YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports (Read 479493 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports
#221  July 03, 2022, 07:09:12 pm
After playing a bit more with the latest version of Ikemen and switching back and forth from Mugen this is what I can report, please excuse me if it was already reported.

The engine itself.
Sound feels I dont know how to put it but lower quality or scratchy compared to mugen also something is going on with Vsync when you have it disabled or enabled, somehow it feels smoother when its ON which is mad to me, as every game I play on PC I remove the Vsync and I can tell the difference asap that it feels snappier, im speaking for FPS and stuff as for inputs I need more time with Ikemen.

Annoying thing is, because of my lack of knowledge, if you were to ask me which is smoother, I would say mugen.

Also not sure if its me, or my setup but Ikemen can be optimized a bit better, it should not be as heavy as it is, and im running a 3060 TI with I forgot what was my CPU but it is a good CPU.

Things I noticed that are not scalling correctly (I guess) when comparing to Mugen.

I know its not fair to expect everything to be 1 to 1, but mugen would scale that hyper BG correctly, this happenes only when using higher resolutions.
Screenshot was taken with 1280x1024 no zoom or localcoords have been used here, just vanilla out of the box Ikemen.

Thank you for putting all this effort into the engine, when I opened the select def all the options I had there to tweak everything how I want was just awesome.
Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:50:57 pm by PeXXeR
#222  July 03, 2022, 07:36:32 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
1280x1024 isn't a standard resolution, I think. Did you also use that one in Mugen?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#223  July 03, 2022, 07:49:42 pm
Fucking hell, you're right, Im stupid, on mugen I was using 1280 x 960, I assumed I was using 1280x1024.

Ofc I tested it, and mugen cuts the image on the bottom on that res.

Let me edit my comment so I don't confuse the devs.
#224  September 12, 2022, 01:02:13 am
    • Brazil
    • amoreira@gmail.com
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but I tried to describe it as best as I could on Ikemen-GO's GitHub:

https://github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/issues/658

Basically, the issue happens with chars that use the CvS/PoTS system, and seems to be affected by the way the 'Safe Fall' and recovery in general are programmed in those chars. If I mash the punch buttons repeatedly on mid-air after being hit, the engine may crash with an 'index out of range' error.

Curiously, the man himself (I mean PoTS) has recently patched all his chars for compatibility with Ikemen-GO, and by the comments on the .cns files, he was seemingly aware of this issue.

Is this a known bug? If so, is there a documented way to easily patch MUGEN 1.x chars to fix that?

In any case, I have some coding experience myself (C/C++/Lua/JavaScript), and I would love to contribute (though I'd have to learn Go in the process). Is there any documentation on how the engine works internally etc.?
#225  September 14, 2022, 09:42:36 pm
    • Mexico
Is there a way to separate the sprites fightfx.sff from the way how the char is affected by palfx?.

#226  September 14, 2022, 09:54:40 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
That's a really nice catch. Problem is this:

ownpal = ownpal_flag (int)
If ownpal_flag is 0, the explod color will be affected by subsequent execution of the player's PalFX and RemapPal controllers. This is normally the default.

If ownpal_flag is 1, the explod color will not be affected by subsequent execution of the player's PalFX and RemapPal controllers. This is the default if the anim is from fightfx.air.
This isn't replicated in Ikemen.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#227  September 14, 2022, 11:47:06 pm
    • Mexico
Thanks for the explanation, the detail is with the programming of the char.
#228  September 15, 2022, 11:10:59 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
I believe I found a bug in IKEMEN GO (v0.98.2)'s tag mode, that's character non-specific, But I use my character Satsukong vs Clippit by The_None as an example, I left the debug text in:

https://streamable.com/ie270w

I believe I know the context of the bug as well:

Some characters abuse a programming quirk in MUGEN relating to characters being in State 5150. For example for the round to transition into winposes, the characters must be in State 5150 OR some abnormal amount of time must have passed, MUGEN does not distinguish whether this State 5150 is the character's own or another char's (a custom state). This trick allows for hiding characters through fatalities and prevents them from doing dead anims or similar tricks. (Basically making them actually seem like they have dissapeared)

IKEMEN GO replicates this quirk fine, except during tag mode, in which if the lead character is KO'd and never goes into their OWN 5150 State, the other character will never tag in.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#229  September 22, 2022, 05:10:21 am
    • Mexico
It is normal that while playing in simul vs simul, tag vs tag, turns vs turns or ratio mode of more than one character, bonuses appear despite being specified as such in the file select.def (bonus=1)?. That is, several bonuses simultaneously or one bonus and one normal char at the same time.

Wouldn't it be better if independently of the mode, they appear randomly or near of the end of the game, but 1 single bonus in one round?
Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:14:10 am by xerf84
#230  October 13, 2022, 04:51:03 pm
    • Angola
hi i'm having problems lodding a character i can't fox it

it sends this error:
.\external\script\start.lua:1401: chars\Hatsune_Miku_JUS/Hatsune_Miku_JUS.cns:2289:

name: Not enclosed in "
stack traceback:
   [G]: in function 'game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1401: in function 'f_game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1834: in function 'launchFight'
   external/script/default.lua:20: in function <external/script/default.lua:0>
   .\external\script\start.lua:1456: in function 'f'
   external/script/main.lua:3037: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:4093: in main chunk
   [G]: ?

Can anyone help?
#231  October 17, 2022, 08:30:26 pm
  • Why,
hi i'm having problems lodding a character i can't fox it

it sends this error:
.\external\script\start.lua:1401: chars\Hatsune_Miku_JUS/Hatsune_Miku_JUS.cns:2289:

name: Not enclosed in "
stack traceback:
   [G]: in function 'game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1401: in function 'f_game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1834: in function 'launchFight'
   external/script/default.lua:20: in function <external/script/default.lua:0>
   .\external\script\start.lua:1456: in function 'f'
   external/script/main.lua:3037: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:4093: in main chunk
   [G]: ?

Can anyone help?
Are it from mugen game? Are it read MUGEN 1.0/1.1 ONLY?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#232  October 17, 2022, 10:21:39 pm
    • Angola
no i'm trying to make a game in ikemen
in mugen it works fine but when i put this character and few others it shows this error
#233  October 18, 2022, 04:04:54 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The error tells you what the fault is, which file it's in, and roughly what line it's located at.

There's a name parameter or trigger that doesn't have its value encased in quotes.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#234  October 18, 2022, 05:48:17 pm
    • Angola
thanks for the tip but in the line that the error says to put (") is blank
i would send an image but i don't know how to do it in here...
#235  October 19, 2022, 12:17:07 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Hence I said "roughly". It's somewhere around that line.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#236  November 17, 2022, 03:22:55 pm
  • Why,
It should begin list these stages at persons list, aren´t?Not at random for somewhere just extra?
EDIT: Not understan, i put select.def at notepad and i not found here at my eys anyt mistakes?? Still no
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 06:42:48 pm by EgyLynx
#237  March 28, 2023, 03:15:22 am
    • bit.ly/kasasagi-tilde-town
I tried to use the RoundXDef parameters, in the mode that the main stage def file only points to other stages per round.

The stage number 1 (round1def) is always empty / displays only black background. The stage does not fail to load, there are no errors reported or logged.

The stages for other rounds (e.g. round2def) seem to work correctly.

The error does not depend on any particular stage, all the stages load correctly for round 2 and individually.

If the main stage is an actual stage (as opposed to only pointing to a different staged by using round1def) then everything also works correctly.

Ikemen GO version: latest master (c48f2bf082), built from source.
Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 03:22:57 pm by Kasasagi
#238  April 03, 2023, 06:03:14 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#239  April 03, 2023, 06:51:22 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That may or may not be my fault. Does the second Shiki still spawn if you remove my brutality mod?
#240  April 03, 2023, 07:17:09 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
That may or may not be my fault. Does the second Shiki still spawn if you remove my brutality mod?

No, I tested without Brutality mod, and that still there. Also happen with Ichida's Asuna(Is Happen with some OHMSBY chars in 99.0ver of Ikemen Go)
Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 11:59:20 pm by Kamui_De_Los_Vientos