YesNoOk

Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping (Read 144968 times)

Started by Odb718, January 12, 2015, 10:27:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping
#41  February 02, 2015, 01:06:23 am
Hmmm. I think you can hear only the voices for the intros, not actually their grunts and voices in battle, nor the sound effects. You should definitely ask Fervicante how to rip the sounds and possibly share it with the world >:D.
#42  February 02, 2015, 03:18:55 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hmmm. I think you can hear only the voices for the intros, not actually their grunts and voices in battle, nor the sound effects. You should definitely ask Fervicante how to rip the sounds and possibly share it with the world >:D.

Hahaha your evil smilemakes me suspicious lol.
I wonder if this could work with Final Fight Revenge for the Arcade.
good luck Odb!
This is a generic forum signature.
#43  February 03, 2015, 02:48:26 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Unfortunately ripping Powered Akira isnt as easy as I thought it'd be. But, hey, it's a learning curve. (It'll help tons for Zaki)

My question is, which way would you guys like to see P. Akira standing?

Do you like the front or the back? Left or Right??
I can also affect the color of the visor. I'm not sure if I like the reflections or like it solid black. Notice how you can see her face in the right pose?

I have to re-rip everything because of a small palette issue I'm making into a big deal. I doubt I'll fuss as much later with other character's palettes. But This process will help with Boman having different colored pants than his shirt. Maybe Roberto and everyone else that sticks to 2 or 3 colors can be boosted up to 6 or 7.  256 colors is limiting with 3D models so we'll see. Without messing with the original texture maps for the meshes I dont think I can get it as accurate as my Samus is. (which isnt that great either)

So with the re-ripping process I figured maybe people would like her standing the other direction. I dont think this needs to become a full survey or anything. Just wondering the general consensus.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#44  February 03, 2015, 04:14:29 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Left, for me.
#45  February 03, 2015, 04:38:54 pm
Left as well.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#46  February 03, 2015, 04:50:55 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Left

lui

#47  February 03, 2015, 06:33:51 pm
    • USA
left
#48  February 03, 2015, 06:40:51 pm
Left.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#49  February 05, 2015, 08:12:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So what youre saying is I should have left it.
N. has yet again kicked butt while I slept. I should be releasing something by Sunday. Monday morning for normal people.
It'll probably be more than just P. Akira, but no promises.
#50  February 05, 2015, 08:34:40 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Left side is quite better.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#51  February 08, 2015, 01:03:06 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I plan on ripping Powered Akira tomorrow night. I probably wont have ALL of Akira's moves dumped for a few days. Keeping track of it is kinda hard and very time consuming.
I _May_ dump a second character at the same time. Depends how much free time I get tomorrow. Obviously it'll be around the same sprite/animations as P.Akira.

The images I dump of P.Akira and other fighters may have parts of their body died for purposes of making a good palette. I've already made a palette for P.Akira. I plan on releasing that in the dump of the sprites. I may just make a bootleg version of a def/act/sff so people can load it and import the sprites they want. If anyone can palette it better the images will be full color. Working the palette into the images with photoshop may work a little better than FF3 would do.

I was hoping this project would go a little faster but with what's going on behind the scenes it's worth the wait.
I want to get Roy and Bowman ripped fast also.
If anyone's interested in working on a particular character, let me know.

Blocking, Hit reactions, Intros, Win poses, have all been pretty much worked out on how to capture them clean. The effects may just have to be made by hand if I cant find a good way.

-----
I've ripped into Powered Akira and I've also started in on Bowman.

I've tried to give each character a bit more color speraration than Project Justice actually did by dyeing the character's body parts. I've dyed Bowman's shoes, pants, and hair. Now that I look, I notice you cant see Bowman's yellow tie. It's the reason I dyed his hair from yellow to red.

Powered Akira wont get MORE, in fact, technically she gets less. There was no way to dye 1 part without affecting other parts. Sorry, but colorloss or crappier palettes in Mugen. (she still looks good)
Neither Bowman or P.Akira have all of their sprites ripped. P.Akira has a lot more ripped than Bowman. It's mainly to do with Bowman needing to hit P2 to perform certain moves fully.

Once I have a few more sprites of Bowman I'll make a Sprites Project thread. P.Akira will be getting one a little later.
Roy should be started soon. Trying different dye jobs on the different palettes for the characters takes a bit of time. I'm not sure if Roy's going to get a lot out of a dye job either. Red on Red vs blue on blue. We'll see.

P.Akira's sprites are at 500mb+ right now. BUT! there's a TON of doubled sprites. It's just going to take a week of sorting through to make a good sff. Not sure I'll be doing that......

If anyone wants to make a Project Justice/rival schools character let me know. I'm taking requests
Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:00:08 pm by Odb718
#52  February 10, 2015, 10:17:36 pm
    • Dominica
    • kaysombi@gmail.com
I plan on ripping Powered Akira tomorrow night. I probably wont have ALL of Akira's moves dumped for a few days. Keeping track of it is kinda hard and very time consuming.
I _May_ dump a second character at the same time. Depends how much free time I get tomorrow. Obviously it'll be around the same sprite/animations as P.Akira.

The images I dump of P.Akira and other fighters may have parts of their body died for purposes of making a good palette. I've already made a palette for P.Akira. I plan on releasing that in the dump of the sprites. I may just make a bootleg version of a def/act/sff so people can load it and import the sprites they want. If anyone can palette it better the images will be full color. Working the palette into the images with photoshop may work a little better than FF3 would do.

I was hoping this project would go a little faster but with what's going on behind the scenes it's worth the wait.
I want to get Roy and Bowman ripped fast also.
If anyone's interested in working on a particular character, let me know.

Blocking, Hit reactions, Intros, Win poses, have all been pretty much worked out on how to capture them clean. The effects may just have to be made by hand if I cant find a good way.

-----
I've ripped into Powered Akira and I've also started in on Bowman.

I've tried to give each character a bit more color speraration than Project Justice actually did by dyeing the character's body parts. I've dyed Bowman's shoes, pants, and hair. Now that I look, I notice you cant see Bowman's yellow tie. It's the reason I dyed his hair from yellow to red.

Powered Akira wont get MORE, in fact, technically she gets less. There was no way to dye 1 part without affecting other parts. Sorry, but colorloss or crappier palettes in Mugen. (she still looks good)
Neither Bowman or P.Akira have all of their sprites ripped. P.Akira has a lot more ripped than Bowman. It's mainly to do with Bowman needing to hit P2 to perform certain moves fully.

Once I have a few more sprites of Bowman I'll make a Sprites Project thread. P.Akira will be getting one a little later.
Roy should be started soon. Trying different dye jobs on the different palettes for the characters takes a bit of time. I'm not sure if Roy's going to get a lot out of a dye job either. Red on Red vs blue on blue. We'll see.

P.Akira's sprites are at 500mb+ right now. BUT! there's a TON of doubled sprites. It's just going to take a week of sorting through to make a good sff. Not sure I'll be doing that......

If anyone wants to make a Project Justice/rival schools character let me know. I'm taking requests

hinata and ram hibiki

lui

#53  February 10, 2015, 10:43:09 pm
    • USA
burning batsu anyone? they should be easy to sprite and we can use dareon's batsu as a base.
#54  February 10, 2015, 10:58:30 pm
gan pls
#55  February 11, 2015, 07:48:07 am
Ran Hibiki and Edge.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#56  February 11, 2015, 09:46:08 am
    • USA
Goodness! We need some roberto & shoma *cough* I heard a rumor once of a certain someone wanting to make a Kurow... Perfecto Oppertunity eh'? lol
#57  February 11, 2015, 11:29:16 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
If your willing to rip both left and right of P. Akira then you could use a change anim that triggers on which way shes facing. Lot of extra work, but would be cool.
#58  February 13, 2015, 02:07:38 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
ELECTR0, I had considered that. The overall size of the character in Mb is far too large as it stands now. There's also a lot of code that goes into it. If the person/people making P. Akira or who ever REALLY want to do it, I'll probably rip the sprites for them.
I was thinking that because of the asymmetry of P.Akira it might be useful. The first idea was to pick which way her specials moved on the Z axis.
Because of the 3D nature of RS/PJ when characters move to their left, it's either into the background or into the foreground. Obviously this is going to look weird on certain stages no matter which direction is picked. I feel going into the background will be the best choice.
Some characters I may have to flip sides to achieve this. The jump in animations may be big, but I wont know until I see it in FF3.

#59  February 15, 2015, 06:07:59 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Very good news in the palette section of ripping today. (along with another good process we'll talk about later)
I got the idea about swapping individual parts of palettes of 1 character between themselves. Luckily Capcom went ahead and thought this would be a good idea and coded it that way.
Roy is red and blue except his yellow palette which sucks for his hair. Because it's red and blue, you really cant dye it. The green and blue values in his red are 0. the red and green values in the blue are 0. I can only add about 10 "points" or subtract 245 points of color. And no, it doesnt negative the color it just makes it black. White is the most controllable color.

So, I can adjust some parts on his body in certain palettes and not in others so why not make the emulator put those parts together??

^^^^ PoC ^^^^ Fortunately/Unfortunately Powered Akira's sprites are about 95% ripped at this point so oh well for her.
But Roy will look just a little bit better. Bowman might have to be restarted. I only have about 20% of his sprites ripped so it's not that bad.

In the end I may swap palette parts and dye them to get the best outcome.
This is very good news for people like Zaki and Hyo that are pretty much 1 color. They'll probably have the best additions to their palettes. Kyoko will also benefit a lot.
#60  February 21, 2015, 08:56:13 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've got a lot of Roberto ripped. I'd say about 60% tonight. Might work on it a little more tonight, not sure. But I should have something along the lines of a release for him in a couple of days.
I'll be working on Roberto myself so I'll probably keep the release thread updated for a while and then switch to a project thread. I'll release the images I've ripped but I wont, or might not, release my sff/air. I'll probably just do a small one with my palette and 1 or 2 images.

Because the 3D character's colors are in the millions I decided to stay with the original yellow/blue palette PJ uses. If I try to make his sneakers another color or his gloves another color it just means more colorloss for other parts of his body. I did however tweak the values so I can make it just a tiny bit better.