YesNoOk

Is it possible to Lock/Unlock Chars & Modes (Read 29072 times)

Started by DJMouF, May 28, 2020, 04:14:43 am
Share this topic:
Is it possible to Lock/Unlock Chars & Modes
#1  May 28, 2020, 04:14:43 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Don't know if anyone will reply to this, but does anyone know if there's a way to lock chars in mugen? Such as the chars will be grayed out, but they can be unlocked by completing the arcade mode. Or also lock a mode/form on a char... For example I'd like to lock my Goku SSJ transformation until I complete the arcade mode or until i complete maybe 3 matches or something like that. I was wondering  if this feature is possible or if anyone has the code for me to use a reference. I plan to use it when I get to fully working on my DBZ Mugen game with the clashes etc. I haven't this yet in mugen and since there's been so much advancement I was wondering if this be achieved yet, but I could be way over my head right now. But if so, Point me in the right direction if you can.
Re: Is it possible to Lock/Unlock Chars & Modes
#2  May 28, 2020, 05:09:34 am
    • USA
i know its possible with the latest version of Ikemen GO, but in Mugen, im not sure
#3  May 28, 2020, 06:45:03 am
    • USA
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

right now its on version 0.94.3 i believe. I think it can work the same way, and ikemen also allows you to have 2 completely different characters (ex, Morrigan and Lilith), under 1 character select slot, you can unlock characters, universal zoom, and a buttfuck other ton features that is documented in the readme and the select.def file.
#4  May 28, 2020, 07:03:10 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
i know its possible with the latest version of Ikemen GO, but in Mugen, im not sure

Oh word!? Ok bet that! Well i guess it's time for me to take it to the next level with ikemen. I still haven't used it yet smh so I'll have a lot learning to do, especially when I want to use it for my own game. So do you have a link to an ikemen that has that feature? Oh by the way which feature are talking about... The Char unlocking or the form unlocking?

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

right now its on version 0.94.3 i believe. I think it can work the same way, and ikemen also allows you to have 2 completely different characters (ex, Morrigan and Lilith), under 1 character select slot, you can unlock characters, universal zoom, and a buttfuck other ton features that is documented in the readme and the select.def file.

Damn! I didn't know I definitely have a lot of catching up to do. smmfh... Well I guess everyone will be seeing posts of me asking a lot of questions on how to program certain features soon lol
#5  June 18, 2020, 03:23:30 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Developer
  • Hello Baby :$
    • Venezuela
    • sasuke19161@hotmail.com
    • Skype - BlackFired
    • https://www.juanteran.com.ve/
Is possible lock / unlock characters in mugen only have that use files bat and have multiple select

If the Spanish is not a problem for you, watch this video, here I explain how to unlock with keys, but everything is a matter of creativity, any questions just ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9jO_bwjuiY&feature

It can be improved, this already has time.
#6  June 18, 2020, 05:30:42 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
This is the best of what I got for you

7-zip is required, this method is best for arcade and survival (unless if char ending setting is on) only, and this applies to any mugen version.

1. Make a new folder like "secret characters" or whatever you want in your mugen folder.
2. Copy any character folder to the secrets folder to test it (just in case if anything goes wrong).
3. Right click on the copied character, hightlight 7-zip -> add to archive, create a password related to the character or whatever you want it to be (Also as a bonus, name the zip file Secret1, 2, 3, or any number you put for suprising).
4. Make an ending for a certain character that has text showing the password you made from the secret character when you complete arcade with that specific character (make sure the end time for the ending is as long as possible in order to write/type down the password!)
5. After that, go to your unlockables folder, extract the file til the password screen shows, enter the password, and finally your secret character is now unlocked, you can now move that character to the characters folder.

AND, you're done, I hope this wasn't too tedious for you. :V
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca