YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4718614 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Carmine Quick Update (6/6/21)
#521  June 10, 2021, 02:03:06 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
Had to test Jin again, and I found that most of characters with parry (CvS2/PotS style/SF3 chars) can escape Jin's Astral
https://streamable.com/1xkmoh

same thing applies to EVERYONE... i suggest that you should put the p2stateno = **** thingy.

EDIT: not everyone actually, but you know what i mean.

Another EDIT: Yumi's Demonic Destruction Target state has no facep2 or something like that, gaining a problem in the process like flying in the opposite direction. it is possible that some of these characters suffer the exact same thing.
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:48:03 pm by Mushypepito123
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Jin Quick Update (6/10/21)
#522  June 10, 2021, 02:45:40 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Had to test Jin again, and I found that most of characters with parry (CvS2/PotS style/SF3 chars) can escape Jin's Astral
https://streamable.com/1xkmoh

Fixed.

Jin
-Fixed an error where Jin would continue with his astral heat upon hitting anything other than the opponent

Yumi's update will come later since she's going to have some more substantial changes.

#523  June 10, 2021, 09:19:33 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
It kinda bothers me how Meta Knight's counter can both be used with and without meter, it isn't supposed to be used without meter instead?
#524  June 10, 2021, 10:55:17 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
It kinda bothers me how Meta Knight's counter can both be used with and without meter, it isn't supposed to be used without meter instead?
You're not refering to the Dead Angle attack are you? cause every char that OHMSBY made has that, and that ONLY works if you have at least 1000 power and pressing the light punch (rapid cancelling button) while guarding normally on ground (that includes meta knight too).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Jin and Meta Knight Quick Update (6/10/21)
#525  June 11, 2021, 12:51:08 am
    • USA
He was talking about his EX Special, Galactic Counter, and how it could be used even without having the required amount of meter.

It's fixed now.

Meta Knight
-Fixed an error where Galactic counter could be used without having at least 500 meter.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Jin and Meta Knight Quick Update (6/10/21)
#526  June 11, 2021, 08:25:40 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Looks like Jin isn't the only one who had Astral parry bug, but your two characters: Susanoo and Kirby.

I used Jmorphman's PotS style chars and there are no issues, but it only affects on JtheSaltyy's CvS Reimagined chars.

Parrying Susanoo's Astral can cause the game slow or (sometimes) crash.

Parrying Kirby's Astral will allow him (P2) to move until he gets hit by an unblockable attack.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kirby and Susano'o Quick Update (6/11/21)
#527  June 12, 2021, 01:22:47 am
    • USA
Fixed.

Kirby and Susano'o
-Fixed an error where the Astral Heat would continue upon hitting anything other than the opponent.

#528  June 13, 2021, 01:23:30 am
    • Philippines
I remember you mentioning about whenever you work on a new character, you were also trying something new with the coding. I guess the new mechanics and aesthetics are part of working on Homura?
#529  June 13, 2021, 02:05:13 am
    • USA
#530  June 13, 2021, 02:12:49 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
#531  June 13, 2021, 03:25:00 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So these are the round of updates you were talking about. If you pushed Kirby and Susano'o updates already just to fix the astral heats, you must have not got around to them yet. And after seeing the videos, I didn't think you would actually change the aesthetics completely on the distortion drives and the astral heats. Were you not happy with the current ones? Because that's a big change aesthetic wise.

I should mention that the opponent's get hit animation is slightly lower for half a second on Yang's Too Hot to Handle when they hit the ground. It's fine on 66B however.

Also do let me know when you plan to update Kirby again with the new mechanics and aesthetic changes, I looked at the copy abilities again a while ago and realized Lucina is listed as trigger50 even though Bishamon has already taken it. Figured you can start adding the rest of the other Super Smash Bros. Ultimate characters too since the possibility is there with your Meta Knight. I also kinda thought about changing Mario Mario to have Bomb instead of Fire as he's has a super using a Bomb and would fit much better after playing him again.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#532  June 13, 2021, 03:25:16 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
https://streamable.com/tc7w61
https://streamable.com/5tk6vm
https://streamable.com/3zpe8s
https://streamable.com/ebc0b4
https://streamable.com/f2wriq
I am so freakin READY!

I didn't think you would actually change the aesthetics completely on the distortion drives and the astral heats. Were you not happy with the current ones? Because that's a big change aesthetic wise.
I could say the same thing, but i'm guessing these background FX look like they could be more lighter than the GG ones (if thats true, then thats a good chunk of megabytes saved :3 ). Not to mention that some these new features work pretty similar to Nep Hearts gen 1 chars, which seems legit AF. I also like the super FX, was this custom made?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#533  June 14, 2021, 06:18:41 am
    • USA
I didn't think you would actually change the aesthetics completely on the distortion drives and the astral heats. Were you not happy with the current ones? Because that's a big change aesthetic wise.
I could say the same thing, but i'm guessing these background FX look like they could be more lighter than the GG ones (if thats true, then thats a good chunk of megabytes saved :3 ). Not to mention that some these new features work pretty similar to Nep Hearts gen 1 chars, which seems legit AF. I also like the super FX, was this custom made?

The super BG is a modified version of the one from Daemon Bride. It actually consists of just a few sprites that are constantly being warped via modifyexplod, and made to change color for specific situations via remappal. There wasn't really anything wrong with the GG super background, aside from certain character specific color variants not looking particularly great, I just wanted to try something new is all.
#534  June 14, 2021, 12:35:59 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
The super BG is a modified version of the one from Daemon Bride. It actually consists of just a few sprites that are constantly being warped via modifyexplod, and made to change color for specific situations via remappal. There wasn't really anything wrong with the GG super background, aside from certain character specific color variants not looking particularly great, I just wanted to try something new is all.
There's nothing with you trying something new. But other authors like Ichida or k6666orochi would now have to spend time adding the new mechanics and aesthetics to their characters to make them up to date with yours. To tell you the truth, it's also kinda why I haven't made much progress with mine yet and been slacking off a bit behind the scenes. But I'm always still keeping up and active with feedback still.

Back to the videos, I saw the "Invalid" message and what exactly happens when you get that? Is this some kind of new mechanic that causes damage reduction to the opponent or just simply for show? I know Robo-Weiss would punish the player if you attempt a loop on the same combo, not sure how would it work on all your characters. No explanation needed for "Not Over Yet" as it's looks like a very useful mechanic for a bad situation.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#535  June 15, 2021, 04:16:49 am
    • USA
The Invalid Message doesn't have any additional effects, it just lets you know that the opponent could have recovered during your combo. It's a pretty common feature in Arcsys fighters.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Homura Released + 11 Characters Updated (6/20/21)
#536  June 20, 2021, 11:40:19 pm
    • USA
Homura has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Homura here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15mtxtvVtyyIsgk4vq7wv0iBXgDPPOg-Z/view?usp=sharing

Also, Ragna, Kirby, Yu Narukami, Yumi, Akatsuki, Susano'o, Blitztank, Maid Taiga, Hyde, Thief Arthur, and Carmine have all received a major update:
All 11 Characters:
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
  -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
    -All Distortion Drives deal 20% more damage (Stacks with Ultra Burst's damage buff)
    -Immediately Gain 500 Meter
    -Slowly gain meter overtime
    -Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
  -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
  -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Ground throw now has 5 frames of startup, Dash Grab now has 3 frames of startup
-Stationary, Forward, and air dodges now have less invul time against physical attacks
-Invul time upon air recovery lasts a little longer and control is regained a little sooner
-Distortion Drives can now be triggered with any combination of A, B, and C rather than just A+B (Example: QCF B+C, QCB A+C)
-Changed default Liedown time to 15 frames
-A red X now appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable
-Added an Invalid Combo Indicator
-General Aesthetic Changes

Ragna, Yu, Akatsuki, Susano'o, Blitztank, and Thief Arthur:
-5C is now special cancelable on hit

Kirby:
-Added more characters and variants to the Copy Ability list and corrected a few typos

Yu Narukami:
-Minor Frame Data adjustments

Maid Taiga:
-Increased 5C's frame disadvantage on block

Yumi:
-Fixed an error where the opponent would be launched the wrong way when hitting them with Dance of Blades from behind
-Added special intro against Homura

Carmine:
Fixed an error where SPIN! can't be used if the projectile was deleted by other means

Ragna's Japanese voice patch has also been updated.

For the sake of convenience, you can download all of the updated characters in one zip file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IRtL-K_PC1RC1HlFbbh4-8QBXGohayvW/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.
#537  June 21, 2021, 01:05:04 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I'm betting that all of the characters will be updated before the release of Piranha Plant around next month. You really are popping out characters quite well.
#538  June 21, 2021, 03:27:52 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#539  June 21, 2021, 03:36:52 am
    • Philippines
Good_Wall533 may have to update his JP voice patch for Yumi. She stays silent during her special intro with Homura.
#540  June 21, 2021, 05:30:30 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Homura has been released.

Also, Ragna, Kirby, Yu Narukami, Yumi, Akatsuki, Susano'o, Blitztank, Maid Taiga, Hyde, Thief Arthur, and Carmine have all received a major update:

Have fun.

Ah, Homura & the updates are great so far.
...Although i did notice that Yu’s Awakening portrait
doesn’t show up for me when doing standalone Ultra Burst anymore,
despite it still being in the character files. Is this intentional?

Also, what is the font that’s used for the Astral Heat text?