YesNoOk

full game child forums (Read 27230 times)

Started by Valodim, January 11, 2010, 06:29:40 pm
full game child forums
#1  January 11, 2010, 06:29:40 pm
    • Germany
Hey there. Two things:

BC asked if he could have a child forum for the development of his "sfa4 project". I told him a while ago we'd talk once he has three chars finished, at this point he has two (guy and Ryu). I'd be okay with it, same goes for Iced. Any comments on this?

While talking about that, we noticed that the projects forum has quite a large child forum box up there, should we do something to unclutter it? design changes? make projects a category of its own (possibly collapsed by default?) any outside the box ideas?
Re: full game child forums
#2  January 11, 2010, 09:27:36 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
If there's gonna be consistent progress on it, then I don't mind at all. But maybe we should wait for your 3 character minimum to be fulfilled before we commit to a full child board.. something like presenting us with the system (so it doesn't sound too wacky) and/or a roster (same deal), something with substance, but not something that seems so ambitious, I find that some people like to have really ambitious ideas about what they wanna do with a character or a game, but it's probably gonna take more commitment than just 2 characters, no? Sorry if I sound mean or bitchy.

Regarding the child boards... not to sound presumptuous or anything, but has there been any progress on The King of Fighters Dream Match '09 since the last post date (November 22nd)?
* TempesT expects there to be a post in that forum now regarding updates or lack thereof.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#3  January 11, 2010, 10:34:27 pm
  • I got a PM.
I think we should give it its own area on the home.
#4  January 12, 2010, 01:17:23 am
    • Germany
keep in mind there are like four or even five of these forums, the category would be about as big as MUGEN Central. I've always been cautious with adding too many forums, big empty spaces scare people away. But maybe it's time to expand a bit...

either way I'm not really sure what to do
#5  January 12, 2010, 02:04:47 am
  • I got a PM.
Can you make a single child that reads full game projects and then the projects would be found under that child. Would that get it off the home with only one child board listed or do the sub forums of sub forums still appear on the board?