YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17363609 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2281  March 24, 2020, 04:14:04 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Goro doesn't have anything remotely within the realm the dex stuff notes about Machamp.  I wasn't even considering No Guard, that makes it literally impossible for either of their attacks to miss their targets.  Goro can take a hit from Shao Khan's hammer, but nothing like moving entire natural landmarks like mountains, and he would be getting hit by that each and every hit.

If anything, the dynamax stuff is downplaying its natural abilities.  Which....may or may not be intentional on Game Freak's part, what with that whole thing being an unnatual alien interference and apparently a number of gigantamax form pokemon being worse off than their dynamaxed counterparts.

Goro has been a previous Mortal Kombat champion and is strong enough to rip bodies apart. I highly doubt a Machamp can do that...
I'm fairly sure without the numbers in front of me the strength required to toss anything Machamp would be fighting past the viewable horizon or the now often repeated mountain feat with individual arms would take a lot more strength than whatever the most physically durable fighter is in MK to rip into pieces is.  A mountain of pretty much anything is tougher than a human or cyborg body.
#2282  March 24, 2020, 12:06:18 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Is there any way we can attribute Goro's dragon blood to make him Dragon-type so Fighting moves would be not very effective?

Dragon doesn't resist Fighting. Unless they give him the elemental punches, they shouldn't be able to pull that one.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2283  March 24, 2020, 04:43:30 pm
    • USA
Huh, I guess it's been a while since I've even attempted, but I could have sworn Dragon resisted it.  Remember it being one of numerous parts why Dragon-type was considered overpowered until they brought in Fairy-type.  Guess it was just the Dragon/Flying guys I was remembering.
#2284  March 24, 2020, 11:54:26 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Generally it's because prior to Gen 6, Dragon was only weak to itself and Ice, and was only resisted by Steel, plus it still resists the most common types (Grass, Fire, Water, and Electric), not to mention most Dragon-types are either legendaries or pseudo-legendaries, so they have high base stat totals; Garchomp specifically also has access to STAB Earthquake, so it was quite threatening (and still kinda is).

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2285  March 30, 2020, 11:59:59 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Forearm

M'Champ
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:30:08 pm by Person Man
#2286  April 06, 2020, 07:25:58 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios

Goro vs. Machamp is out.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2287  April 06, 2020, 08:22:27 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
This seems like a freebie

I love Booster and dials, etc etc

But Cable is one of the most powerful telepaths in the marvel universe at half strength with him holding back his techno-organic virus and at full strength he is mutant Jesus

That isn't hyperbole, he has both a clone and an alternate universe version of himself that are nigh unstoppable unless they're fighting each other or handicap themselves out of hubris or insecurity

Even his time travel method is better, there are certain event Booster can't change whereas Cable can do whatever he wants
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2288  April 07, 2020, 03:04:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
What an unfair matchup they put him in, Booster deserves better than this. :(

Like shit, have him fight Bishop or something.
#2289  April 07, 2020, 04:38:41 am
    • USA
Now that would be an actual match!
This time
This time
#2290  April 11, 2020, 04:35:42 am
    • Brazil
Maybe there is something about Booster Gold that people often overlook? I won't lie that this seems heavily in favor of Cable, and while I don't much care about Death Battle's research too much anymore after multiple examples of several factors being overlooked, it could be like in Goro VS Machamp, where the latter's chances would be dismissed by most until they read the insanities in his dex entries.
#2291  April 13, 2020, 01:43:21 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
new mini rumble
#2292  April 13, 2020, 11:36:25 pm
    • USA
The Entire '90s

Buster Brown

Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:17:32 am by Person Man
#2293  April 17, 2020, 06:11:18 am
    • USA
Lot of scuttlebutt about his eventual transformation into Waverider being included for Booster, which would definitely tip the scales back the other way
This time
This time
#2294  April 20, 2020, 07:24:28 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Back from the future??

#2295  April 20, 2020, 08:30:41 pm
    • USA

Next up is Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Kakashi Hatake - Two talented mentor figures who are both objectively better characters than the selfish little dumbasses they wound up having to teach.

OB1

Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:01:21 am by Person Man
#2296  April 28, 2020, 01:12:38 am
    • USA
I won't say I'm deeply versed in either's series, I can't quote any, like, Old Republic stuff on how The Force works or Shippuden feets.  But on a basic enough level, I imagine Obi-Wan has more straight-forward winning approach while Kakashi will have way more varied tricks up his sleeve, just not too many that will help him out.

The biggest stuff I know is Kakashi can do that chi skeleton giant thing that Sasuke does, he can react to cutting natural lightning because that's where he got his name from or something to that degree, and he should technecally know every ninja magic ability he's ever seen because of that eye of his.  But I'd imagine The Force would counter-act practically any diversion techniques like those kunai poofing into different tools or his weird dog pack that lives underground.  I just wonder if Obi-Wan would be too slow, because the biggest stuff I can think of (Countering Grievous' lightsabers, fast running in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon, and even that is apparently considered outliers and not the Star Wars norm) doesn't really match up to anime logic.  Like, I have no idea WHY Kakashi can move fast enough to cut lightning in half, he just is because every ninja is super fast.
#2297  April 29, 2020, 11:09:50 pm
    • USA
Kakarot

#2298  May 04, 2020, 07:33:03 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios

Obi-Wan and Kakashi is out.

#2299  May 05, 2020, 03:52:35 am
    • USA
I.....eugh, I don't like how wishy-washy they are with canon to non-canon.  What they did with Obi-Wan is essentially is if they brought back Goku, it would be Z-filler, Super, GT, Xenoverse and Heroes mashed into one, which has just way too many contradictions.

Also if they're going by book feats now then I feel bad for when they get to Star Trek showing up in this series eventually, when they have to explain Picard meeting the Mirror Universe's Evil Picard for the first time ever 3 times in a row in the novels.  I think killing him in one of the first two times as well, been a while since reading anything Star Trek?

Next episode is one they've discussed the concept ad nauseum in DBC, they've been wanting to do an episode pitting two rival cartoon channel's shows from the late 90's/2000's cartoon boom that were made because of their rival, just options were sparse and questionable.  Like, Jimmy Neutron versus Dexter was a consideration but, like, no, they're 8 years old or something?  Or Kim Possible and X-J9 or something but that's a ridiculously large power gap just from a cursory glance.  This one makes more sense, but I haven't seen either since they were new, I don't recall any of their feats.

I remember Ember's damn song that they drilled into your head repeatedly, though.
#2300  May 05, 2020, 08:47:42 am
    • Mexico
So does the winner of the Kakashi vs. Obi-Wan fight makes sense? I mean I could’ve sworn that the guy was ten times faster than the guy that won.