YesNoOk

Kazuya Mishima (PotS/DW) by RagingRowen and ReddBrink (Read 10910 times)

Started by RagingRowen, September 22, 2020, 12:27:39 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Kazuya Mishima (PotS/DW) by RagingRowen and ReddBrink
#21  January 21, 2021, 07:02:34 PM
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Kazuya's super fun in this style, holy whoa. There's so much impact and weight to his moves and everything feels so smooth. No bugs to report, but I do have a few bits of other feedback to mention:

- Left/Right Splits Kick and Slaughter Hook should be overheads.
- Slaughter High Kick is unsafe on hit.
- Twin Fang Stature Smash should be cancelable, I'm pretty sure it was in SFxT?
- Devil Beam should have a faster start-up to make it easier to link into other things, imo.
    - Also, Devil Beam should have armor, but not Autoguard during the start-up like it in Tekken 7, rather than being completely invincible.
    - The laser in Devil Beam is misaligned, making it look like it's coming from the side of his head rather than his forehead.
Edit: One last thing I want to suggest: I think Demon God Fist should have Kazuya move forward during the windup of the punch instead of at the punch itself.
Edit 2: Something else I just noticed: The QCB+Punch moves, Dragon Uppercut follow-ups and Spinning Demon Hook don't deal any chip damage, and he also doesn't have a voice for charging up or reaching max level.
Edit 3: Not feedback, just wanted to post the combos I discovered here too, lol.

https://streamable.com/homcof
https://streamable.com/6wcmj3
https://streamable.com/1jirjx

I'm absolutely digging this character. He's beyond super fun to play around with and discover new things with him.
Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:31:01 AM by PRØJECT.13
#22  January 25, 2021, 07:58:07 PM
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
this is some pretty good stuff, rowen.

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#23  January 25, 2021, 09:48:50 PM
  • Release it god darn it!
    • UK
Kazuya updated to v1.4, folkies, attending to Project's feedback.

Super Armor added to Devil Beam. The only issue I've found is that the Counter FX appears if P2 hits him during the Armor phase. It happened with Infinite's Setsuna (Which I got it from) when he attacks with it on, so I'm not complaining just yet.

Some more responses:
- Stature Smash, if you're talking about the kick, doesn't cancel. The second hit does though as it's shared with Demon Slayer's.
- Less startup frames for Devil Beam would be too generous because of the damage output.
- I added a Full Charge voice. I think the Charge itself is fine without one because of the animation used.

Thanks, peeps. Expect some new shit soon.
#24  January 27, 2021, 03:47:19 AM
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Fair about the lack of charge voice, but big thanks for fixing up the other things I had mentioned. All the issues are resolved and he feels much more solid.

One last thing, I made another new bunch of custom palettes for him lol.

Spoiler: Spoilered for amount (click to see content)

Can't wait to see what else you'll bring to the table.

Edit: Just realized the armor properties after Devil Beam goes away are a little weird: The armor is gone but his CLSN are still light blue and every hit counts twice. It doesn't do anything else, like it doesn't make him take different amounts of damage or anything [Edit 2: Disregard that, the armor properties still persist, but it seems to be very sporadic and random when it does.], but hit sounds do play twice over each other now.
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:23:53 AM by PRØJECT.13
#25  January 27, 2021, 08:12:49 PM
  • Release it god darn it!
    • UK
I hopefully fixed the Super Armor issue in the latest update. Redownload.

Thanks for the pals btw. Could you supply them as .act files? They're not in the latest update, but I used the JZ PNG to ACT tool for the pre-existing ones.
#26  January 27, 2021, 10:09:42 PM
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
#27  January 28, 2021, 01:52:20 PM
  • Trying some POTS/Infinite type stuff...
  • A.K.A. NED
Still testing.
I'm not the best to notice gameplay problems etc.

But, I think his taunt can pause few more ticks.

the way colors are displayed in his crouch MK could be a bit better (I might give it a try later if the problem is still here)
pretty easy to fix, but not that fast.

-Kotaro on hold. advanced coding makes process longer to me.
-Other character projects in mind + possible sprite upgrade...
MOE : I'm an important character, I deserve to be converted into POTS. YANG : Hmm... I don't think so.