YesNoOk

Unthrowable During Super Form State (Read 2000 times)

Started by All-Star Platinum, February 14, 2020, 05:23:37 am
Share this topic:
Unthrowable During Super Form State
#1  February 14, 2020, 05:23:37 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada

Aloha,

I'm developing a character that will change their appearance during a power-up'd form.
Only, the real issue I am having is that during the characters throw state the sprites revert back to the power down'd character.
Is it possible to prevent the char in the power up'd state to be immune to grabs/throws?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-A.S.P
Re: Unthrowable During Super Form State
#2  February 14, 2020, 05:27:24 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Mostly possible, but otherwise, extremely difficult to the point even I refuse to touch that. The main method from what I've read of getting around this is a workaround where the root is invisible during custom hitstates and have a helper overlay their position meanwhile, which will display transformation hit animations in approximation to the root's animation. Not going to go into detail since it's something, as aforementioned, that I refuse to tackle and have no interest in doing playable transformations, they're not worth it for me.
#3  February 14, 2020, 05:36:02 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Mostly possible, but otherwise, extremely difficult to the point even I refuse to touch that. The main method from what I've read of getting around this is a workaround where the root is invisible during custom hitstates and have a helper overlay their position meanwhile, which will display transformation hit animations in approximation to the root's animation. Not going to go into detail since it's something, as aforementioned, that I refuse to tackle and have no interest in doing playable transformations, they're not worth it for me.

I appreciate the quick response and input,

but shit, I was trying to avoid that route as well. There was a time (long ago) where I thought I saw something regarding super-armor negating it...
If need be I can reserve the sprites for a special..

Thanks though.

-A.S.P
#4  February 14, 2020, 10:09:10 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 My other suggestion is make the transformation a high cost, temporary mode that has perpetual hyper armor or something so you can have a controllable transformation without the worry of custom hitstates.
#5  February 14, 2020, 11:02:34 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yun&Yang has this,
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Just make my IsHelper trigger be your Alt-Mode check. Should work ok. I mean there might be some crazy way to throw him, but I don't think I've seen it happen in game.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#6  February 15, 2020, 07:53:41 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
That is merely a bandaid to the solution, being immune to throws won't negate the issue of other custom hitstates forcing changeanim2 such as cinematic supers and wall bounces.
#7  February 18, 2020, 06:11:53 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
The only other thing ive seen done and it was imperfect was a forced changeanim in stat -2 when selfanimexist(anim) = 0. And it just threw a hitsprite in there. 5000,1 if memory serves. Its ugly.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  February 29, 2020, 01:19:03 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
I did think of just making the form unthrowable, but if it affects the superhit damage and wall bounces I may just leave it exclusively during super moves. Thanks for all the input, this issue has bugged me for a while.

-A.S.P