YesNoOk

Kevin Conroy has passed away (Read 11568 times)

Started by Saohc, November 11, 2022, 08:34:13 pm
Share this topic:
Kevin Conroy has passed away
#1  November 11, 2022, 08:34:13 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Batman actor Kevin Conroy has died at 66 after a "short battle with cancer," his representatives confirmed on Friday. He was best known for voicing DC's iconic superhero in Batman: The Animated Series and the Arkham video games.

After starting his career on stage (he played Hamlet in 1984) and showing up in TV shows like Dynasty, Another World and Cheers, Conroy was cast in a career-defining role as Batman, with the animated series kicking off in 1992. 

"Kevin's warm heart, delightfully deep laugh and pure love of life will be with me forever," Andrea Romano, the director who cast Conroy in the role, said in a statement.  

He also played the superhero in DC's followup shows Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, in addition to several animated movies like the incredible Mask of the Phantasm. He portrayed a live-action version of the character in the Arrowverse's 2019 Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event. 

Earlier this year, Conroy wrote a deeply personal story for DC Pride 2022 comic anthology about how coming out as gay helped him find his voice as Bruce Wayne's alter-ego.
https://www.cnet.com/culture/entertainment/beloved-batman-actor-kevin-conroy-dies-at-66-following-cancer-battle/

I'll admit I only saw clips of the Animated Series, but I remember him from playing the Arkham games as a teenager.
Maybe like I did with Berserk earlier this year, now would be a good time to watch the animated series in full, in honor of his memory.

Cancer can feck off
Re: Kevin Conroy has passed away
#2  November 11, 2022, 09:11:59 pm
RIP Ol' Classic yet the voice of the dark knight. Me and my bro used to watched the TAS and still holds up. Coincidence, i just finished the Beyond saga this year and boy.... What a series and a animated movie.
Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 09:17:48 pm by GTAguy
#3  November 12, 2022, 04:03:27 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
May he rest in peace.
#4  November 12, 2022, 04:53:44 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
so, while looking into this i found this old tweet from kevin conroy back when adam west passed away

.... and now they're both gone.
#5  November 12, 2022, 05:23:25 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
rip
#6  November 12, 2022, 03:37:02 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
On of my favorite Batman voices ever. I never met him when I was a child when here was emitting the Animated Series (you know, LA dubbing), but I could appreciate it later rewatching the series in english as well the animated movies. And how to forget the Arkham series and his appearance in the Arroverse's Crisis on Infinte Earths. He was the definitive Batman voice for me, I saw the news yesterday and I still can't believe he's gone now...

RIP Kevin, thank you for everything :bigcry:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  November 12, 2022, 04:26:20 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Really a shame.
Thank you Kevin Conroy.
#8  November 12, 2022, 05:37:11 pm
#9  November 12, 2022, 07:11:02 pm
    • USA
my favorite batman series...