YesNoOk

10 years later I still haven't found the command for this move... (Read 1587 times)

Started by Light888, August 31, 2020, 10:20:47 pm
Share this topic:
10 years later I still haven't found the command for this move...
#1  August 31, 2020, 10:20:47 pm
    • USA
Hi all! I just found this site a little while ago so sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in or if I'm breaking a rule but I need to know if someone can help me out with this. This topic concerns a King of Fighters character so I implore any KOF fans to help me who might've played with these characters but I'll love it if anyone can help really! :megusta:

So just a little intro, I started playing mugen casually 10 years ago because of a KOF mugen video I came across. Got a little hardcore but then cooled off. This is the vid since it concerns the problem. Still find it awesome to watch 10 years later. KOF fans especially might love it. LOUD AUDIO WARNING!

I was a big KOF fan then and still am a big KOF fan to this day. So when I saw Kyo and Iori doing all these new crazy moves I had never seen in any KOF game, I was hugely fascinated and really wanted to play with these particular characters. I found out that the Kyo was called Kyo_mi by Ahuron and the Iori was by the author Zelgadis. The Iori was easy to find but the Kyo was hell to find back then. There were other versions I believe Ahuron made of that Kyo but it wasn't this exact version with all these moves he does in the vid. I finally did find the exact version of him from the vid with all those moves.

Now here's the problem. The move which Kyo does at 1:32....I was unable to figure out. I shrugged it off as whatever and as the years passed I stopped playing mugen.... until just a day ago I opened it back up on a whim. And I STILL can't figure out how to do this damn move 10 years on. It irritated me now which is why I'm making this thread. I looked through the command file but I just couldn't figure it out. The AI performs the move so there IS some command for it but god knows what it is. I've tried every combination I know of but obviously there's still one I haven't tried :mhmm:

Now this is probably a minor issue so I don't if anyone will help out but man I'll be glad if someone does! I can mail the character to anyone if need be. What will I get from learning the command of the move? Nothing really, just a little peace of mind that I can finally pull it off  ;D I played with tons of other mugen KOF characters afterwards but I found Kyo_mi as my fav version of Kyo and Iori by Zelgadis as my fav Iori out of all the Ioris out there. Another small reason why I just want to know the damn command.

Also just a little side request if it's ok. Since I'm making this thread I might as well ask about this too. There's another version of this Kyo_mi by Zelgadis that I've tried to find over the years to no avail.

From what I dug up, Zelgadis used this Kyo in an early version of his KOF Memorial games. This video is from a Memorial game too I believe. Apparently he's a super duper ultra rare character and I found that out when I could barely find any info on him but some people still managed to get their hands on the character but unfortunately they've never shared him. Not anything I could find anyway. So I would love if someone could share that Zelgadis version of Kyo_mi too if they have it or that particular version of KOF Memorial! :megusta:
Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:29:42 pm by Light888
Re: 10 years later I still haven't found the command for this move...
#2  August 31, 2020, 10:57:37 pm
If the movelist at the beginning of the video is to be believed, the command for the 1:32 move should be qcf, qcb, hcf, qcb, d+A+C. That looks like a pretty terrible command.
If that doesn't work then you'll have to look through the code.
Start by turning on the debug mode (turn ctrl+d twice to display the AI character's status), then wait until the AI does the move and hit pause. The debug text shows a stateno (state number) that you should find somewhere in the code file (probably .cns or .st file, which you can open with any text editor). If you're lucky and catch the move right as it starts, you should even find that number in the command file (.cmd), and from there, find the input it is associated to.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: 10 years later I still haven't found the command for this move...
#3  September 01, 2020, 05:14:27 pm
    • USA
Thanks for your response! Alright so I figured it out but it's a little weird. I downloaded Mugen 1.1 beta which I think is the newest version of mugen? I tested Kyo out there and I finally found the command. It was qcb, qcf, strong punch + light kick. This wasn't difficult at all so I thought I had been dumb after all this time but when I tested the command back in my old mugen, it didn't work. The input buttons are the same and well....no wonder I could never pull off the command!

The version of mugen I've played on is super old though. It's a 2002 elecbyte version so VERY old. Maybe it had something to do with that? I've never had problems performing commands for other characters though, it was only this one move of Kyo which I could just never perform. Weird but anyways, all good now. I'm happy I can finally perform the command after all this time :joy: I'll be shifting over to Mugen 1.1 from now on.