YesNoOk

I don't like this person, let me go through their post history and downvote them (Read 3694 times)

Started by SnowShingo, March 02, 2010, 07:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
I don't like this person, let me go through their post history and downvote them
#1  March 02, 2010, 07:08:14 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
anyone who uses the new system this way is a loser who should be chemically castrated

discuss
Re: I don't like this person, let me go through their post history and downvote them
#2  March 02, 2010, 07:10:00 pm
  • SNK is life
:uhoh:
Re: I don't like this person, let me go through their post history and downvote
#3  March 02, 2010, 07:10:59 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
The above post irritates me and as such I will down-vote the person responsible.

Mog

Re: I don't like this person, let me go through their post history and downvote them
#4  March 02, 2010, 07:12:15 pm
is this a reputaion thing?  Do you get some special prize if you reach 100?

:bow:
#5  March 02, 2010, 07:15:35 pm
    • USA
Sorry if Im a little late catching up, but you can now downvote people? How does this work? I can see lots of problems arising from something like this.
#6  March 02, 2010, 07:17:56 pm
also wouldn't it be more fair, fairer even, to show both positive and negative votes and have a users reputation be based off the average of positive votes they receive

#7  March 02, 2010, 07:19:29 pm
  • SNK is life
This proved to be a mess in the past. Just sayin'
#8  March 02, 2010, 07:22:12 pm
i don't think it's necessarily useful in any real way, but if they're going to have it on the forums it should at least be made with a little wiggle room for abuse as possible
#9  March 02, 2010, 07:22:23 pm
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
limit the vote thingy at a few per day?
#10  March 02, 2010, 07:27:18 pm
    • USA
3 votes per day would be good. that would prevent much spamming.
#11  March 02, 2010, 07:29:05 pm
  • SNK is life
given that I can no longer click on the arrows (lol) WHAT'S THE LIMIT CURRENTLY IN EFFECT?
#12  March 02, 2010, 07:29:58 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#13  March 02, 2010, 07:30:38 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
given that I can no longer click on the arrows (lol) WHAT'S THE LIMIT CURRENTLY IN EFFECT?
You can't do it in all sections (like the feedback section, for example).
My shitty mugen stuff:
#14  March 02, 2010, 07:31:51 pm
    • USA
#15  March 02, 2010, 07:36:20 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
keep some form of "i like this post" though

if there's one fucktard "nice car +1" post in the topic the rest of the shitposters can just upvote that fucktard and not clutter the thread

Mog

#16  March 02, 2010, 07:40:12 pm
Good Post/Bad Post is bad.

I want Advanced Reputation System instead.  Maybe. Needs more thought and input.

Is that kind of like the one vB uses?

Any kind of reputation system is a bad idea.  It's another troll tool.  You'll have people who spend their time in rep-wars instead of making a contribution to the forum.  You will have people forming gangs to fight other gangs.
People will start whore for karma/rep threads, they will figure out every  exploit there is.

And someone will get clever and do something like this...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You need a troll consultant before you try these things!

:bow:
#17  March 02, 2010, 07:40:31 pm
the problem with a limit on the number of votes a user can cast per day is that it doesn't really halt abuse. for example someone could be in irc and say something akin to this :

<ShoShingo> http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=113098.0
<ShoShingo> everyone who is here upvote my first post in this thread

and magically the votes start pouring in, even if the thread isn't insanely popular to begin with. a better solution would probably be for votes cast on a user within a set time frame.
#18  March 02, 2010, 07:53:08 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
I don't think its as bad as it seems to you guys.

the only real effects this system are

1) bad posts are either hidden or gray out.
2) the user gain respect points, which is as useless as achievement points on XLA

it does not bump the thread of the post.
it does not make a 500 point post more evident
it does not grant the user super powers.

not to mention that the points are on a per post basis. nothing more nothing less.

to really fuck up with such system, is too much work for the regular troll.
#19  March 02, 2010, 07:55:31 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
i don't think it's necessarily useful in any real way, but if they're going to have it on the forums it should at least be made with a little wiggle room for abuse as possible

i dont like you so im going to downvote all your posts ::)

good system but likely to be abused, just look at other forums that use that thumbs up thumbs down system. the ADVANTAGE is if someone is posting useless posts or is flaming or something like that then those posts are hidden.
+100 to Tony 3rd

but tony, it's possible some people will use the system to hide posts of people they dont like, even though the post isn't bad which is the disadvantage.

then again for people who NEED to hide posts, an ignore feature would be alot better.
#20  March 02, 2010, 08:01:28 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
but tony, it's possible some people will use the system to hide posts of people they dont like, even though the post isn't bad which is the disadvantage.

only if the guy has a army of "me toos" that follow every single of his steps. according to val, for a post to be bad, it will require -10 points.

does any troll here have 10 other users who follow blindly any move he makes?