018, 11:32:25 pm
James Rolfe (Angry Video Game Nerd) and Mike Matei playing MUGEN.

Re: James and Mike from Cinemassacre playing MUGEN
#2  September 18, 2018, 12:15:03 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
It's a shame they mostly played with shitty content.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  September 18, 2018, 03:23:07 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I know Mike played it on the CinemassacrePlays channel sometime ago and he was playing with crappy characters as well.  I haven't watched this video yet, though.
#4  September 18, 2018, 03:53:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Aren't all popular streamers intentionally given terrible Mugen packs for their commentary on the absurd ill-fitting nature of it?  Heck, Vinesauce has its own full game pack, sorta, and it's not exceedingly better than this gathering.

It sure would be nice if someone pointed them in the direction of something better with more effort like The Black Heart or Z2's creations, but then there's less for them to make fun of, which is the nature of their streams.  Of course, could send both with some little documentation on the distinction between how much effort you put into the engine turning out what kind of product, a fully thought-out game or SaltyBets, but I'd imagine most don't really care.

More viewers would enjoy Geese Howard fighting Captain Caveman than analysis of the hard work and detail that went into a fan project.  It is all just a hobby for some nonsensical fun after all.
Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:59:17 am by Long John Killer
#5  September 18, 2018, 04:18:34 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Given how much of a horror fan James is, I'm sure he'd love The Black Heart and I'm sure he'd have a lot of fun stuff to say about it.
#6  September 18, 2018, 04:35:31 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Vinesauce has its own full game pack, sorta, and it's not exceedingly better than this gathering.

That pack's quality is all over the place.  It has ryouwin's old Robocop, drowin's Kenshiro, warusaki's Jotaro and Dio, Jailbot, a Link with CD-I voices and an intentionally cheating AI, a clumsy Spider-Man spewing pizza everywhere, Giygas (fhwdgads's version, not The_None's), Pope Benedict, and an extremely custom Roa.

And I fucking love it.
#7  September 18, 2018, 06:00:02 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Is James /ourguy/?
#8  September 18, 2018, 07:20:16 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Just finished watching.  From a MUGEN contributor's perspective, the whole thing's a shitshow with the characters of extremely varying quality (leaning on the low side, though), Dark Souls lifebar, foreign language versions of western cartoon theme songs as stage musics, and Super Big Bird going on an unstoppable rampage; but they still had fun with it anyway, and as a great man once said: "If it's not fun, why bother?"

That AVGN character needs a ton more work and improvement, though; as a comparison of edits of Melty Blood characters based on internet guys, it's nowhere near the quality of Vinesauce Joel.

lui

#9  September 18, 2018, 07:49:38 am
    • USA
they dont normally play fighting games. these dudes wanted to play mugen for the wacky shit. most average people that dont play fighting games normally would. I know theyre promoting the shittier side but we cant fault them for playing with what they thought would appeal to them and would be fun.

not everyone wants to be absolutely serious with the engine, and thats fine. as long as everyone has fun in the end thats what matter really.
#10  September 18, 2018, 05:06:39 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I don't mind them having fun with a crappy random pack of characters of varying quality, so long as the context is there.

I've spoken about MUGEN to many people who like fighting games/games in general and I always get the same comment from those who HAVE heard of it before I brought it up: "Oh, yeah. It's that crazy fighting game with all those crazy and silly overpowered moves and Homer Simpson and Peter from Family Guy?". These guys are in exactly the same boat.

Even in Hyper Dragon Ball Z videos you hear people saying stuff like "This game was made in MUGEN of all things! Wow!" like they believe quality and MUGEN are mutually exclusive.

Context. That's all I wish for. It's a shame, really...
#11  September 18, 2018, 05:55:35 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That's exactly my thoughts, I don't have any problem with people having fun with whatever they want, but is sad that Mugen has that stigma when you have great stuff built in it, like Babel Sword, HBDZ, Vans' stuff, Scal and such.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#12  September 18, 2018, 06:33:29 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
The only thing I have to say is: Here comes a storm of newbies that will most likely drop the engine.
#13  September 18, 2018, 07:21:59 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Welp, that's sad.
#14  September 19, 2018, 04:10:26 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#15  September 19, 2018, 10:40:50 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
After having seen the video, it was quite fun to see their reactions to these shoddy characters.  They seemed to like Super Big Bird the most XD

I saw a few decent and good characters in the compilation as well.  Don't think they were showcased.
#16  September 19, 2018, 03:46:17 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Well it was hilarious seeing a Sesame Street character with Goku's Brazilian voices, and the two guys reactions to the whole thing!
#17  September 19, 2018, 06:29:28 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Someone link to Guild there so we can breathe some life into this forum.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller