YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1839855 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mae Jae ORIGINAL CHAR (3D rendered sprites with Manual edit)
#61  February 05, 2017, 09:43:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Impressive. This is really far better in all aspects. :)

About my previous message, don't worry, it was not against you.
I just know sometimes random guys come from nowhere to say "no! you're wrong because blablablah..."
Even if it happen less these last years...

You have my support on this project.
I really hope it will be completed one day. :D
#62  February 06, 2017, 04:08:49 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Impressive. This is really far better in all aspects. :)

You have my support on this project.
I really hope it will be completed one day. :D
Thanks Man... I will release her still this year, the other part that will be dificult is coding
but i'm thinking about ask for a help with this part, maybe i only animate and create paletes, and other people code it for me
when i finish the sprites i will try to find someone.

New Move
have the idea and put it on GIF

Pose de model and generate the sprites, aply pal, and timing it on fighter factory

highkick wip

Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:44:37 pm by Anderson Masters
#63  February 07, 2017, 04:41:47 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
*Receive her first finish palete (that give her the feeling that i have in mind for the project)
*Change the images database to DeviantArt, easy to give copyright and i think it is more usual than postimg.org
*Minor fixes in old animations
*Final avaliation about the shader, and will really be the final version of SSS (supreme sprite shader) he still don't know how to do internal outlines but i no think i can teach it to the script...
*This is the final aspect of the char in her PALETE 1
no so good as hand spriting one by one sprite, but is more realizable, so... I preffer to do anything like 90% than i wanted than her be only a project, not a character, with this method i can do 2 or 3 moves per day if i have 2 hours or more studing with her.

EDIT:
GALACTICA SHORYUKEN ADDED
Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:27:50 pm by Anderson Masters
#64  February 07, 2017, 05:28:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice updates!
I like the uppercut, but the kick is kind of strange. (Is it based on Adon's HK during intro VS Sagat?)
It lacks of dynamism and perhaps some more recovery sprites?
#65  February 07, 2017, 07:14:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
welll it's pretty clear that your best area of possible improvement is in animations do you aniamte straight ahead or by keyframes ?

now, regarding the kick, if that's a front kick, generaly speaking the back leg is not going to twist at all, that might be what makes it look weird for ned.
#66  February 07, 2017, 10:46:03 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
the kick is kind of strange. (Is it based on Adon's HK during intro VS Sagat?)
It lacks of dynamism and perhaps some more recovery sprites?

is based on Adon of alpha series, but is a reproved move

welll it's pretty clear that your best area of possible improvement is in animations do you aniamte straight ahead or by keyframes ?
is frame by frame, bone by bone, this part is full manually cause i'm doing this project to stud animations
now, regarding the kick, if that's a front kick, generaly speaking the back leg is not going to twist at all, that might be what makes it look weird for ned.
this kick is discarted

some new tests, and maybe a new move aproved
high kick

high kick when hit or close

#67  February 09, 2017, 03:10:23 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
some tests with mirror poses

me me me inspired dance

#68  February 11, 2017, 12:13:57 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Studying Walt Disney animations and books

concept by hand without references

aplying the comcept to the model (hard, but i think the next will be more easy cause i'm learning some things)
#69  February 11, 2017, 12:30:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yep, I see a lot of improvement with that one.
#70  February 11, 2017, 01:16:32 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Some nice progress with the moves!

Her walk seems a little too much. well she make big steps I think.
I would work for a custom run-like anim.
But for a walk I think this is too much.

Anyway yes there is some improvement :)
#71  February 11, 2017, 04:23:29 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
yep, I see a lot of improvement with that one.
Thanks Man, i'm studying some minutes per day
Some nice progress with the moves!

Her walk seems a little too much. well she make big steps I think.
I would work for a custom run-like anim.
But for a walk I think this is too much.

Anyway yes there is some improvement :)

Thanks, this animation is a RUN i'm thinking in code her in infinity style(or find someone to code)
is slow cause is for demonstration and feedback, in game is pretty more fast

UPPERKICK
#72  February 11, 2017, 07:46:55 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Portrait Work in progress final version will have more details and be more smooth

EDIT:
Updating old moves

Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:04:58 pm by Anderson Masters
#73  February 12, 2017, 01:37:54 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
good, now I can read it as a kick.
#74  February 13, 2017, 12:25:32 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
 :computer:   after 2 days studying digital art, and relearning how to use sai to paintings
SELECT SCREEN PORTRAIT FINISHED
#75  February 13, 2017, 04:47:40 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
JAB UPDATED
#76  February 13, 2017, 05:39:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
you want to align the animation keeping the "back foot" static so it's easier to apreciate it
#77  February 14, 2017, 10:34:42 am
    • France
Some serious progress made overall here ! Keep your efforts mate !

Some feedback from my part.
I don't intend to sound discouraging, so please don't take these words personnally.

Overall view
There is "that something" which bothers me a lot in every preview.
I think that's the result of many elements that combine together.

1 - The 3D model
In your concept : What is she wearing ? Is she wearing a bra ? An underpant ? Or is it just body painting ?
Because I can clearly see her tits and vagina (on the "finished portrait screen" too btw). Personally it's ok for me if she has just body painting. But if that's not the case, you'll definitely need to adjust your 3d meshes, at least to give the illusion of clothes. Not just colour shaders on the body. I don't buy the illusion.

Overall, your 3d model concept doesn't look bad (= it is quite ok , but nothing unsually great IMO)
In details, I cannot take it being "finished".

Great progress on her skirt btw !

2 - Representing a "living body"
It is obvious that this is your first 3d animating project. That's ok. We all need to start somewhere :)
But you have chosen the most difficult challenge : a human body.

When creating animations, we mostly make an illusion of movement. But this illusion is fragile. And it is more fragile when you animate a model representing a "common living body". Every detail counts. No mistakes allowed. Or the illusion is just wasted --> no one "believes" in the movement.
On the other hand, if the model represents a "non-living" body (a robot for example), the illusion will be easier to achieve. Our eyes will be more permissive. Very permissive.
Spoiler: example of a robot fighting game : Rising Thunder (click to see content)

I don't want to sound discouraging, and your progress reflects the efforts you put in your work.
But with this human kind of model, every detail counts : in the model design AND in animating process. I can just wish you good luck. :)

3 - What is your main focus ?
Let me say it differently :
Is your focus about animating process ? (rigging, animating the skeleton)
Is it about creating a 3D model ?
Is it about rendering 3D -> 2D ?
Which one is the most important to you ? Which one comes last ?

I am very convinced that if you have a clear view on this, your work would improve a lot "better".

For example, let's suppose your #1 focus is about animating process.
Then, I think you should work with a "mannequin" type of model.
Spoiler: mannequin model (click to see content)
Those models are meant to be neutral, so you can focus on the movement, and movement only. You don't bother with rendering quality. You're focusing on animating your skeleton. Point mark. You think of all animations you need (stance, gethit, attacks etc.) and you make them. You could start working on a "better looking model" at the same time, but only for proportions and testing/preview stuff. It shouldn't be your #1 focus until your animation work is "almost" finished.
Once you have your animating process mastered, you already have your skeleton movements. Then, you can use this skeleton on your better looking model.
So you go to #2 : Focusing on designing a "cool 3D model". So you design the hair, the clothes, face etc. Then you can add rigs to the clothes and hair. All movements will be determined by the skeleton that you've already made in #1, so it will be easier to adjust the new stuff.
Then, finally, you go to #3 : rendering process. Every animation is designed, clothes move correctly. You can entirely focus on the best rendering process, testing different methods etc. Once you find what suits you the best, you render all your animations.
End of the example.

But, if your #1 focus is on "designing a cool looking 3D model", focus on it and do it 100%. You cannot have just colour shaders instead of clothes...
And if your #1 focus is on "rendering 3D->2D process" , start with a "FINISHED 3D model". A "really finished" 3D model.

But if you want to focus on all of the 3 at the same time ... it is very likely you will have to start it all over many times.

4 - Animating FOR a fighting game

I'm not sure how/where I found this video. 20 minutes of condensed essential stuff.

Keep in mind the animations you're making are for a fighting game. Not for a movie. It changes many things.

----------------------------------------------------------

I hope this was "good" feedback to you.
I wish you good luck mate !  :)
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#78  February 14, 2017, 10:48:40 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#79  February 14, 2017, 04:26:01 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Just piggybacking off what @mr_bourrepalestick: said

The "bra" appears impossibly shaped during some of her movements.  The underboob sprites make it look like it's fabric cut into some crazy shape and glued on.

But in some sprites, it looks like it's functional and actually supporting her breasts.

#80  February 14, 2017, 06:19:57 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Some serious progress made overall here ! Keep your efforts mate !

Some feedback from my part.
I don't intend to sound discouraging, so please don't take these words personnally.

Overall view
There is "that something" which bothers me a lot in every preview.
I think that's the result of many elements that combine together.

1 - The 3D model
In your concept : What is she wearing ? Is she wearing a bra ? An underpant ? Or is it just body painting ?
Because I can clearly see her tits and vagina (on the "finished portrait screen" too btw). Personally it's ok for me if she has just body painting. But if that's not the case, you'll definitely need to adjust your 3d meshes, at least to give the illusion of clothes. Not just colour shaders on the body. I don't buy the illusion.

Overall, your 3d model concept doesn't look bad (= it is quite ok , but nothing unsually great IMO)
In details, I cannot take it being "finished".

Great progress on her skirt btw !

2 - Representing a "living body"
It is obvious that this is your first 3d animating project. That's ok. We all need to start somewhere :)
But you have chosen the most difficult challenge : a human body.

When creating animations, we mostly make an illusion of movement. But this illusion is fragile. And it is more fragile when you animate a model representing a "common living body". Every detail counts. No mistakes allowed. Or the illusion is just wasted --> no one "believes" in the movement.
On the other hand, if the model represents a "non-living" body (a robot for example), the illusion will be easier to achieve. Our eyes will be more permissive. Very permissive.
Spoiler: example of a robot fighting game : Rising Thunder (click to see content)

I don't want to sound discouraging, and your progress reflects the efforts you put in your work.
But with this human kind of model, every detail counts : in the model design AND in animating process. I can just wish you good luck. :)

3 - What is your main focus ?
Let me say it differently :
Is your focus about animating process ? (rigging, animating the skeleton)
Is it about creating a 3D model ?
Is it about rendering 3D -> 2D ?
Which one is the most important to you ? Which one comes last ?

I am very convinced that if you have a clear view on this, your work would improve a lot "better".

For example, let's suppose your #1 focus is about animating process.
Then, I think you should work with a "mannequin" type of model.
Spoiler: mannequin model (click to see content)
Those models are meant to be neutral, so you can focus on the movement, and movement only. You don't bother with rendering quality. You're focusing on animating your skeleton. Point mark. You think of all animations you need (stance, gethit, attacks etc.) and you make them. You could start working on a "better looking model" at the same time, but only for proportions and testing/preview stuff. It shouldn't be your #1 focus until your animation work is "almost" finished.
Once you have your animating process mastered, you already have your skeleton movements. Then, you can use this skeleton on your better looking model.
So you go to #2 : Focusing on designing a "cool 3D model". So you design the hair, the clothes, face etc. Then you can add rigs to the clothes and hair. All movements will be determined by the skeleton that you've already made in #1, so it will be easier to adjust the new stuff.
Then, finally, you go to #3 : rendering process. Every animation is designed, clothes move correctly. You can entirely focus on the best rendering process, testing different methods etc. Once you find what suits you the best, you render all your animations.
End of the example.

But, if your #1 focus is on "designing a cool looking 3D model", focus on it and do it 100%. You cannot have just colour shaders instead of clothes...
And if your #1 focus is on "rendering 3D->2D process" , start with a "FINISHED 3D model". A "really finished" 3D model.

But if you want to focus on all of the 3 at the same time ... it is very likely you will have to start it all over many times.

4 - Animating FOR a fighting game

I'm not sure how/where I found this video. 20 minutes of condensed essential stuff.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Mw0h9WmBlsw[/youtube]

Keep in mind the animations you're making are for a fighting game. Not for a movie. It changes many things.

----------------------------------------------------------

I hope this was "good" feedback to you.
I wish you good luck mate !  :)

I understand your points and agree with alot of that you said
there's no software that can replace an artist,
but my S³ method really helps alot
if i want the result that i have in mind... i need to do it below
and i don't know if i will do it, i really want, but it needs time and i'm using my time to studying animations
thats why i'm doing this char
all feedback is pretty welcome
but i no will change the model for this project, maybe i do other character after gain experience with that
the manual finish i think if i try to do in all sprites, each one will take something like 10 minutes (sure no more)
but i'm studying disney animations guilty gear, capcom, some books, and this is the priority now, learn about animations at itself

i'm a sprite artist, but i no want to use all of my time doing stands and single sprites, i want to do all spriteshit of an 1080p character
and i know... my first char will not be like a blazblue or kof xiii char, but i will do it as a lesson

Just piggybacking off what @mr_bourrepalestick: said

The "bra" appears impossibly shaped during some of her movements.  The underboob sprites make it look like it's fabric cut into some crazy shape and glued on.

But in some sprites, it looks like it's functional and actually supporting her breasts.

i don't know if the explanation above clarifies it
but the idea is to be a short under panties like karin on sfa series
blender can do only the outlines outside the char, if i put the software to the internal, they just go crazy and sometimes work, sometimes fuck everything, so i let it for manual edit, this is always need a hand touch

:computer:   after 2 days studying digital art, and relearning how to use sai to paintings
SELECT SCREEN PORTRAIT FINISHED

Nice art, lovin the attention to detail on the camel toe and the green eyes, very nice!

Thanks Man, she will have some more artworks
it's not a hentai char, but the concept that i thinked is really to be fucking sex appeal